Page 70 of 71 FirstFirst ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 1767

2017-2018 NBA Thread

Huge Pops fan since my college days when he was our lame Div 3 coach. Was lucky enough have passing acquaintance in the gym with him and he's always been a class act that gets what matters

I hereby take back anything I have ever said about LeBron James. He may not be my favorite player on the court. I will acknowledge that he has his own reasons for his inconsistent play and I will no longer dis him for it. He is shining off the court. Never ever shut up and smile man. Keep talking loudly and proudly. And keep doing good work.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Amen

Word

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Huge Pops fan since my college days when he was our lame Div 3 coach. Was lucky enough have passing acquaintance in the gym with him and he's always been a class act that gets what matters
    Oh, wassup fellow alum. Did you hear about what Pop did when Cal Tech snapped their losing streak?

He took the time to meet with the lame D3 college kids while on the road with the Spurs, too. Super nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I hereby take back anything I have ever said about LeBron James. He may not be my favorite player on the court. I will acknowledge that he has his own reasons for his inconsistent play and I will no longer dis him for it. He is shining off the court. Never ever shut up and smile man. Keep talking loudly and proudly. And keep doing good work.
    Yeah, I am finding myself pulling for him for the first time ever and it feels downright weird. Can't wait for the season to start so I can go back more on the side of chastising him for ticks tack bs.
    Still makes too much money...but spending some in the right places.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Marcus Smart re-ups for 4 years/$52M. Psyched to have him back long term, and I think that contract is very fair.
    Didn't see this...we have you on record as a Marcus guy. Love it (I am too). He's a better player with the celtics than anywhere else too.

Keep shooting!!
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Yeah, I've actually felt this way for awhile, even as a Dubs fan. Dude seems like a mensh, and I don't really get the LeBron hate.

Also, agree with all the Pops props, but that really goes without saying. Hard to dislike the dude unless you're some kinda Drumf-turd.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Still makes too much money...but spending some in the right places.
    Makes too much money? He's probably the most underpaid guy in the league relative to the value he brings to his team.

But overall, I agree with all of the recent sentiment. Dude is going big with his money.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Didn't see this...we have you on record as a Marcus guy. Love it (I am too). He's a better player with the celtics than anywhere else too.

Keep shooting!!
    I am totally a Marcus guy. His only deficiency is shooting. He's a decent ball handler/floor general, runs the offense well, is a beast at D (the dude did a good job guarding LeBron!), and makes all the hustle plays. He's a guy who helps you win championships.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I am totally a Marcus guy. His only deficiency is shooting. He's a decent ball handler/floor general, runs the offense well, is a beast at D (the dude did a good job guarding LeBron!), and makes all the hustle plays. He's a guy who helps you win championships.
    I didn't like him at first. I was an idiot. He's really got some grit that the Celtics need. Of course I still miss Crowder, Jerebco, and Olynyk. Management didn't see it my way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Yeah, I've actually felt this way for awhile, even as a Dubs fan. Dude seems like a mensh, and I don't really get the LeBron hate.

Also, agree with all the Pops props, but that really goes without saying. Hard to dislike the dude unless you're some kinda Drumf-turd.
    I think The Decision was a turnoff for a lot of people due to the douche factor, but it's not like he's a wife beater or kicks puppies or anything.

i respect what i hear about that lebron does off the court, as opposed to mj, who is the best ever and a ruthless assassin but did not use his platform for anything but growing his brand as far as i recall. not unheard of. of course, lebron is as concerned as anyone about his brand given billionaire status can't be inconceivable at some point.

still hope the lakers implode. go lavar go!

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    still hope the lakers implode. go lavar go!
    I'm on the record in this thread saying I think LeBron is the GOAT, but fuck the Lakers. Hope the guy enjoys cashing some fat paychecks and coasting towards a long and fulfilling retirement with some first round playoff losses.

Fuck the Lakers. Always. Respect the hell out of LeBron, and I also think he's the GOAT, but fuck the Lakers.

but fuck the Lakers.
    Uhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh

Gonna watch 'Shut up and dribble'.

Agreed on the LeBron note - have felt that way for a while now about him off the court vs. on the court.

MJ is the greatest. No contest.

You won't see this story on ESPN.

Lebron takes all the credit and the taxpayers are left holding the bag.

The exact breakdown of expenses for the new I Promise School is unclear, since the district and the LeBron James Family Foundation are still sorting out final details of their contract. But the district will pay more than half the costs - perhaps around 75 percent - once it is fully running.
    https://www.cleveland.com/metro/inde...james_n_1.html

Damn ..... (overly) matching fund grant??

yes, let's not praise him for a project that would not have happened without his leadership, and for which he is donating upwards of $2M per year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Finstock View Post
    You won't see this story on ESPN.

Lebron takes all the credit and the taxpayers are left holding the bag.

https://www.cleveland.com/metro/inde...james_n_1.html
    It's a regular public school, so it employs regular school district teachers. I'm sure staff is most of the operating expense.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    It's a regular public school, so it employs regular school district teachers. I'm sure staff is most of the operating expense.
    This.

One of the clearest patterns in public school in America is that if a school (or even an institution within a school) is built that benefits someone other than the dominant group in a community, some members of that dominant group will complain loudly. This complaint, which tends to be highly unreasonable, is then used as leverage for ensuring that resources continue to be used in such a way that the dominant group maintains or even increases their dominance. Historically, the only thing has even slighty undermined this process is teachers (and often the union) loudly defending whatever it is that is being built. However, if the teachers and the union extend themselves too much they get crushed. The inequitable use of resources (and segregation) has actually increased along both race and class lines since Brown v. Board of Education, leading some civil rights leaders to regret their focus of integration, wishing they had fought for equal funding instead.

Luckily Lebron is as dominant as they come. I'm sure he will shut these folks up quickly and respectfully, with a pile of cash if need be. Maybe he'll help build a good school too.