Page 1 of 72 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 1794
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,001

    2017-2018 NBA Thread

    After 40 long years in the desert, the Warriors are NBA champs for second time in three years. Will other teams rise to stop the Dubs or will their run continue?

    As we discuss the 2017 draft and the offseason action prior to the 2017-2018 season, let's think back to last season's biggest decision, which was announced on July 4:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t1Jr4Qf_6oE

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sonoma & Truckee
    Posts
    11,071
    Posting in this very important thread. Go Dubs!

    NBA off season is already crazy...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    21,260
    supposedly, the Knicks will listen to offers for Porzingis.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sonoma & Truckee
    Posts
    11,071
    If I was a Knicks fan I'd be so pissed. Can't believe Phil Jackson hasn't been booted yet.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Agrestic
    Posts
    4,819
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    If I was a Knicks fan I'd be so pissed. Can't believe Phil Jackson hasn't been booted yet.
    Dolan will replace him with Isiah Thomas so...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    16,592
    i will enjoy if the lakers suck..even better if they take ball and he's a cancer and it craters so badly laker fans end up hating magic johnson.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    21,260
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    If I was a Knicks fan I'd be so pissed. Can't believe Phil Jackson hasn't been booted yet.
    it almost seems like Phil is trying to get fired.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sonoma & Truckee
    Posts
    11,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    it almost seems like Phil is trying to get fired.
    This is the only logical conclusion aside from early onset...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Not Philly
    Posts
    4,496
    TRUST THE PROCESS.

    I'm 100% in on Fultz-Simmons-Embid-Saric-Covington...plus another #1 next year and either the Lakers pick or Kings future first round picks.

    The Knicks should deal the Zinger. They aren't going anywhere with him and should try to get some picks for him before he leaves in two years.

    Also, WTF is with the PG13 love. He's a good player but I wouldn't give up a top 5 pick for him. No effing way. What has he done.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,001
    Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    i will enjoy if the lakers suck..even better if they take ball and he's a cancer and it craters so badly laker fans end up hating magic johnson.
    Lakers trade D'Angelo Russell and Timofey Mozgov to Nets for Brook Lopez and 27th pick.

    Lakers have #2, 27 and 28 picks? Seems like decent material to get PG13 or be players in other deals. Prolly looking to move Randle as well.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Agrestic
    Posts
    4,819

    2017-2018 NBA Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    TRUST THE PROCESS.

    I'm 100% in on Fultz-Simmons-Embid-Saric-Covington...plus another #1 next year and either the Lakers pick or Kings future first round picks.

    Also, WTF is with the PG13 love. He's a good player but I wouldn't give up a top 5 pick for him. No effing way. What has he done.
    More than Fultz-Simmons-Embid-Saric-Covington combined.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    champlain valley
    Posts
    4,743
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    supposedly, the Knicks will listen to offers for Porzingis.
    fucking wow - phil jackson has to go

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    21,260
    Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    Also, WTF is with the PG13 love. He's a good player but I wouldn't give up a top 5 pick for him. No effing way. What has he done.
    Could not disagree more. Dude is a total stud, I much prefer him to Jimmy Butler.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,001
    Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    TRUST THE PROCESS.

    I'm 100% in on Fultz-Simmons-Embid-Saric-Covington...plus another #1 next year and either the Lakers pick or Kings future first round picks.

    The Knicks should deal the Zinger. They aren't going anywhere with him and should try to get some picks for him before he leaves in two years.

    Also, WTF is with the PG13 love. He's a good player but I wouldn't give up a top 5 pick for him. No effing way. What has he done.
    PG13? He averaged about 22 ppg, 6 rpg, and 3 apg last 2 years and was good against the Cavs in the playoffs. Aside from that?....

    Zinger? I'm not sold on how he'll develop on the Knicks. Prolly will do even better on another team. But, if Knicks got rid of Phil and stopped believing in the hokey religion known as The Triangle, then maybe they'd start to get somewhere...

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    16,592
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    This is the only logical conclusion aside from early onset...
    maybe he was a laker trojan horse sent by the busses to destroy the knicks

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sonoma & Truckee
    Posts
    11,071
    Porzingas is still only 21 and learning - he's a perfect young core player to build around. This is crazy. It's not like he's 25.

    I think both PG13 and Butler are getting overrated because they're the best pieces available. Solid players for sure, but sometimes the limitations of the market can cause a loss of perspective. Kind of like what happened with Kevin Love a few years back.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ECO
    Posts
    3,983
    Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    As we discuss the 2017 draft and the offseason action prior to the 2017-2018 season, let's think back to last season's biggest decision, which was announced on July 4:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t1Jr4Qf_6oE
    How have I never seen this? I feel shame, yet joy.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    21,260
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I think both PG13 and Butler are getting overrated because they're the best pieces available. Solid players for sure, but sometimes the limitations of the market can cause a loss of perspective. Kind of like what happened with Kevin Love a few years back.
    They're in the 10-15 range, so not just a nice piece, but definitely not one of the very best players in the league.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sonoma & Truckee
    Posts
    11,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    They're in the 10-15 range, so not just a nice piece, but definitely not one of the very best players in the league.
    PG didn't even make third team all NBA. I'd say closer to 20-ish once you really start listing guys. I'd take Klay Thompson over both, for example, but in general that's about the range I have them in.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The best neighborhood in hades
    Posts
    4,574
    Go Dubs! Important thread. Y'all continue with your hopey-changey banter.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    28,888
    Go Sonics!
    .

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    16,592
    Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    so funny i hope the rest are as good.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,001
    Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    so funny i hope the rest are as good.
    SO good!

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    21,260
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    PG didn't even make third team all NBA. I'd say closer to 20-ish once you really start listing guys. I'd take Klay Thompson over both, for example, but in general that's about the range I have them in.
    Eh, I looked at all fifteen players, and I'd take PG over 3-4, without much hesitation.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

  25. #25
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sonoma & Truckee
    Posts
    11,071
    I have Butler higher than PG by a good margin, at least based on last season. He was 6th in Win shares per 48 minutes while PG didn't even crack the top 20 as the premiere player on his team. Buyer beware. He's good, but he's not that good.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •