Thread: Cyclors!

Cyclors!

Cycling plus sailors = cyclors. How ETNZ just won America's Cup. I had no idea. I am very impressed with everything about this.

Last edited by plugboots; 06-27-2017 at 02:59 PM.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

That was a third of their brilliant strategy. Gave them more oil to work with every second of the race. Splitting up skipper duty was second, all Burling had to do was steer. The third, we'll never know....
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Everything runs on hydraulics on these boats, so no more ropes and pulleys. More hydraulic pressure = more control to make the boat do what you want.

They had HRM live data feeds on all the crews. The guys pedalling were in the 180 range, just burying themselves. The Kiwi's also had an Olympic track cyclist on their crew.

The ride height controller (and the fact that the guy can do it while pedalling) probably made the most difference IMO.

Also they clearly had the cleanest/smoothest maneuvers, watch the second video at around 50 seconds how smooth that tack is, and the coordination between everyone's jobs.

Better maneuvers and efficiency of foiling = better VMG = less distance sailed. The speeds between them and Oracle weren't that off but their VMG (velocity made good towards the mark) was much better.

Plus, spithill was over early what like 3 races? Cmon buddy.

Looks like an overpriced spin class with better views.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Looks like an overpriced spin class with better views.
    Define overpriced. I'm still kinda amazed by the whole thing. I want to do this so bad, and I never will. I do have a Fizik Arione like they do.
    Last edited by plugboots; 06-27-2017 at 04:54 PM.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Define overpriced.
    The cost of one of those freakin plastic gliders that masquerade as a boat.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

This is fuckin awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by bsavery View Post
    The ride height controller (and the fact that the guy can do it while pedalling) probably made the most difference IMO.

Also they clearly had the cleanest/smoothest maneuvers, watch the second video at around 50 seconds how smooth that tack is, and the coordination between everyone's jobs.

Better maneuvers and efficiency of foiling = better VMG = less distance sailed. The speeds between them and Oracle weren't that off but their VMG (velocity made good towards the mark) was much better.

Plus, spithill was over early what like 3 races? Cmon buddy.
    They never even sink down off the foils in the tack, amazing!
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

The coordination where the trimmer reaches back and holds the wheel while Burling crosses is gorgeous.