Page 36 of 71 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
    And the Zers streak ends with the Rockets. While the Zers played well and it came down to the wire, I'll say this: Houston looks fucking good.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Fuck Mike Malone.

Fuuuuuuuuuuck, Curry injured his knee (opposite leg from ankle sprain)

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Fuuuuuuuuuuck, Curry injured his knee (opposite leg from ankle sprain)
    Yeah, it just doesn't feel like their year. Too much of this, all season long. Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll all find a way to be healthy in the playoffs but doesn't seem likely at this rate.

2017-2018 NBA Thread

Holy shit. If every team that had injuries was out of contention...fuck!!! "Not their year wahhhhhh"

Good thing the warriors have 4 of the top 30 players in the game overall. Durant is still a chicken shit pussy for joining a wagon. A beta.
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Holy shit. If every team that had injuries was out of contention...fuck!!! "Not their year wahhhhhh"

Good thing the warriors have 4 of the top 30 players in the game overall. Durant is still a chicken shit pussy for joining a wagon. A beta.
    Love it! Waited 40 years to see shit like this...

mo beta with a ring!

Feel free to tell me the last team to win the Finals while missing an all star caliber player...

Maybe the Warriors are stacked enough to get away with it, maybe not. Sounds like Curry will miss the beginning of the playoffs so I’m just being realistic.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Mavericks in 2011 had Dirk. That's it. Lost their second best player in December (Caron Butler). Heat the next year lost an all star for 2 playoff series and won.

Durant/Green/Thompson should be able to get by Minnesota or Utah or San Antonio (without kawhi). If they can't get to the conference finals without Curry, maybe Durant isn't a lead dog after all.
    Decisions Decisions

TRUST THE PROCESS.

yeah...another player who looks like he could contribute...fultzs shot looked ok.

Mavericks in 2011 had Dirk. That's it. Lost their second best player in December (Caron Butler). Heat the next year lost an all star for 2 playoff series and won.

Durant/Green/Thompson should be able to get by Minnesota or Utah or San Antonio (without kawhi). If they can't get to the conference finals without Curry, maybe Durant isn't a lead dog after all.
    https://www.basketball-reference.com.../DAL/2011.html

2011 Mavericks roster was actually pretty deep. And Butler was a solid player but hardly an all star at that point in his career (back in 2007 however he was).

He wasn't an all star but he was their second best player/#2 scorer. Leaving the team with...Dirk. And a bunch of (benefit of the doubt) non-scrubs.

Warriors have Durant Green and Thompson. 3 legit all stars and one of the 5 best players in the league. Durant is a fraud if he can't get them to the WCF.
    Decisions Decisions

Not finished with it yet but entertaining Simmons' podcast with KD: https://www.theringer.com/the-bill-s...podcast-part-1

KD: "Do you think you could coach in the NBA?"

Simmons: "No, I don't."

KD: "Good, cause a lot of y'all's colleagues do and they're fucking idiots."

lol...

Worth noting: because Steph has missed too many games (according to Simmons, and I agree) KD says it has to be Westbrook for the other guard spot for All NBA. Interesting.

He wasn't an all star but he was their second best player/#2 scorer. Leaving the team with...Dirk. And a bunch of (benefit of the doubt) non-scrubs.

Warriors have Durant Green and Thompson. 3 legit all stars and one of the 5 best players in the league. Durant is a fraud if he can't get them to the WCF.
    Yeah, comparing these two squads is a bit of a stretch. W's have undoubtedly one of the best, deepest teams in NBA history. To say "show me another team who loses an all star...." isn't possible because there have been very few teams in history like the current W's. I honestly can't think of one, save maybe the 95 bulls or 89 Pistons, and I don't think that even they were as loaded as the W's are.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Not sure I would call the Warriors deep this season. They were deeper in 2015 (remember "strength in numbers"?). Now they are certainly more top heavy as guys got paid more money. Nature of the business.

Some things never change, lol...

https://streamable.com/4brtp

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Not sure I would call the Warriors deep this season. They were deeper in 2015 (remember "strength in numbers"?). Now they are certainly more top heavy as guys got paid more money. Nature of the business.
    McCaw took a bad fall last night after Vince Carter misjudged a “little bump.” Not intentional but scary. Lost feeling in one leg for a time. Will need to see availability later.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    If the Jazz even makes the playoffs. Right now, even with only a dozen (give or take) games left, only the top 3 seeds are safe. The 4 seed currently (OKC) is only 2 games ahead of the 9 seed in the loss column. Crazy.
    Well the Jazz are officially in. Although it is absolutely crazy that with only a few games left they could be anywhere from a 4 to an 8 seed. The Western Conference playoffs are going to be fun! The Eastern Conference looks a little bleak.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

You're bleak!
    Decisions Decisions

You're bleak!
    Well duh!
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Hoping the Sixers take the three seed.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Thank god the regular season is almost over. They need to shorten it.

Definitely not feeling great about the Warriors heading into the post season, and I don't just mean injuries (although Curry being out certainly doesn't help matters). I guess we'll see if they can flip the switch. Really hope Houston starts talking shit again - that's exactly what they need.

And yeah, the Western Conference is DEEEEEP this season. Kind of like a few years back.