Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    yeah that should be an ejection. I think he caused the first crash too?

Cav got his face ran over.
    Last edited by ICEHOCEY77; 07-04-2017 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ICEHOCEY77 View Post
    yeah that should be an ejection. I think he caused the first crash too?
    After watching it again he definitely threw an elbow, although Bobke says no, it was just momentum. Looks like I've lost another (Cav).
    The Sheriff is near!

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Bimble View Post
    After watching it again he definitely threw an elbow, although Bobke says no, it was just momentum. Looks like I've lost another (Cav).
    yeah after watching it a few more times, I think Cav put himself in a bad spot too. But Sag definitely came off his line (granted no one was staying on their line). Hard to tell if elbow was malicious or just for balance (Was Cav already going down?). Didn't know I would have to put on my hockey referee experience to use watching cycling.

Not looking good for Sagan, there was no room for Cav, but come on man. That elbow looks bad
    crab in my shoe mouth

Sagan was already moving to the right to follow Demare's wheel. No room for Cav when Sagan sensed he was trying to come through.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Not looking good for Sagan, there was no room for Cav, but come on man. That elbow looks bad
    Looks bad, but that's what you do when somebody's riding into you.

yeah Cav was throwing shoulders to stay with Demare and Sagan didn't give any quarter. Elbow was more a box out to keep where he was. Fair play.

After the shit Cav pulled in last years Olympic track race, he deserves to get his face run over. But seriously, Sagan fucked him today. He might be out of this race.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Ouch 2x!

<shaking head>Sprinterz....<shakes head again>
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Quote Originally Posted by ICEHOCEY77 View Post
    yeah after watching it a few more times, I think Cav put himself in a bad spot too. But Sag definitely came off his line (granted no one was staying on their line). Hard to tell if elbow was malicious or just for balance (Was Cav already going down?). Didn't know I would have to put on my hockey referee experience to use watching cycling.
    I don't think either wanted to take that line but when the 2 riders in front got tangled up, I think it was Bouhanni/Greipel they had to go somewhere. After seeing it again (and again) it looked like Sagan's elbow was knocked forward by Cav as he fell.
    The Sheriff is near!

Overhead view looks bad for Sag but best view is the finish line view where Cav is as much as at fault (if not all). Looks like Sag got relegated for the stage.

Yeah, Cav was trying to make space where there was none. Could see Cav starting to lean on Sagan when he was still half a wheel behind - not smart. And that elbow came out after Cav was going down

After many, many replays I see Cav's wheel touching Segan from behind, Cav lets up on pedal stroke and Cav yells out, all BEFORE the elbow comes out.

I love Tour drama.
    Sagan is done for this year.
    crab in my shoe mouth

According Tissot results, Sagan penaltized for 80 points in Green Jersey competition. Sagan 95 -> 15 points. #TDF2017

And he's been ejected

It's the right call
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    After many, many replays I see Cav's wheel touching Segan from behind, Cav lets up on pedal stroke and Cav yells out, all BEFORE the elbow comes out.
    I saw it similarly.

Interesting replay https://streamable.com/j7gqb

Could have called fouls on two-three other riders in that sprint

2017 TDF Fantasy League (Spoiler Alert)

I can't help but feel that Sagan was only protecting his line, not intentionally throwing Cav

The elbow was just momentum of Cav falling away as Sagan is counter-balancing from Cav moving into him

[edit]just read that Greipel has been bitching about Sagan for this & other sprint skirmishes so maybe that played in to the decision too. His DS was part of the complainants requesting review.

Horse

Shit

Sprinting is chaos, punctuated by elbows. Hell, I backfisted a thug who was trying to ride me into the barrier, damned ner broke his sternum...that was many years ago, he and I survived and the nationalist discourtesies stopped. Drank beers with the guy days later..no harm.
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

This elbow bullshit is just that. First, Sagans elbow did not hit Cav. Second, Nobody at that level of competition throws elbows in a bunch sprint - even cat4 riders know that just leads to handlebar jerks & random riders on the deck. You lean on people using shoulder and head to create space.

Which is what you see Cavendish trying to do on Sagan - watch the overhead replay just as they come out of the trees

Trouble is, you gotta have your front wheel close to parallel with the guy's you're leaning on to make this work. Which Cav didn't have. And it's a dumb move to lean on the best bike handler in the peloton in that position.

And agree with AC - there's several fouls that coulda been called

Cavendish is a whiny bitch that expects everybody to get out of his way.
    Fuck him
    Officials made a dumb call.