Inflatable triangle raft

Whatcha boaters think:

http://.http://www.designboom.com/te...aft-06-15-2017

(I know nothing of rafting....just thought it interesting and different.)
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Fun to watch locally in gore canyon, but purpose built with no relevance to a average boater.
    Last edited by MakersTeleMark; 06-26-2017 at 11:21 AM.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

phun to watch them get hammered
    watch out for snakes

https://youtu.be/bUx4mwpEvaA

These guys got beat up a bit, up the river from here. Viewing platform popular for the salmon run, so a nice crowd to observe.

Looks fun to watch from the shore. Is the forward visibility better or worse than the new proposed F1 halo head protection? Are they strapped into the watercraft?

After watching the video of the williams lake boys getting throttled in bailey's shoot all I can think is that it is like being in a bouncy castle with a couple aluminum baseball bats swinging around.
    I don't work and I don't save, desperate women pay my way.

Holy shit.

I wonder if you'd stand a chance in a fully loaded boat w some momentum and a little left of the tongue.....
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by Moose Pit View Post
    After watching the video of the williams lake boys getting throttled in bailey's shoot all I can think is that it is like being in a bouncy castle with a couple aluminum baseball bats swinging around.
    So funny!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TGR Forums mobile app

Would have been if not for the week he spent in hospital and the months to recover to a point where he could get on the water again. That he is still paddling the thing is amazing. I would have quit and taken up lawn bowling.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUx4mwpEvaA
    I don't work and I don't save, desperate women pay my way.

that ^^ looks like a pretty bad beat down! I always put in just below the falls at the commercial put-in on the Clearwater for the great surfing, I don't recognise that drop, Is that somewhere on the upper section and how did the photog get on that side in street clothes ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Upper section, about 2/3rds of the way to Clearwater Lake, accessed from the park road on the east side of the river. Most boats put in from the old river road (west side of river), either well above or just below the Kettle

yeah clearwater is a pretty doable weekend trip from Kelowna/Vancover/PeeG that always delivers so there were many runs over the years but never above the kettle and I've never really been on the east side

The whole river has good times - from Clearwater Lk to Bailey's Chute has some really fun waterfall hucks and waves. After Bailey's, it's a better float than ride, until you get south of Mahood R. But most that park at the bridge 'downtown' don't venture far past the Kettle - so much to do why go so much further or on severely rougher roads? I've only scratched the surface, and am a novice paddler; little one will be old enough for a few of the commercial day trips next year and looking forward to it.

First time I ran the Clearwater it was the big water on the bucket list of my 1st year paddling , it was in the fall with the snow line half way down the mountains, it was long boats, before dry gear ... so it was really really fucking cold & scary eh.

There never used to be a road down to below the Kettle so the raft ops (Doug Trotter?) would line them down on a cable from the road, that cable might still be there

Inflatable triangle raft

Access to the river along the western bank is very political, to say the least - LOL. It's all in the park, and I have only the slimmest grasp of the history of the 2 main access trails below the Kettle, but suffice to say one is private and one is (more or less) public. Doug of IWE does not have the private one, FWIW, despite being the oldest commercial runner on the Clearwater. No idea if there is still a cable, haven't seen one but it could be buried in the woods.
    Last edited by BCMountainHound; 08-07-2017 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose Pit View Post
    Would have been if not for the week he spent in hospital and the months to recover to a point where he could get on the water again. That he is still paddling the thing is amazing. I would have quit and taken up lawn bowling.
    Sorry. I didn't realize the injury. The bouncy house image you created was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMountainHound View Post
    Access to the river along the western bank is very political, to say the least - LOL. It's all in the park, and I have only the slimmest grasp of the history of the 2 main access trails below the Kettle, but suffice to say one is private and one is (more or less) public. Doug of IWE does not have the private one, FWIW, despite being the oldest commercial runner on the Clearwater. No idea if there is still a cable, haven't seen one but it could be buried in the woods.
    I vaguely remember some political stuff but it escapes me, its now an extra 4 hrs to the Clearwater which makes for a days travel each way when we already got paddling here so I haven't paddled the river since I moved west

I never met DT but some of my early mentors seemed to know him from Kayaking , IWE was there in 83 on my first trip and that steel cable was strung 25-30 feet in the air thru the forest more or less where the road to the kettle is SO ... look up, a way way up !

My opinion of creature crafts is that they encourage people with zero skill to run very difficult whitewater. Whether or not that is a good thing or not is up to you but I think it is terrifying. Also, I would never want to be strapped into something on the river, I have seen videos of two person creature crafts getting surfed and one person is just getting pummeled. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by haysman16 View Post
    My opinion of creature crafts is that they encourage people with zero skill to run very difficult whitewater. Whether or not that is a good thing or not is up to you but I think it is terrifying. Also, I would never want to be strapped into something on the river, I have seen videos of two person creature crafts getting surfed and one person is just getting pummeled. Good times.
    You really think that there are people with zero skill buying creature crafts? Seems like a stretch...

Quote Originally Posted by CelebratedSkier View Post
    You really think that there are people with zero skill buying creature crafts? Seems like a stretch...
    Yep, can't read water or put the boat where they want. Which is ok in a CC because you don't need to!! Just watch the videos of people flailing down shit, they would be running class 2 if they were kayakers

Looks fun though front visibility can be an issue.

Worth Every Penny

Absolutely worth every penny the boat itself is good strong not too heavy and big enough for 2 even 3 fishermen I have made lots of upgrade to it to make look more pro and comfortable and stable the was afraid that I put too much weight on it but I was surprised with result I absolutely recommend it and 10 big Stars.
    Last edited by m8c1dc; 02-02-2019 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Grammar