Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn View Post
    Seconded.
    Thirded. Still waiting to win the lotto and have Folsom build me a lighter pair for touring.

Quote Originally Posted by Phildo_Baggins View Post
    Yeah, it's a chicken and egg problem. Hard to market with no money. Need marketing to sell more skis.

In many ways skiing media and marketing is a pay to play business that is dominated by the big companies with $ tied to an incestuous inside bros culture.
    Amen brother.
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

Well. Time to grab an extra pair of Renegades and Hoji's I guess. Just in case.

Dunno anything about all this drama crap but was never impressed by stuff Line put out.

Annnnnd...

4frnt has just pushed back shipping dates from October 1st, to November 1st.

smh
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn View Post
    Seconded.
    Fourth'd . Even own 2 pair of HOJI, still keeping the EHP 193 around its just a fun ski....unless you're in tight (way too tight) trees and it hasn't snowed in weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    Annnnnd...

4frnt has just pushed back shipping dates from October 1st, to November 1st.

smh
    Depends on the ski, but that is what it is looking like.

MSP ships November 15th..
    Renegade ships October 18th..

So I guess skis made in-house are shipping out mid-october and everything overseas ships out mid-november. Thats kind of a shame. I am guessing there must be a slight hiccup in the factory overseas? They are out of the Elan factory, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    there was an epic thread on here back in the line days with an unhappy customer who seemed pretty sane and jason. jason basically called him a bitch and told him to fuck off. I remember when line had some serious quality issues.
    That was bad_roo. It was pretty fuckin' hilarious, as were most things which involved him.

From the "ain't nobody got time for that" desk, y'all should listen to the podcast with both dudes from the week of the sale. It might not change your conclusions because actions speak louder than podcasts, but there's a lot of mutual respect here that you can't fake. Sterbenz tattles about how the sidecut of his first ski design was literally traced from a Line mothership or something. http://blistergearreview.com/feature...ason-levinthal

The TL;DR company line is that J is staying (mostly) away from the 4frnt product and working on their marketing and POP.

Disclosure: I opened the thread because I just yoinked a set of J Skis Metals out of the factory seconds page on his webpage. 499 and the "defect" was a scratch so tiny that I would do worse carrying them from the lot. Stoked, even if they smell like Canada. Second disclosure: I live in Illinios and therefore you wasted your time by reading this.

Has anyone heard anything more on shipping? In house skis were supposed to ship out yesterday, but I still haven't heard anything regarding my pair..

I kinda have the answer to my own question, but I think skis should ship out soon.

After my skis not shipping out Oct 18th like they said they would, I contact 4FRNT through their chat on their site. Guy I was talking to said they would ship out "early November", because the skis were coming from Slovenia.. interesting I thought the skis I bought were made in SLC.

Today on 4FRNTs social media they said all White Room skis will ship out next week.. so hopefully they ship out then.

Not too rushed on receiving my skis, but never had this happen with 4FRNT.. wonder if anything is really changing up behind the scenes. Seems like they dont have their dates figured out which is something I have never had problems with before.

TL;DR WhiteRoom skis ship out next week, although they were supposed to ship out Oct 18th.
    All other skis ship out "early November", even though the listed ship date is Nov. 15th.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto.Creek View Post
    I kinda have the answer to my own question, but I think skis should ship out soon.

After my skis not shipping out Oct 18th like they said they would, I contact 4FRNT through their chat on their site. Guy I was talking to said they would ship out "early November", because the skis were coming from Slovenia.. interesting I thought the skis I bought were made in SLC.

Today on 4FRNTs social media they said all White Room skis will ship out next week.. so hopefully they ship out then.

Not too rushed on receiving my skis, but never had this happen with 4FRNT.. wonder if anything is really changing up behind the scenes. Seems like they dont have their dates figured out which is something I have never had problems with before.

TL;DR WhiteRoom skis ship out next week, although they were supposed to ship out Oct 18th.
    All other skis ship out "early November", even though the listed ship date is Nov. 15th.
    What skis did you order?

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    What skis did you order?
    Inthayne

And another email pushing back delivery to end of November, beginning of December. The last email pushed back delivery to November 1st, and bragged that I would still have them in time for opening day.

The best early season in a decade, and they still haven't sent my skis that they said would be here October 1st.

But they're sending me a hat!

Fuck this. ON3P will be getting my business/money from now on. They're already stocked in the shops.

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post

Fuck this. ON3P will be getting my business/money from now on.
    Why was this ever a question?

I got my Inthaynes 2 weeks after they said they'd come.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto.Creek View Post
    I got my Inthaynes 2 weeks after they said they'd come.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Same with my Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    Same with my Ravens.
    Custom charred topsheet included?

I know 4frnt dudes are working hard, haven't made money in the past, skis designed and built by skiers for skiers, but if they're going to go to a direct sales platform, then they better fucking deliver on time.

Otherwise, you don't get to feel/flex the product, you can't visually inspect for quality, and you you don't get them on time.

So why order from them?

There are other boutique ski co's that can hit these marks.

I had debated on selling my second pair of 196 Raven 2.0 Renegades. Maybe I won't now.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Custom charred topsheet included?
    No those came later.

No those came later.
    Tis a Flesh wound :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Fiedler View Post
    Tis a Flesh wound :-(
    They went from hawt to extra crispy in short order.

No those came later.

You should mount them up and try them.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    You should mount them up and try them.
    The bases are pretty well cooked. Plus one of them has quite the delamination.

The bases are pretty well cooked. Plus one of them has quite the delamination.
    Aren't you supposed to burn old skis after using them? Wha happen?

Shoulda ordered me some Ravens too...oh well.