Busted Front Fork - Advice

Hi All,

I wanted to get some input on what fellow maggots would do. I have an old 2008 Giant Reign 2 and the front fork is busted (Marzocchi 600 TST2).

I found a guy that rebuilds Marzocchis and it would cost $125 to rebuild (without shipping to/from).

Alternatively, I could buy a used fork and was eyeing this https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2200477/
    I have not seen many 1 1/8 straight forks with quick release.

I have not bought bike equipment in a long time so wanted to see WWMD (What would maggot do)

Cheers,

JG

Do you like the way your current fork works? Fix it.

IMHO through-axle design is a worthwhile upgrade on a suspension fork, particularly when you get to longer travel (like that 150mm Revelation you linked), and for whatever travel a 2008 Reign is supposed to use.

I bet you could pick up a replacement through-axle 26" wheel for cheap. The harder part is probably going to be finding a straight 1 1/8" steerer fork that isn't low end junk, and isn't beat to shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

What do you mean by "busted"? Are your seals leaking oil? That's a simple fix. Old zokes are easy to work on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Toad View Post
    What do you mean by "busted"? Are your seals leaking oil? That's a simple fix. Old zokes are easy to work on.
    Yeah, what is busted? Does it feel kinda like a car with bad shocks? Leaking a little?
    Your LBS can rebuild it with new oil and seals. Needs to be done every year or 2.
    If they can find seals, it should cost bit less that $150 and no shipping (like half that.)
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.