Page 15 of 71 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    [Trump] He can't visit the White House, I un-invite him first! [/Trump]
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Good for Durant. What does KD have to gain being seen with Trump. Nothing. Meanwhile Trump would gain so much standing with KD and his teammates.

If I were the Cavs, I'd see about keeping Kyrie and trading LeBron. LeBron's going to go, trade him to a contender---or the Lakers where he is reportedly heading--- get something in return (Ingram, clarkson, randle, #1 picks.....) and build around Kyrie. Better than losing Kyrie this summer and LeBron next summer and having nothing but bad press and a meaningless 50 win season that ends either at the hands of Boston, Washington or the Western Conf.

Looks like Irving to Boston for IT and others may actually happen! Woj is a pretty reliable source. https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/900121788876824576

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Looks like Irving to Boston for IT and others may actually happen! Woj is a pretty reliable source. https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/900121788876824576
    would be a crazy trade if so. Not often the two top teams in a conference trade their #1 or 2 guys for each other.

IT plus Crowder plus a pick, question is what pick. As long as it's not the Nets pick or the Lakers pick I'm good.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

..... deck chairs on the Titannic.

Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    Good for Durant. What does KD have to gain being seen with Trump. Nothing. Meanwhile Trump would gain so much standing with KD and his teammates.

If I were the Cavs, I'd see about keeping Kyrie and trading LeBron. LeBron's going to go, trade him to a contender---or the Lakers where he is reportedly heading--- get something in return (Ingram, clarkson, randle, #1 picks.....) and build around Kyrie. Better than losing Kyrie this summer and LeBron next summer and having nothing but bad press and a meaningless 50 win season that ends either at the hands of Boston, Washington or the Western Conf.
    LeeeeeeBron has a no trade clause.
    I still call it The Jake.

holy shit

kyrie for IT, Crowder, Zizic, AND the Brooklyn pick? too much.

Yup. Brooklyn pick was too much.

Edit to add: Good trade for Cleveland. They may well be better next year. For the Celtics this was about getting a younger player, more than getting a better one. IT will be declining by the time their young guys are approaching their peak. Surprised they gave up the Nets' pick though.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Agree

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Yup. Brooklyn pick was too much.

Edit to add: Good trade for Cleveland. They may well be better next year. For the Celtics this was about getting a younger player, more than getting a better one. IT will be declining by the time their young guys are approaching their peak. Surprised they gave up the Nets' pick though.
    Celts just made Cavs better. Less individual egos and more depth. Celts, on the other hand....
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

I don't know. I think there are going to be a lot of very good players that would like to join Kyrie. Straight up, this trade? Maybe the Cavs got the better deal, but this probably opens a lot of doors for the Celtics in later deals. And Kyrie is away from the cancer. I think that's key at least for Kyrie having a great and happy career.

Lebron still won't be a very good shooter or be the clutch player, so there's that.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    imo, celts took a step back for now; although they still have so many high picks they may be good for years to come.

kyrie is really good but now he's going to have to be the man every night. maybe he can be but he wasn't the man when LeBron took games off. IT was the man for the celts and he knows when to turn it on, should be a big plus for cavs when LeBron isn't on the floor.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

LeeeeeBron not a clutch player? Shake yourself.

Have to say, as a fan and as much as I love Kyrie's game, this is a big win for the Cavs.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    imo, celts took a step back for now; although they still have so many high picks they may be good for years to come.

kyrie is really good but now he's going to have to be the man every night. maybe he can be but he wasn't the man when LeBron took games off. IT was the man for the celts and he knows when to turn it on, should be a big plus for cavs when LeBron isn't on the floor.
    Nailed it. Look at the numbers when LeeeeBron wasn't on the floor with Kyrie.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Nailed it. Look at the numbers when LeeeeBron wasn't on the floor with Kyrie.
    Maybe but the xfactors here are GH and the chemistry of the team. Overall will be fun to watch.
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

I think that is a pretty fair trade actually. The #1 pick in a good draft gets the Cavs a building block for when LeBron leaves next year. Boston gets a better, younger and not-recovering-from-hip-surgery version of IT in Kyrie ...and who is under control for two more years. I think flipping that 2018 pick makes sense. They still have the pick they got from the Sixers in the #3/#1 trade so still have extra assets.

I'm annoyed that for the last year I've been hearing about this guy Zizic who's in Europe but will be on the team next year and will be really good, and just like that... he was gone.

Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    I think that is a pretty fair trade actually. The #1 pick in a good draft gets the Cavs a building block for when LeBron leaves next year. Boston gets a better, younger and not-recovering-from-hip-surgery version of IT in Kyrie ...and who is under control for two more years. I think flipping that 2018 pick makes sense. They still have the pick they got from the Sixers in the #3/#1 trade so still have extra assets.
    Agreed. Danny may some more up his sleeve. Time will tell.

The one thing he will not do and what happened when he was playing was the Celts became too connected to players and held on too long. That ruined us for many years...well, that and Lenny's untimely death and then Lewis too. It was a bad streak.

It's a good trade for both teams considering their individual circumstances. But the Cavs are *not* better because of it in terms of the post season (but they are better for the regular season I suspect). As a Warriors fan I was thrilled once this trade was confirmed, that should tell you all you need to know. Kyrie isn't great at defense but he's truly scary with the ball in his hands. IT is also a very good offensive player but not the same kind of threat IMO (he's also coming off an injury, remember), and if there's another finals rematch the Warriors are going to take such advantage of him when they have the ball.

Having said that, given that the LeBron / Kyrie relationship was beyond repair, it's a great trade by Cleveland and it'll be fun to see something a little different. Boston maybe gave up a bit too much with that pick but you also have to remember that Kyrie is still only 25 years old! (he hasn't even reached his prime yet) And they still have a bunch of other picks (only so many guys can make the roster).

October 17, opening night: Cavs vs. Celtics! That's going to be a fun way to kick off the season! I think Boston is going to be really fun to watch this year. Brad Stevens is a solid coach.

Kyrie isn't great at defense but he's truly scary with the ball in his hands.
    The 3rd quarter of game 4 against the Cs this past year was all I needed to know. I have watched a lot of basketball in my life, and that was at the top of "Imma take over this game" events I have ever seen. Just insane. I love IT, he may have more heart than Kyrie and I will miss him, but he couldn't have done what Kyrie did in that quarter.

Kyrie can also create his own offense off the dribble, whereas IT typically did his scoring from off the ball with screens, etc. Kyrie + Hayward is a hell of a back court. Celtics are doing their own version of what the Warriors did (very young roster right now, with flexible players), they just need a few years to put it all together and let guys mature a bit. Could happen sooner than later. It's worth noting that 26 is the age when Curry went from great offensive player to super duper star.

Celtics WTFF??? Crowder was my favorite Celtic.

Kyrie can also create his own offense off the dribble, whereas IT typically did his scoring from off the ball with screens, etc. Kyrie + Hayward is a hell of a back court. Celtics are doing their own version of what the Warriors did (very young roster right now, with flexible players), they just need a few years to put it all together and let guys mature a bit. Could happen sooner than later. It's worth noting that 26 is the age when Curry went from great offensive player to super duper star.
    Me like this train of thought
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Celtics WTFF??? Crowder was my favorite Celtic.
    I liked him too. thought the Cs maybe gave up too much, but I.T. wanted a max contract that the Cs were just not gonna give him and Kyrie is the best player in the deal.