Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Makes me sad
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Aren't you supposed to burn old skis after using them? Wha happen?

Shoulda ordered me some Ravens too...oh well.
    Burning them was never the plan. Around a week and a half ago I came home to flames billowing out of my house. The skis faired better than a lot of other stuff on that side of the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    The bases are pretty well cooked. Plus one of them has quite the delamination.
    Perfect daily driver for Mission Ridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Perfect daily driver for Mission Ridge.
    Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    Burning them was never the plan. Around a week and a half ago I came home to flames billowing out of my house. The skis faired better than a lot of other stuff on that side of the house.
    Dang man, that blows. No idea where you're at, but let me (or us maggots) know if you need any help with ski gear or whatever.

Dang man, that blows. No idea where you're at, but let me (or us maggots) know if you need any help with ski gear or whatever.
    Most of his ski gear is up the road from me at his parents. Not sure about his clothes. I just scored him those steeples in gs so he's got touring skis now again. Sad about the protests he lost though.

The community here is awesome. Every mag who has heard about this has offered to help anyway they can. I really appreciate the support shown by this community.

Right now I'm going through the house trying to finish taking inventory of all the damaged stuff. After I'm finished with that I'll have another meeting with my insurance company to iron out the details.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Solid contribution.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    Solid contribution.
    He's speechless

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Most of his ski gear is up the road from me at his parents. Not sure about his clothes. I just scored him those steeples in gs so he's got touring skis now again. Sad about the protests he lost though.
    I don't have the heart to show my ProTest the photo or tell them yet. They were confused when I went out and gave them a big hug. Pretty sure they know something's up.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    The protests... Yeah...

Powell Movement podcast last week had new details about the sale. Turns out 4frnt would've gone under without new funds after they tried being the exclusive online seller.
    Powell Movement: Matt Sterbenz
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I suggest we do more airmchair QBing with no facts except as stated in the article.

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    And another email pushing back delivery to end of November, beginning of December. The last email pushed back delivery to November 1st, and bragged that I would still have them in time for opening day.

The best early season in a decade, and they still haven't sent my skis that they said would be here October 1st.

But they're sending me a hat!

Fuck this. ON3P will be getting my business/money from now on. They're already stocked in the shops.
    What's the status on the hat?

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Sierra Skier View Post
    What's the status on the hat?
    No idea, but these better be a damn immaculate pair of skis in fit, finish, and performance to have pushed back delivery by 60 days or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Kye Petersen leaves 4frnt. Honestly sad to see him go. Here's what he had to say:

"Change is inevitable in life...and today i’m announcing the end of a chapter in my ski career. After almost five years with @4frnt_skis, nine different pro model skis and three separate shapes we’ve decided to go our separate ways and discontinue our collaboration.
    I can’t say enough good things about @mattsterbenz and all that he’s done for me and my career. Without coming on board and working on multiple groundbreaking designs with what was a directly rider driven brand i would not have had the same drive or ability to accomplish what i have done on my skis in recent years. Thank you Matt, for all you’ve done for me and for the whole sport of Freeskiing! ��
    I’m happy to have learned so much with my experience at 4frnt skis which was a brand with the strongest core ethos up until the company’s majority just recently got sold. I’m also very excited to take what i’ve learned to my next chapter. After designing and developing my first pro model designs, some of which ended up as 4frnt’s highest selling skis, i can’t wait to bring that knowledge to what’s next, which will undoubtedly be developing the best ski design’s and construction to motivate myself and inspire other skiers around the world.
    There is so much i accomplished with the KYE series 4frnt line but also so much i did not get the chance to bring to the public. Matter of fact I've been skiing on multiple different adjusted shapes and prototype design improvements to KYE skis over the last two years that never did make it to production and never will. I’m stoked to carry this momentum onto my next endeavour and use my knowledge of skiing and ski design to implement technical and environmental improvements throughout the ski world.
    Pictured here are a variety of KYE series prototypes and production skis that i designed, some are KYE 120’s and 110 protos with top-sheet graphics from non KYE models including the pair second from the right which were the very first KYE protos ever pressed;the single ski to the right of that is the last CRJ that @4frnt_skis ever made which i added to the photo just because of its sentimental value. Thank you 4frnt and goodbye. �� #ShapedSkiing"

From what I heard on the matter from Blister, I really don't believe Jason Levinthal is the bad guy here. Obviously something in 4frnt had to change in order for them to continue doing what they do best - and it is something unique in the ski industry. Hoji on the Blister podcast explained it well, and seemed supportive of the whole acquisition and standing behind Matt and Jason. Kye apparently felt different saying "I’m happy to have learned so much with my experience at 4frnt skis which was a brand with the strongest core ethos up until the company’s majority just recently got sold." So makes you wonder..

4frnt has always been my favourite brand, ever since my first EHP 190, made in Canada. I literally had dreamt this ski before I bought it, skied it for 5 years before it was no longer rideable from all the abuse it took.
    Matt and all the guys in the team although I never met them in person - huge respect to all and was honored to be part of the team for a while. Hope this is just their option to stay independent and continue their vision and hard work, because in the end skiing needs 4frnt..

Long live 4frnt!