Page 4 of 71 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Westbrook MVP for his historic season

Too bad these awards came so late. Would've been nice to add some stoke to playoffs
    Yeah, the after the playoffs award ceremony idea is dumb.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

melo, wade, le bron?

they will still lose - the celts might even beat them

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    melo, wade, le bron?

By the time the playoffs rolled around would Wade n Melo even be healthy?

melo would come off the bench - the guy doesn't play defence

Wade? Melo? Seriously Cleveland? Why not see if MJ will come out of retirement if you're looking for players past their prime?
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

melo, wade, le bron?

LeBron will be taking his talents to Golden State to get his next ring.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    LeBron will be taking his talents to Golden State to get his next ring.
    Maybe he should go to Milwaukee?
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Maybe he should go to Milwaukee?
    No, he only piles onto 70 win teams.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Westbrook MVP for his historic season

Too bad these awards came so late. Would've been nice to add some stoke to playoffs
    Maybe, but just reading about that awards presentation seems like a wank fest. Best dunk award? How about best technical foul?

Phil Jackson is gone!

Phil Jackson is gone!
    Well played by Porzingis skipping his exit meeting at the end of the season. Clearly sending a message and realized he had more power / value at this point. Congrats Knicks fans.

Phil was a cancer to that team.

Wolves need one more signature free agent 🤞

I'm not sure it's fair to place all the blame on Phil when Dolan is around. He has a much longer track record of incompetence. Surely there is plenty of blame to go around.

phil has been a total mindgame fuckup for the knicks, dolan or not. he and carmelo deserve each other.

CP3 to the Rockets...interesting

Chris Paul - who always gets his ass kicked by the Warriors - joining James Harden - who always gets his ass kicked by the Warriors... so they can join forces to get their asses kicked by the Warriors. Paul is very good at defense but so was Patrick Beverly (who is gone as part of the trade). They still need another piece to be a contender IMO. I'm just glad Paul didn't end up on the Spurs, as that would have been a real threat.

It's fun though to see things get mixed up and not just be a repeat of last year.

doesn't this also mean d'antoni is undoing what he did with harden this season?

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I'm not sure it's fair to place all the blame on Phil when Dolan is around. He has a much longer track record of incompetence. Surely there is plenty of blame to go around.
    Dolan is for sure incompetent, but his only mistake in the last 3 years was hiring and keeping Phil; he got out of the way and let Phil run wild. Phil deserves all the blame for the current trainwreck, IMO.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Chris Paul - who always gets his ass kicked by the Warriors - joining James Harden - who always gets his ass kicked by the Warriors... so they can join forces to get their asses kicked by the Warriors. Paul is very good at defense but so was Patrick Beverly (who is gone as part of the trade). They still need another piece to be a contender IMO. I'm just glad Paul didn't end up on the Spurs, as that would have been a real threat.

It's fun though to see things get mixed up and not just be a repeat of last year.
    I agree with all of this, the Rockets still need another big piece to be a serious threat.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    doesn't this also mean d'antoni is undoing what he did with harden this season?
    I agree with this too, it seems a weird move to me.

The Rockets figured they had to do something dramatic and roll the dice. Who knows, it could work out... if Paul stays healthy.

Meanwhile Jerry West and the Clippers appear to be clearing space and flexibility for LeBron in 2018. If anyone could get that deal done, it's West.

Chris Paul has what, 2 years at prime or close to it left? He might already be on the decline. It definitely doesn't get them that much closer to contending with GS...at least one more piece away.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    The Rockets figured they had to do something dramatic and roll the dice. Who knows, it could work out... if Paul stays healthy.

Meanwhile Jerry West and the Clippers appear to be clearing space and flexibility for LeBron in 2018. If anyone could get that deal done, it's West.
    It's all about LeBron to the Clips, man.

Rockets got better and kept CP3 from Spurs, which may be the most important part of all this Western Conference intrigue...

He must really want to play with Harden, play for D'antoni, live in Houston, something. Because his chances would have been better with the Spurs.