Page 24 of 71 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    So, the Celtics are looking like the real fucking deal.
    Danny Ainge is the man.
    crab in my shoe mouth

14 in a row...

Celtics D is no Joke. Jaylen Brown is no joke either.

Tatum needs to shoot more. Should be second on the team in shot attempts after Kyrie.

Jaylen Brown is the most athletic player in the league, right now.
    No joke
    crab in my shoe mouth

FKNA!

I expected Brown to make a leap this year, but he has exceeded expectations.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    FKNA!

I expected Brown to make a leap this year, but he has exceeded expectations.
    I thought Brown would replace most of what Crowder gave them, with lower lows and hopefully some higher highs. Shows what I know.

He reminds me of Shawn Marion, not so much his style but the way he moves like a shooting guard but has the physicality of a power forward. Also like Marion, he'll never be an elite scorer, but hopefully an excellent third option with A+ defense.

Good win by Celts. Held Curry and Thompson to 8/34 shooting, induced Green to shoot 11 shots (3/11), and outshot Dubs 38-19 on FTs.

So yeah, he is a dirtbag. Maybe there is an angle here, but I guess I am open to the possibilities...
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-of-2006-title
    Disgraced Former Ref Tim Donaghy Says Mavericks Were 'Screwed' out of 2006 Title

Cliff notes: Supervisor of officials hated Cuban, possibly coached refs to see certain things to extend series that Mavs were leading.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    , he'll never be an elite scorer,
    He's averaging 14.5ppg on 44% shooting, and he just turned 21. I wouldn't count him out yet.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

He's averaging 14.5ppg on 44% shooting, and he just turned 21. I wouldn't count him out yet.
    Hopefully I'm wrong again. Kid is certainly a worker. And his shot isn't broken. His handle is loose though, and he struggles to finish at the rim consistently despite his athleticism. But he certainly looked the part tonight.

TahoeJ a little delayed due to removing his lips from KD's medium hog.

Celtics prove to be a different problem for gsw time after time. Much much better perimeter defense. Not just tonight but each time it's competitive the last couple (2) years.
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    14 in a row...

Celtics D is no Joke. Jaylen Brown is no joke either.

Tatum needs to shoot more. Should be second on the team in shot attempts after Kyrie.
    Go celts! Kidnplay are killin it!
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

2017-2018 NBA Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    TahoeJ a little delayed due to removing his lips from KD's medium hog.
    No reason to behave like a childish shit head. Grow up a little.

Good game by Boston, off night for Curry. Guess they shouldn’t have taken their foot off the pedal with that 17 point lead.

I’ve been pretty complimentary of the Celtics in this thread so can’t say I’m shocked.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

2017-2018 NBA Thread

KD admits to GQ that he's a beta, and he's cool with it:

When Durant signed with the Warriors, many questioned how a team with so many leaders and basketball alphas would succeed. It turns out that part of the key is having everyone know their different leadership styles and roles.

“I came here to play basketball in the exact same way I'm playing it right now,” he said contentedly. Over the summer, he'd signed a second deal with the Warriors, for less money than he could've asked for, and the Warriors had in turn used the money he saved them to re-sign several of Durant's teammates. He was enjoying being just a member of a team, rather than the face of it. “Steph Curry is the face of the franchise, and that helps me out, because I don't have to,” he said. “I don't want to have to be the leader. I'm not a leader. I'm bad at saying, ‘Stand behind me and follow me.’ No. I'm one of those guys that's just like, ‘Let's do this shit together. Let's just work everybody together. I don't mind being on the front line with you, but let's come and do it together.’ That's my way of leadership. I'm leading by example.”

https://www.gq.com/story/kevin-duran...ing-up-profile

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    No reason to behave like a childish shit head.

i believe the exact opposite is written into the boston city charter

I'm a Celtics fan but I laughed.

Of course, I'm not from Boston, so I got that going for me.

Oh come on lighten up Francis

Good competitive game. Marcus Smart had 1 point in 30 mins and was +15?

I do think the celts match up better with the way gsw play than some other teams
    Decisions Decisions

2017-2018 NBA Thread

If you’re gonna insult me be original or funny, what you said was just fucking lame.

Funny game tonight... philly went up 24 now dubs up by 10.

15 in a row.

Kyrie and Brown combine for 57 points on 25 shots.

That Hawks team is not as bad as their record. Lots of solid players, just no star or anything close to one. Maybe they're happy to tank, but that team is better that team is much more with it than the Kings, Mavs, Bulls or Suns.

Sixers showed how good they can be when they scored 47 in 1st on Dubs. Simmons was getting into paint at will, Covington and Redick were draining everything, and Embiid forced double-teams they lead to cutters or shooters being wide open. Stay healthy!

2017-2018 NBA Thread

And down 22 at half I’m guessing Kerr must have ripped them a bit during the intermission. Came out on fire and outscored Philly in the third 47-15!

I think in the coming years there’s going to be some potentially great eastern playoff series between Boston and Philly. Maybe this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I think in the coming years there’s going to be some potentially great eastern playoff series between Boston and Philly. Maybe this year.
    Have been thinking the same. Shades of when I was a new NBA and Celtics fan in the early '80s.

thread drift

laVar Ball and trump going at it

that is so meta I need to have a smoke

^^^They deserve each other.

2017-2018 NBA Thread

Have been thinking the same. Shades of when I was a new NBA and Celtics fan in the early '80s.
    My favorite Celtics era, I loved and hated the Sixers. But they had so many stars, Doc, Moses, Maurice Cheeks and Bobby Jones, one of my all time favorite players. I love defense. Great matchup.
    crab in my shoe mouth

LaVar is Black Trump! How did I not see this before?