Page 1 of 71 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

2017-2018 NBA Thread

After 40 long years in the desert, the Warriors are NBA champs for second time in three years. Will other teams rise to stop the Dubs or will their run continue?

As we discuss the 2017 draft and the offseason action prior to the 2017-2018 season, let's think back to last season's biggest decision, which was announced on July 4:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t1Jr4Qf_6oE

Posting in this very important thread. Go Dubs!

NBA off season is already crazy...
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

supposedly, the Knicks will listen to offers for Porzingis.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

If I was a Knicks fan I'd be so pissed. Can't believe Phil Jackson hasn't been booted yet.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    If I was a Knicks fan I'd be so pissed. Can't believe Phil Jackson hasn't been booted yet.
    Dolan will replace him with Isiah Thomas so...

i will enjoy if the lakers suck..even better if they take ball and he's a cancer and it craters so badly laker fans end up hating magic johnson.

it almost seems like Phil is trying to get fired.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    it almost seems like Phil is trying to get fired.
    This is the only logical conclusion aside from early onset...

TRUST THE PROCESS.

I'm 100% in on Fultz-Simmons-Embid-Saric-Covington...plus another #1 next year and either the Lakers pick or Kings future first round picks.

The Knicks should deal the Zinger. They aren't going anywhere with him and should try to get some picks for him before he leaves in two years.

Also, WTF is with the PG13 love. He's a good player but I wouldn't give up a top 5 pick for him. No effing way. What has he done.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    i will enjoy if the lakers suck..even better if they take ball and he's a cancer and it craters so badly laker fans end up hating magic johnson.
    Lakers trade D'Angelo Russell and Timofey Mozgov to Nets for Brook Lopez and 27th pick.

Lakers have #2, 27 and 28 picks? Seems like decent material to get PG13 or be players in other deals. Prolly looking to move Randle as well.

2017-2018 NBA Thread

Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    TRUST THE PROCESS.

I'm 100% in on Fultz-Simmons-Embid-Saric-Covington...plus another #1 next year and either the Lakers pick or Kings future first round picks.

Also, WTF is with the PG13 love. He's a good player but I wouldn't give up a top 5 pick for him. No effing way. What has he done.
    More than Fultz-Simmons-Embid-Saric-Covington combined.

supposedly, the Knicks will listen to offers for Porzingis.
    fucking wow - phil jackson has to go

Could not disagree more. Dude is a total stud, I much prefer him to Jimmy Butler.

TRUST THE PROCESS.

The Knicks should deal the Zinger. They aren't going anywhere with him and should try to get some picks for him before he leaves in two years.

PG13? He averaged about 22 ppg, 6 rpg, and 3 apg last 2 years and was good against the Cavs in the playoffs. Aside from that?....

Zinger? I'm not sold on how he'll develop on the Knicks. Prolly will do even better on another team. But, if Knicks got rid of Phil and stopped believing in the hokey religion known as The Triangle, then maybe they'd start to get somewhere...

This is the only logical conclusion aside from early onset...
    maybe he was a laker trojan horse sent by the busses to destroy the knicks

Porzingas is still only 21 and learning - he's a perfect young core player to build around. This is crazy. It's not like he's 25.

I think both PG13 and Butler are getting overrated because they're the best pieces available. Solid players for sure, but sometimes the limitations of the market can cause a loss of perspective. Kind of like what happened with Kevin Love a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    As we discuss the 2017 draft and the offseason action prior to the 2017-2018 season, let's think back to last season's biggest decision, which was announced on July 4:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t1Jr4Qf_6oE
    How have I never seen this? I feel shame, yet joy.

I think both PG13 and Butler are getting overrated because they're the best pieces available. Solid players for sure, but sometimes the limitations of the market can cause a loss of perspective. Kind of like what happened with Kevin Love a few years back.
    They're in the 10-15 range, so not just a nice piece, but definitely not one of the very best players in the league.

They're in the 10-15 range, so not just a nice piece, but definitely not one of the very best players in the league.
    PG didn't even make third team all NBA. I'd say closer to 20-ish once you really start listing guys. I'd take Klay Thompson over both, for example, but in general that's about the range I have them in.

Go Dubs! Important thread. Y'all continue with your hopey-changey banter.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    so funny i hope the rest are as good.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    so funny i hope the rest are as good.
    SO good!

PG didn't even make third team all NBA. I'd say closer to 20-ish once you really start listing guys. I'd take Klay Thompson over both, for example, but in general that's about the range I have them in.
    Eh, I looked at all fifteen players, and I'd take PG over 3-4, without much hesitation.

I have Butler higher than PG by a good margin, at least based on last season. He was 6th in Win shares per 48 minutes while PG didn't even crack the top 20 as the premiere player on his team. Buyer beware. He's good, but he's not that good.

go sixers!