Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    T......it's a dumb move to lean on the best bike handler in the peloton in that position.
    Word.
    Agreed, non-fouls should not be penalized and stupid tries have their own reward.
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

No rider is above the rules (not anymore anyway) but you should have pretty damn conclusive evidence before you toss the most popular guy in the field and I'm not seeing it.

And FWIW my fantasy team is officially fucked. Both my sprinters gone like a fart in the wind.
    The Sheriff is near!

Name:  19875123_10158955118000191_8611685453129595879_n.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  123.3 KB

Cavendish out with broken shoulder now

What a load of crap. Cav tried to move Sagan with his head but instead forced himself into the barriers. Clear as fucking day.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Name:  19875123_10158955118000191_8611685453129595879_n.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  123.3 KB
    Assuming the camera angle relative to rider direction remains constant in that sequence,
    it certainly looks like the amount of room available to Cavendish increased, not decreased, with time.
    I will be yelling at the TV on tonight's rebroadcast

such garbage. ASO/UCI rigged it for Demare. If anything he and Bouhanni should be punished as well. Such, such bullshit.
    Last edited by ICEHOCEY77; 07-04-2017 at 08:46 PM.

Enough with the time lapse pictures. Play it in real time. The jury was correct in booting Sagan. Closing the door is one thing, slamming it shut in someone's face, is another thing entirely. Tour is definitely better with both of them in it. It sucks for the fans. But it's the right call.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Enough with the time lapse pictures. Play it in real time. The jury was correct in booting Sagan. Closing the door is one thing, slamming it shut in someone's face, is another thing entirely. Tour is definitely better with both of them in it. It sucks for the fans. But it's the right call.
    Basically every professional cyclist who has watch the video and spoken on this issue disagrees with your assessment. I haven't seen a single pro say he should be DQ'd for that ride. And my guess is those folks have a fuckton more experience in fast sprints than any of us. Just like stills don't tell everything, real time doesn't tell you everything either.

Declassifying him for the stage may be warranted. There is nothing to warrant a DQ.

You know less about bike racing than you do about cannabis. And that's saying something

In other Tour news, Froome is back in yellow.

I laft

Spot on TBS
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    You know less about bike racing than you do about cannabis. And that's saying something
    Faster than you or fatass Scotty, any day.
    It was the right move.
    crab in my shoe mouth

My new goal in the fantasy pool is to be the top TGR guy who has Segan as a pick.

Given ASO/UCI's track record one can't help but wonder what role Dimension Data's sponsorship of the race may have played in this decision.
    The Sheriff is near!

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Bimble View Post
    Given ASO/UCI's track record one can't help but wonder what role Dimension Data's sponsorship of the race may have played in this decision.
    Thats quite the conflict of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Thats quite the conflict of interest.
    I heard the decision was all UCI and that Prudhomme is pissed.

After Sagan DQd and Quintana cracked today, I think I can safely say I'm fucked for this tour. Should have picked up Bardet instead.

Enough with the time lapse pictures. Play it in real time. . . .
    and it's obvious that, if anyone should have been DQ'd, it's Demare and Greipel, who endangered other riders and, along with Cavendish, were more significant contributors to the mayhem than Sagan was

Here is the best explanation I've see re what went down

Speaking as a Cat 2 has been, whose job usually ended at 1000 meters out, Sagan did not foul Cav and barely stayed up after Cav's head and shoulder pressure on Sagan's ribs and hip suddenly went away.

Resisting Cav's pressure is absolutely the right thing to have done; WFT should he have done? Let the bastard shove him aside?

Dude, no one cares about your '70's bike racing experience. Like, no one. It's over, move the fuck on. You and old Steve should get together and reminisce about downtube shifters and chrome chainstays. It was the right call.
    Take a lap
    crab in my shoe mouth

that's 70s and 80s and the gear of those days cannot hold a candle to this era's gear. It is still about the rider.

Don't expect respect, earn it.

Boom! Kittle just walked the rest.

Of course, it is a different race w/o Cavendish and Sagan but that was pretty convincing.

Kittel is the strongest sprinter in the Tour -- and would be with Mark and Sagan there as well. If he plays it right he's pretty much unbeatable from a strength perspective right now. Where both Cav and Sagan excel is mixing it up in confusing sprints.