Page 5 of 71 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Ya, I don't see how that even works. Harden was #1 in time of possession last season. The offense goes through him. How does CP3 fit?

he doesn't

they are throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks. what is a team going to do to try and compete with the warriors?

^^ Which makes more sense than doing nothing, I figure.

If I'm the Spurs I'd be targeting Kyle Lowry. They need a ball handler - Tony Parker is getting old and has lost a step, plus who knows how he will recover from that injury. Of course, they have to find someone to take Aldridge off their hands first.

Regardless of how Paul fits, and regardless of how much one likes Beverly, they're clearly better now than they were on Monday, so hard to argue with the move.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    ^^ Which makes more sense than doing nothing, I figure.
    yep

there is a preconception that in their current configuration, the warriors are unstoppable for the next couple of years

a lot of the media thinks this will drive le bron out of cleveland

Here's a thought - LeBron has had a better career than Curry and is a better player, but one could argue that Curry has been/will be more influential to the game.

Curry has caused a seismic shift in how teams play and how they value players.

I mean, does anyone really see going back to offenses dominated by center post play and/or challenged mid-range shots? I don't.

I trust Jerry West. It's gonna be fun to watch the Clippers.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Here's a thought - LeBron has had a better career than Curry and is a better player, but one could argue that Curry has been/will be more influential to the game.

I mean, does anyone really see going back to offenses dominated by center post play and/or challenged mid-range shots? I don't.
    agreed. Lebron's a unicorn, a unique physical talent that can't be replicated. While Curry may be the greatest shooter ever and that can't be replicated, how he effects the game can be replicated.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Interesting details on how Houston made the $$ work for the Paul trade: https://theringer.com/nba-trades-cas...s-560df30b6c5e

In 3 days it won't be allowed any longer. NBA salaries and cap rules are so confusing, it's kind of an art form to pull off some of these deals.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Good point.

But I imagine at some point down the line, there will be a shift to something else. Some call it evolution, but that is up for debate at times.

Rubio to Utah for a 2018 first round pick...done. Clearing cap space for our next big splash. Rumors we are pushing hard for Kyle Lowry.

T-Wolves...instant contenders? Let's go!

Quote Originally Posted by Sluff View Post
    Rubio to Utah for a 2018 first round pick...done. Clearing cap space for our next big splash. Rumors we are pushing hard for Kyle Lowry.

T-Wolves...instant contenders? Let's go!
    Rubio is much better than Thibs ever gave him credit for, not sure why replacing him suddenly makes them contenders. Lowry, for ex, is a better scorer but is that really what they need with Butler, Wiggins, and KAT? Rubio is one of the best passers in the league and a plus defender (at worst). Granted he's a terrible shooter, but I don't see Lowry turning them into a title contender if they weren't already one.

IMO the "money ball" take on this league right now is a focus on defense and hustle (same thing, really), since there still aren't any good stats for it and you can only really assess a player defensively by watching him play. For all of the glitz and glam of the splash brothers and the Warrior's offense, it seems many are overlooking what makes them truly dominant. And the Spurs being the second best team (win wise) suggests the same. The Cavs were amazing offensively but the lack of defense was their undoing. And yet the league trade machine grinds on... seemingly focused on offense once again.

These stats try to address defense/hustle:
    http://stats.nba.com/players/hustle/...LECTIONS&dir=1

You can sort for different categories.

Jeff Teague to the Wolves.

These stats try to address defense/hustle:
    http://stats.nba.com/players/hustle/...LECTIONS&dir=1

You can sort for different categories.
    Sure. But you remember that clip with Draymond guarding literally all 5 players on a single possession during the series against Portland? There's still no stat that applies credit for that. I feel like we've reached the point where we are now beyond statistics and analytics and the eye ball test in play again. A smart team will employ team scouts to just plain watch what really happens.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Sure. But you remember that clip with Draymond guarding literally all 5 players on a single possession during the series against Portland? There's still no stat that applies credit for that. I feel like we've reached the point where we are now beyond statistics and analytics and the eye ball test in play again. A smart team will employ team scouts to just plain watch what really happens.
    Yeah, they're trying to quantify these things but it's subjective anyway. Real plus/minus, win shares, etc. so many ways to look at how players affect game

2017-2018 NBA Thread

Wizards offer John Wall super max. 4 years, $170 million. How can you turn that kind of money down? Crazy.

Paul George to OKC... lol... prepare to get frozen out for a year before heading to LA.

Paul George to OKC... lol... prepare to get frozen out for a year before heading to LA.
    Traded a lot to get him too. Idiotic IMO
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Traded a lot to get him too. Idiotic IMO
    A lot?

For a non sign and trade, yeah.

They traded peanuts for him, everyone seems stunned by the minuscule return.