Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    All I know is my wife is very glad to not be drinking Utah martinis anymore.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

What's that, water with an olive in it?
    I still call it The Jake.

Hey Dunfee...

Did you take care of the ads on the app yet? And what about the return of the tabs? Quit thinking about martinis and get crackin'!
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    While my e-persona may be that of a redneck hillperson, even I have the taste to never shake a martini.

Costco has a very nice green olive stuffed with a piece of jalapeno and garlic. My personal favorite is 2:1 Tanqueray Gin and whatever Dry Vermouth is available, with two of the aforementioned Costco olives. Most stores around here only carry "Martini" brand vermouth so if I find something else, I'll generally try it.
    Jesus, dude, sorry about your vermouth selection. Martini brand vermouth sucks ass. I could never understand why people will take an expensive gin or vodka, and then mix $7/bottle vermouth with it. Try Vya vermouth or at least Dolin, it's a world of difference.
    Outlive the bastards - Ed Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by Pegleg View Post
    Jesus, dude, sorry about your vermouth selection. Martini brand vermouth sucks ass. I could never understand why people will take an expensive gin or vodka, and then mix $7/bottle vermouth with it. Try Vya vermouth or at least Dolin, it's a world of difference.
    I know it's lame but I also could try harder if I wanted to.

Only 248 days until National Margarita Day. Also Washington's actual birthday, not the holiday. (BTW the holdiay is officially known around here as The Weekend You are Nuts to Ski at Squaw Valley).
    I'm sure there is no one around here--other then maybe a middle school student or two--who is dumb enough to make a margarita with margarita mix, but if you know someone who does it, help them.

"The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:
    "Squirrels are rats with good PR."

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    While my e-persona may be that of a redneck hillperson, even I have the taste to never shake a martini.

Costco has a very nice green olive stuffed with a piece of jalapeno and garlic. My personal favorite is 2:1 Tanqueray Gin and whatever Dry Vermouth is available, with two of the aforementioned Costco olives. Most stores around here only carry "Martini" brand vermouth so if I find something else, I'll generally try it.
    To clear a few things

5:1, Beefeater and Dolin Blanc

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    1. Vigorous shaking melts too much ice and dilutes the drink.
    2. Ice chips and cloudy drink also occur.

So yes, as in many things, details matter.
    A chinois should be standard equipment at a good cocktail bar. Only when it is desired should there be ice chips in a shaken cocktail.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Hey Dunfee...

Did you take care of the ads on the app yet? And what about the return of the tabs? Quit thinking about martinis and get crackin'!
    I don't work at the TGRz anymore. You gotta complain to Andrew in Ask TGR now. :/
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Been on a martini kick last few days after discovering we forget to get tonic. Beefeaters and Gallo dry (I know we have it for cooking) 6:1 with 3 Kirkland olives. Need to get better vermouth

Dolin is my go to. +1 on the beef and the big Costco olives.
    Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    Been on a martini kick last few days after discovering we forget to get tonic. Beefeaters and Gallo dry (I know we have it for cooking) 6:1 with 3 Kirkland olives. Need to get better vermouth