Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    How about Richard Gurgle?
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Or you could go to Wu-Tang Financial.

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/tw2ltp...l---uncensored
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Do you have one of those unicorn jobs that people actually like?

'Cause if I came into a windfall... fuck work.
    Of course he does. He's the guy with a job he likes and people giving him shit tons of money.
    He's that fucking guy, his shit turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet.

Help a fellow mag got out from behind? 37yrs of good vibes

Maybe Mike B will knock off the 20% gratuity?

Sometimes a windfall ain't a windfall at all
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Great. One more trust funder driving around in a shiny new 50,000 dollar pickup truck engineered for the working class. Don't forget the Carharts!

Sent from my SM-G900V using TGR Forums mobile app
    Bunny find me one for 50k and I'll buy a second. Try 70k. And I wear bespoke carharts on the weekend.

Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    I will let you know when my kids complain about growing up in a glorified A frame in the Wasatch. Hasn't happened yet. Pull that trigger sooner rather than later, dood.
    Can't help but admit I'm jealous. Congratulations on living the dream. Not in the cards for me. Have a golden handcuff arrangement at present employment and a good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Sad.

Benny, what's sad is you associate absolute dollars with some type of societal corruption. All your posts are complaining about condo prices, lift ticket prices, truck prices etc. you made your choices, I made mine. I owned a business for 15 years before my present gig. You clearly never reached for the brass ring. Guess what? I came from nothing. I didn't get the million dollar small loan. Sure I had lucky breaks like cashing out before the last market top, but I also struggled early on. You inhabit an enthusiast board for arguably one of the most exclusionary sports on the planet and expect a proletariat uprising. I got news for you. Ford didn't open a brand new truck factory just for me and a few friends so they can sell 10 trucks every 7 years or so. When the price gets too high they won't sell. Not everyone is making sky high payments either.

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    Benny, what's sad is you associate absolute dollars with some type of societal corruption. All your posts are complaining about condo prices, lift ticket prices, truck prices etc. you made your choices, I made mine. I owned a business for 15 years before my present gig. You clearly never reached for the brass ring. Guess what? I came from nothing. I didn't get the million dollar small loan. Sure I had lucky breaks like cashing out before the last market top, but I also struggled early on. You inhabit an enthusiast board for arguably one of the most exclusionary sports on the planet and expect a proletariat uprising. I got news for you. Ford didn't open a brand new truck factory just for me and a few friends so they can sell 10 trucks every 7 years or so. When the price gets too high they won't sell. Not everyone is making sky high payments either.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Sounds like a lot of people here either have had bad experiences with financial planners--there are bad ones out there; the good ones are expensive and worth it--or have no experience with planners and are just repeating third hand pseudo-information.
    Not surprising - between the 90% fallout of reps/agents in the first three years, hybrid agents dabbling in all phases of planning and mastering none, negative news stories, bailouts and snake oil deals, they are reaping what they sow.

Ex: Talk to 10 groups that do life insurance and I can almost guarantee 9 of them will sling whole to you, regardless of situation. Not surprising when the commission pays 55% of first year premium (NY Life.). 55%!!!!

Yes, there are good finance, insurance & investment people out there, but you'll pay for them one way or another.

Be careful not to turn into this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Phildo_Baggins View Post

I will spend more on lots of things that save me time and hassle because it's worth it to me not to have to deal with it. As a CPA I know you are paid to tell people to do things with only finances in mind, but that's not always the only consideration to make.
    If I get a huge windfall I'd blow it on flying first class. I don't need 5 stars when I get there in fact I hate fancy hotels, but I'd travel more if I didn't dislike coach so much.

Need financial advice: receiving significant windfall soon

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Generally I agree that buying 1-2 years old is the right spot for a car/truck purchase.

However, when irrational markets exist (which they do for some vehicles), which would you rather buy:

1) new Toyota Tacoma, 0 miles, full warranty, for $35K.

2) used Toyota Tacoma (exactly the same configuration as #1), 30K miles, no warranty, for $30K.

That's the reality of buying a Tacoma. It's stupid, but it exists.

Me, I'd say: used Nissan Frontier, 30K miles, $20K. YMMV.
    Option 4: Honda CRV, 120k miles, $5000

I think there was a Family Guy episode where they got a bunch of money...you should do what they did. Then post a TR.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Option 4: Honda CRV, 120k miles, $5000
    Why? do you hate yourself?

Run for US congressman
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Shit, go for the senate. Classier.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    If I get a huge windfall I'd blow it on flying first class. I don't need 5 stars when I get there in fact I hate fancy hotels, but I'd travel more if I didn't dislike coach so much.
    Bingo. I'm with you. And, you meet such nice people!

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    I think there was a Family Guy episode where they got a bunch of money...you should do what they did. Then post a TR.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dyWFHOOfs20

Lots of chicken fajitas. That's the answer

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    #maketgrgreatagain
    #financethetags
    #profitonlutz
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    I'd hire a driver.
    I've always said this.

Shit, buy a slave.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    I've always said this.
    Autonomous cars. We can ALL have a driver.

Thanks again everyone, for the advice and the lolz. Meeting with the family lawyer tomorrow and have phone calls out to interview CFP's. Since there's some actual good advice and experience that popped up in the last day, I'll let this die on it's own. The previous track of BS and spew was pissing me off.

And based upon the responses in here, we all have different ideas of what is a windfall. I never said huge. Here's some things that aren't happening:

--Buying a new car (probably not paying the old ones off in full either, interest is practically nil)
    --Flying first class anywhere. Been there, done that with FF status. My feelings on flying stem from airport bullshit and being stuck in the tube for hours not moving, not the seat size. And the seats aren't any more comfortable, just larger.
    --Hiring a driver. I'm the fucking driver, I hate being driven anywhere unless I'm piss drunk.
    --Financing the return of the tags. If it was possible, it would have been done years ago via a maggot kickstarter. Money can't buy tags, can they Dunfee?
    --Running for any political office. Nope Nopity Nope. If Hilary was called unlikable, I don't even know there is a word for what they'd call me.
    --Retiring before my kids get done with school. They're gonna have work ethic and they're gonna learn it from me. After they're off the payroll is another story.
    --Chicken Fajitas. Chicken sucks unless it's spicy fried chicken from Popeye's. Beef fajitas is where it's at.

nice job exposing yourself with formatting

somebody will discover who you be very soon

ur one of 5 people that post a lot
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000