Page 51 of 71 FirstFirst ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1767
    Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    ^^^ So do I. I don't understand the long terms salary cap/luxury tax implication, but he's one of my all time favorites. I have a theory Smart deserves some credit for Horford's growth as a player (he's better than ever at age 31). I credit Stevens for getting Horford to shoot the 3 and asking him to defend a wider range of players. But he also plays with an edge that I don't think he had in Atlanta. Horford has a "fuck you" attitude (albeit a quiet and polite one) that I don't think we even saw last year. That, to me, is more of a Smart (or Ainge) trait than a Stevens trait.
    i'd have to agree despite not really seeing Al play much in atl. I also think the younger guys w the no fear mentality (JB, JT, TR) has prob helped as well.

Cavs had 11 open shots in game, with only 3 in the second half.
    Celtics had 20 in the second half alone.
    Lebron had only one open shot (out of 29) the entire game.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    This is more than a little contrarian, and probably not quite right, but the Warriors with Durant come close to making Curry superfluous. Curry elevates the Warriors, no doubt, but with KD playing like he did in game one it's hard to see how the Rockets stop him over the course of the series because even absent Curry there's still so much Warrior's talent.
    99% of Warriors fans who watch most of the games will tell you no way. Hell, KD himself said Curry is the leader of the team. Basketball isn't played in a vacuum - KD can't be double-teamed when Curry is on the floor because leaving him with wide open threes is certain death. And of course some of the same applies to Klay's presence as well.

Look at 2016 when the Warriors came back against OKC down 3-1. They started doubling KD every time he had the ball and forced him to pass it away... and while Westbrook did his thing and scored some points it wasn't the same threat since he can't shoot from outside (so the guy who doubled KD still had enough time to drop back to help cover the lanes inside).

Certainly KD is a great player and could win some games without Curry there - but they are nowhere close to what they are currently. And of course KD's presence helps Curry too.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Hell, KD himself said Curry is the leader of the team.
    This underscores Durant's greatness. He can either be a super chill role player or play with anger and take over a game.

I mostly agree with everything else other than comparisons with Durant era OKC because Westbrook aside, the Warriors are much better overall. If Curry became re-injured I'd still pick the Warriors over the remaining teams.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    I mostly agree with everything else other than comparisons with Durant era OKC because Westbrook aside, the Warriors are much better overall.
    Oh, for sure, I just said Westbrook in that case because he and KD were the only consistent scoring options on that OKC team - so generally speaking that's where KD would pass it when doubled up. I guess Waiters too, but he was so hot and cold. But point being, the defense knew the first place he would look to pass, which in turn made it harder for Westbrook as well.

Doesn’t Kyrie have septic arthritis? High likelihood his knee will never be the same.

http://scholar.google.com.mx/scholar...=1&oi=scholarr

Hayward is a douche and I want to hate them but the celts are super likable. You guys have a ton of assets in the pipeline as well. Good time to be a fan. Ainge crushes every trade.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."

2017-2018 NBA Thread

I haven’t kept up with the thread, but Ive talked enough shit about Lebron that I just have to say that his performance this playoffs has been spectacular. I’ve never seen him play this well AND be so clutch. Tip of the hat to the man.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Dubs got more turnovers than a bakery...

Warriors playing sloppy as hell... can’t do that against a team with the ability to hit so many threes. Wasted possessions.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

nearing halftime and the rockets have maintained a lead by playing "warrior-ball", lots of cutting and passing and increased defensive intensity. still early and the rockets are shooting far above its average and warriors are shooting under theirs; but there was no way rockets were going to win playing iso and spacing around the 3 point line.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

2017-2018 NBA Thread

Warriors can’t make a shot tonight. Not going to beat most teams tossing up bricks like that. KD showed up and that’s about it.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

PJ Tucker and E Gordon 7/10 from 3. Role players playing better for HOU and Splash Brothers quiet

Dubs just needed a split. Sloppy play is no excuse though. Rockets needed this game no doubt, but Dubs need to take care of biz at home and this one is over. Can Houston maintain this intensity? They need to.
    It's ugly and a wasted night, but things going as expected in the results column.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Dubs just needed a split. Sloppy play is no excuse though. Rockets needed this game no doubt, but Dubs need to take care of biz at home and this one is over. Can Houston maintain this intensity? They need to.
    It's ugly and a wasted night, but things going as expected in the results column.
    intensity and shooting percentage. the rockets shoot well as a spot up team, I doubt they shoot this well in Oakland.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    intensity and shooting percentage. the rockets shoot well as a spot up team, I doubt they shoot this well in Oakland.
    Harden passed the ball which allowed Gordon & Tucker to play their best playoff game ever. Ariza was in top form too.

Warriors were sloppy. Too many turnovers.

The Rockets have no answer for Durant. The double team led to fouls and KD makes his free throws.

it's cute they still let lue talk in the huddle

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    it's cute they still let lue talk in the huddle
    He is just describing what he had for lunch to keep up appearances. It's already awkward enough.

Celtics outscored the Cavs in every quarter but the first. In every quarter but the first the Celtics made a run and it looked like they were on the cusp. At least it wasn't another blowout. Before tonight these games have been like a randomized trial where one team is given Thorazine and the other a placebo.

Wasn’t able to watch game last. Igor. What are the Cavs doing to have the Celtics shoot 41%?

Is it as simple as playing Tristan Thompson more? Cavs’ D improve that much?

Celtics shot more FTs, made more 3s, made 9 fewer TOs. Scored 50 on 3s and FTs, which is pretty good. Did they just suck on 2s?

Celtics just could make a shot if their lives depended on it. So many missed layups, dunks, inside the paint jumpers. It was horrid to watch. Nothing fell for them. It was all in the Celtics.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Wasn’t able to watch game last. Igor. What are the Cavs doing to have the Celtics shoot 41%?

Is it as simple as playing Tristan Thompson more? Cavs’ D improve that much?

Celtics shot more FTs, made more 3s, made 9 fewer TOs. Scored 50 on 3s and FTs, which is pretty good. Did they just suck on 2s?
    Cs are scared of Korver's sick shot blocking. haha

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TGR Forums mobile app

i know he's been around, but 37??

This comeback by LeBron has been damn impressive. Let's be honest, they might as well just make him a player-coach at this point. That would be kind of neat to see, actually. Interesting that both teams have held serve so far at home, seems like the winner of game 5 will win the series.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    i know he's been around, but 37??
    Attachment 236727