total knee replacement -- references for surgeons in WA

Left knee TKR is inevitable due to advanced patellofemoral arthritis and OA throughout knee, likely in part the legacy of smashing my knee cap on a rock during a traverse of the Pickets in 1993.

Got a bead on two surgeons with good records and lots of experience, looking for a third opinion, preferably near Seattle area or in central WA.

Thanks

Lawrence Holland, works for OPA at Swedish in Seattle. He understands athletes needs - my buddy had a TKR in March and was skiing hard by December....

Dr James Crutcher did my friend's recent one.

10 weeks out.. you might of seen on FB that he was hiking on Rainier with us the other week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Dr James Crutcher did my friend's recent one.

10 weeks out.. you might of seen on FB that he was hiking on Rainier with us the other week.
    Lawrence Holland or Jim Crutcher are excellent, high-volume surgeons. I have worked with them both many times and I would happily have them operate on me should I need it. Fwiw, here's the Propublica analysis of surgical complications in Washington for TKR by surgeon: https://projects.propublica.org/surg...spitals/500027

Feel free to PM me with questions