jerry-rig of the day: stabilizing crossbars on cheap canopy

11x11 cheapie, crossbars are cheap, bending with a breeze.

i jerry-rigged them with zipties and plastic hangers and tied them with ropes last summer. just thought i'd see if anybody had any brilliant cheap ideas as i modify up this summer.

i contemplated buying some collapsible tent-poles and zip tying those, which i think would keep it from completely folding under normal circumstances, but i'm not sure it will add enough strength for the cost -- because i haven't looked yet!

Pics or it didn't happen
    I think you are on the right track - but maybe something burlier like a piece of 3/4" oak or aluminum channel - just one or both?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

pvc pipe.