Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 67 68 69 70 71 72
Results 1,776 to 1,784 of 1784
    Gonna watch 'Shut up and dribble'.

Agreed on the LeBron note - have felt that way for a while now about him off the court vs. on the court.

MJ is the greatest. No contest.

You won't see this story on ESPN.

Lebron takes all the credit and the taxpayers are left holding the bag.

The exact breakdown of expenses for the new I Promise School is unclear, since the district and the LeBron James Family Foundation are still sorting out final details of their contract. But the district will pay more than half the costs - perhaps around 75 percent - once it is fully running.
    https://www.cleveland.com/metro/inde...james_n_1.html

Damn ..... (overly) matching fund grant??

yes, let's not praise him for a project that would not have happened without his leadership, and for which he is donating upwards of $2M per year.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Finstock View Post
    You won't see this story on ESPN.

Lebron takes all the credit and the taxpayers are left holding the bag.

https://www.cleveland.com/metro/inde...james_n_1.html
    It's a regular public school, so it employs regular school district teachers. I'm sure staff is most of the operating expense.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    It's a regular public school, so it employs regular school district teachers. I'm sure staff is most of the operating expense.
    This.

One of the clearest patterns in public school in America is that if a school (or even an institution within a school) is built that benefits someone other than the dominant group in a community, some members of that dominant group will complain loudly. This complaint, which tends to be highly unreasonable, is then used as leverage for ensuring that resources continue to be used in such a way that the dominant group maintains or even increases their dominance. Historically, the only thing has even slighty undermined this process is teachers (and often the union) loudly defending whatever it is that is being built. However, if the teachers and the union extend themselves too much they get crushed. The inequitable use of resources (and segregation) has actually increased along both race and class lines since Brown v. Board of Education, leading some civil rights leaders to regret their focus of integration, wishing they had fought for equal funding instead.

Luckily Lebron is as dominant as they come. I'm sure he will shut these folks up quickly and respectfully, with a pile of cash if need be. Maybe he'll help build a good school too.

A break from the serious...Doot draws every NBA logo in sriracha on a tortilla.
    https://imgur.com/a/0iAPigy#CTUebXO