Page 17 of 71 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Olympic Melo might be perfect for OKC. Plus they have Adams to clean up any defensive lapses resulting from Melo at the 4. Either way it'll be interesting.

Melo is WAY better than y'all are giving him credit for. As concretejungle says, Olympics Melo is a great player. Syracuse Melo was too. On offense, the stats have shown (not sure about the last couple of years in NY, but definitely before) that players have better offensive stats when he is on the floor. He's been on shitty teams (lately) and no doubt it is a question regarding how he integrates with Westbrook and PG, but if Donovan can figure it out, and Melo is motivated, y'all might be surprised.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    Boeheim would beg to differ with you
    This. What a season that was

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Melo is WAY better than y'all are giving him credit for. As concretejungle says, Olympics Melo is a great player. Syracuse Melo was too. On offense, the stats have shown (not sure about the last couple of years in NY, but definitely before) that players have better offensive stats when he is on the floor. He's been on shitty teams (lately) and no doubt it is a question regarding how he integrates with Westbrook and PG, but if Donovan can figure it out, and Melo is motivated, y'all might be surprised.
    Jury is still out IMO. Olympics Melo was indeed legit but that's kind of a different game than the NBA, in some ways. He also left Denver and the team immediately played better without him. I can see this working out really well or imploding... it depends how much he will defer to RW and PG. I think that's where the skepticism is coming from. It's going to be fun to watch either way.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Jury is still out IMO. Olympics Melo was indeed legit but that's kind of a different game than the NBA, in some ways. He also left Denver and the team immediately played better without him. I can see this working out really well or imploding... it depends how much he will defer to RW and PG. I think that's where the skepticism is coming from. It's going to be fun to watch either way.
    The drama surrounding him in Denver (of his own making, I'm not absolving him) had a hudge role in how the team played once he left.

Basically, it sounds like you agree with me, which is that it is a question mark, but if he is motivated and the coach and players integrate well, it could work. That's all I am saying, is that the guy is still an immensely talented player who at his best can still make a difference. The question is whether we will see him at his best.

And he will and should still be a focal point on offense, his presence should provide some relief on Westbrook and PG. Just so long as they use his presence to make them even more effective. My fear in this thing is that Donovan just runs isos for him instead of Russ doing everything. But if they integrate...
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Well... Donovan had Kevin Durant on the team before and was still just calling a bunch of ISO bullshit most of the time, so... let's just say I'm not expecting to see the second coming of Steve Kerr's system.

Agreed, Donovan hasn't shown a lot of offensive creativity as yet.

DWade getting buyout. Can he help anyone or is he just a name at this point?

I think Wade has value playing 12-20 minutes each night. I suspect he will be in Cleveland by week's end, since he already got paid in the buyout deal.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

I think Wade has value playing 12-20 minutes each night. I suspect he will be in Cleveland by week's end, since he already got paid in the buyout deal.
    Yep. He's still good, just not a star. And Cleveland seems likely, but maybe OKC?

OKC could certainly use the depth. Look at what's left of that roster after their big 3. Yeesh.

Adams. Roberson. Patterson. And a bag of chips?

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Olympic Melo might be perfect for OKC. Plus they have Adams to clean up any defensive lapses resulting from Melo at the 4. Either way it'll be interesting.
    all i hope for is everyone to be healthy when i see they play the sixers in december...that includes philly.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    DWade getting buyout. Can he help anyone or is he just a name at this point?
    has to be better than williams in cleveland. i say dressed in maroon by end of week too.

I should just give up watching the NBA. Its all drama. Players should not be allowed to switch teams. It's your team for life. Don't like it? Go work at Walmart. Same for the teams. Don't like your players? Make them better.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Yeah, and fire 'em if they even look sideways during the Anthem!

D Wade to Cleveland.
    I still call it The Jake.

They're getting the band back together!

I still call it The Jake.

how many games does wade actually play after injuries next year?

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    how many games does wade actually play after injuries next year?
    Well it depends if they really watch his minutes.... which based on how much LeBron played per game last year I give Wade about 2 weeks! ;-)

I do wonder if LeBron finally misses some substantial time this year if he keeps playing so much every game - it's really stupid at this point. It's also impressive, I have to say.

Well it depends if they really watch his minutes.... which based on how much LeBron played per game last year I give Wade about 2 weeks! ;-)

I do wonder if LeBron finally misses some substantial time this year if he keeps playing so much every game - it's really stupid at this point. It's also impressive, I have to say.
    If the Cavs had IT and Wade to take over games against lesser teams then I would think LeBron could rest more. But until IT comes back, then LeBron has to be the primary playmaker.

Unless Rose makes a stunning comeback, the team will be stuck running ISO or two man action when LeBron is out.

Maybe Wade and/or Rose playing PnR/ISO ball (with shooters on the weak side) for 12-15 minutes a game will work. Be interesting to see.

Will also be interesting to see if IT and Wade PnR and ISO ball will allow LeBron to rest during playoffs. Didn't work out with just Kyrie. Maybe with both IT and Wade come playoff time it will work better.

Imagine also PnR with IT as ball handler and LeBron as screener/roller. (Involuntary shudder...)

Why won't it be as easy as some people think for Dubs to repeat?

TL;DR - other teams got better, Dubs have had 3 trips to Finals in a row, and/or a key player could get hurt.

Long version:
    https://www.goldenstateofmind.com/20...son-steve-kerr

TahoeJ's favorite player re-signs with the Thunder!

On the opposite side of the spectrum:
    https://www.theringer.com/nba/2017/9...-reform-passes
    No Tanks: The NBA Passes Draft Lottery Reform

"Those organizations’ odds at getting a pick in the top three dip, as well: The bottom three teams will all have a 40 percent chance at a top-three pick, as opposed to 64 percent, 56 percent, and 47 percent, respectively, from the current model. So a team could be the absolute worst in the entire league—we’re talking last season Brooklyn Nets bad—and it will have less than a 50 percent chance at cracking the top three. The team that finishes second-worst is not even fully guaranteed to hit within the top five anymore; now there’s a 20 percent chance it does not."