Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I have Butler higher than PG by a good margin, at least based on last season. He was 6th in Win shares per 48 minutes while PG didn't even crack the top 20 as the premiere player on his team. Buyer beware. He's good, but he's not that good.
    I disagree, I would take George over Butler, but I realize that I am probably the minority view here.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I disagree, I would take George over Butler, but I realize that I am probably the minority view here.
    Meh, I can see both views. I don't think either player is the game changer they're being made out to be right now.

So is Lonzo (or whomever they draft with the second pick) and Paul George and a few other decent pieces enough to bring LeBron to the Lakers in 2018? I guess they'd still have cap room for another substantial piece after unloading that Mozgov contract. Luke Walton at coach, coming from the Warriors, is probably attractive to him as well. We'll be hearing about this non-stop for the next year, LeBron will be in heaven.

I listened to a few hours of Cleveland sports talk online this morning. Holy shit is it silly season. The narrative on the national shows could not be any different than the local guys.

Gilbert knows he has one year guaranteed, nothing more and he's acting accordingly. Anything beyond that is masterbatory Stephen A/Jim Rome hot take fodder. Which as mentioned we can all expect a full year of re: LeeeeeBron.

What the national people completely forget is LBJ's son. He wants to see him play at St Vincent St Mary, his Alma Mater, in the gym named after him. That's kinda hard to do from LA.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I listened to a few hours of Cleveland sports talk online this morning. Holy shit is it silly season. The narrative on the national shows could not be any different than the local guys.

Gilbert knows he has one year guaranteed, nothing more and he's acting accordingly. Anything beyond that is masterbatory Stephen A/Jim Rome hot take fodder. Which as mentioned we can all expect a full year of re: LeeeeeBron.

What the national people completely forget is LBJ's son. He wants to see him play at St Vincent St Mary, his Alma Mater, in the gym named after him. That's kinda hard to do from LA.
    LeBron Jr. is 12 - man he got skills!
    https://www.google.com/amp/ftw.usato...ollege-nba/amp

LeBron constantly talks about "his legacy" and what "I built." He has earned his place, but it also speaks to his sense of self.

Unless Cavs upgrade a few players, it's hard to believe that LeBron would waste the last 3-4 years of his prime/early fade years just to watch his kid play in his old gym.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post

Unless Cavs upgrade a few players, it's hard to believe that LeBron would waste the last 3-4 years of his prime/early fade years just to watch his kid play in his old gym.
    And this is exactly what people outside of Akron can't fathom. His hometown means more to him than people not from there can ever know. He's starting a school like Andre Agassi's there. He's sending hundreds of kids from there to University of Akron for free. And yes, his trophies are in the case at SVSM. Reread his letter to SI when he came back.

It doesn't make sense to you or me, and if the team doesn't do well and make moves around him I'd completely understand if he leaves for greener pastures.

But this is what he means by his legacy, that people outside Northeast Ohio just don't get.

I'd put it at 50/50 he stays right now.

And this is exactly what people outside of Akron can't fathom. His hometown means more to him than people not from there can ever know. He's starting a school like Andre Agassi's there. He's sending hundreds of kids from there to University of Akron for free. And yes, his trophies are in the case at SVSM. Reread his letter to SI when he came back.

It doesn't make sense to you or me, and if the team doesn't do well and make moves around him I'd completely understand if he leaves for greener pastures.

But this is what he means by his legacy, that people outside Northeast Ohio just don't get.

I'd put it at 50/50 he stays right now.
    Well, you're right that we don't see him talking about all that. We just see him talking about his "legacy" like this:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mOr-ejdIOHM

Exactly. I think there's two LeeeeBrons and one makes for great Stephen A fodder and the other not so much.

Speaking of legacy, I have been led to believe that it is very important to LBJ. Listening to this interview on Rome today starts making something very plausible in my mind. LBJ wants to move to LA, Jerry West whom LBJ has called the "Godfather" moving to the Clips, and what would add to LBJ's legacy? Taking one of the other long suffering teams to heights they have never reached before. Sure Lakers have the history, but they have a history of success. What would show up on the radar more? Plus LBJ could help Clips get financing for their own pad I would think. That would be a legacy boost.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Sure Lakers have the history, but they have a history of success. What would show up on the radar more? .
    For sure Lebron cares. And Lakers show up more. People are more likely to discuss greatest players of greatest teams than greatest players of historically underperforming or mediocre teams.
    focus.

As long as he plans on playing for over 5 years or more. But being the savior of a terminally struggling team? Will have that portion of LA fans all to himself.

Yeah, you know lickface. #RTArmageddon

https://twitter.com/JoelEmbiid/statu...48984249667584

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I hope everyone keeps disrespecting Steph Curry's influence on the game. I want him as pissed off and dominant as he was during the 15-16 season. Be afraid, be very afraid...

See: https://www.goldenstateofmind.com/20...estbrook-davis

I hope everyone keeps disrespecting Steph Curry's influence on the game. I want him as pissed off and dominant as he was during the 15-16 season. Be afraid, be very afraid...
    How'd that season end, exactly, right at the end?

See: https://www.goldenstateofmind.com/20...estbrook-davis
    He lost me at:
    @JohnMiddlekauff Without extraordinary teammates, he would not be a top 8 player I choose to build a franchise around. But he is incredible.

Yeah, actually glad that Cleveland can live off that the next 50 years. See LeBron's thoughts: - he understands the challenge:
    https://www.google.com/amp/amp.cleve...on_jamesga.amp

OTOH, Made that old. https://www.google.com/amp/www.sfgat...means-11223385.

Point being - Curry isn't going to waste half of next season figuring it out. He's gonna try to win the MVP, again, and KD will just come along for the ride. Y'know, cuz KD isn't an alpha.

I actually enjoy watching the season. The last 3 years have been awesome. Teams have ups/downs, good health/bad health, whatever. Shit happens.

Watching this team play is a joy. Trying to take advantage of it while it's happening. Rare stuff.

You should. As any Cleveland fan can tell you, enjoy it while it lasts.

I mean, look at the Bulls after Jordan left.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    He lost me at:
    @JohnMiddlekauff Without extraordinary teammates, he would not be a top 8 player I choose to build a franchise around. But he is incredible.
    For those who didn't click the link, Dave McMenamin was responding to a tweet and wrote the above.

McMenamin writes about the Cavs and seems to have bought into LeBron's tactic of throwing shade on Curry.

LeBron wants it to be his league and didn't like it last year when everyone was fawning over Curry, with the back to back unanimous MVP, etc.

That's why LeBron always goes out of his way to cite KD and never mentions Curry. It's almost too transparent.

Curry has his own way of dealing with it. Not as macho as some are used to seeing but pretty damn effective.

2017-2018 NBA Thread

You mean when he was hurt? I don't know, LeBron still had to get his teammate suspended.

If you don't think Steph is top 5 in this league you're a fucking moron.

Honestly I'm over the delusional haters- they can say whatever and we will just keep beating them down.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

So many teams are in the process of trying to replicate the lightning in a bottle GS has created. You can literally just watch the gears turning. Maybe one of the them will get it. Maybe not. But it won't be for a lack of trying.

Steph is top 5 in the league.

LBJ
    KD
    Steph
    Kawhi
    ?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    You mean when he was hurt? I don't know, LeBron still had to get his teammate suspended.

If you don't think Steph is top 5 in this league you're a fucking moron.

Honestly I'm over the delusional haters- they can say whatever and we will just keep beating them down.
    Holy overreaction Batman!

I'll use more winky emoji next time when I'm ribbing 54.

And stop with that injured bullshit line while your'e at it. I don't ever hear anyone bring up the fact that the Cavs lost Love AND Kyrie the year before in the Finals - not some secondary players and a slightly less than great (and yes Steph is great) MVP.

Come on man, lighten up and enjoy the win

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Steph is top 5 in the league.

LBJ
    KD
    Steph
    Kawhi
    ?
    Whoever wins MVP?

Quote Originally Posted by flyman683 View Post
    Yeah, you know lickface. #RTArmageddon

https://twitter.com/JoelEmbiid/statu...48984249667584

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    the RTArmageddon is just incredible. The fact that Joel got in on it cracks me up to no end. That guy is just awesome. I can only hope that his legs hold up. He's such a gift to the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    the RTArmageddon is just incredible. The fact that Joel got in on it cracks me up to no end. That guy is just awesome. I can only hope that his legs hold up. He's such a gift to the NBA.
    My cousin lives in Philly and was cracking up about the RTArmageddon. https://www.google.com/amp/ftw.usato...elle-fultz/amp

Hope those guys can stay healthy. They're gonna be fun to watch.

Holy overreaction Batman!

I'll use more winky emoji next time when I'm ribbing 54.

And stop with that injured bullshit line while your'e at it. I don't ever hear anyone bring up the fact that the Cavs lost Love AND Kyrie the year before in the Finals - not some secondary players and a slightly less than great (and yes Steph is great) MVP.

Come on man, lighten up and enjoy the win
    Sorry man! Had a few beers in me! (and the injury line was supposed to have a wink)