Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Hell ya! what a rad and a great way to celebrate kicking cancer's ass!

Try not to think about how much you'd like your skis as you hike down Looking forward to the TR!

SEND IT!!!!!!!!!!!
    ++++++++++++++++

So happy for you!

Kick that hill's ass!

Fuck yeah Tate! Fuck Cancer!
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Fantastic! Glad you are cancer free right now. Just be aware that it could come back at any time. My wife was cancer free for 8 years and it came back in her hip and other places. She was also misdiagnosed. Doc said it was arthritis. Went to different doc and he knew cancer was back without an x-ray. Stage 4 and terminal within a few years.

Climbing the Grand is one of my goals before she is gone. Jen can't climb with the bad hip, can't ever ski again either, but wants to be at base to watch. Looking forward to your trip report!

Quote Originally Posted by Millsie View Post
    Fantastic! Glad you are cancer free right now. Just be aware that it could come back at any time. My wife was cancer free for 8 years and it came back in her hip and other places. She was also misdiagnosed. Doc said it was arthritis. Went to different doc and he knew cancer was back without an x-ray. Stage 4 and terminal within a few years.

Climbing the Grand is one of my goals before she is gone. Jen can't climb with the bad hip, can't ever ski again either, but wants to be at base to watch. Looking forward to your trip report!
    Really sorry to hear this. I try to stay positive about reoccurrence, but it's definitely always in the back of my mind. A part of me wants to feel like I can cross some finish line and it will all be over, but.... well, ya know. That's not how it works.
    I guess I've had a lot of friends just disappear off the face of the earth in the blink of an eye and even though I got dealt a shitty hand, I'm still here. It sounds cliche, but I walk around most days looking at other people wondering if they get it. If they understand that none of this is a guarantee. That was my inspiration for the climb I suppose. I don't know about the long term (none of us do), but I know that I have this opportunity right now.
    I hope you get there too! Let me know if I can help.
    www.DeathCookieEntertainment.com

Sometimes fear just means that you need to push your shins into the front of your ski boots and fuckin send it!

Get after it and thrive. Fuck Cancer (in the ass) in your case

Quote Originally Posted by HotTate View Post
    Really sorry to hear this. I try to stay positive about reoccurrence, but it's definitely always in the back of my mind. A part of me wants to feel like I can cross some finish line and it will all be over, but.... well, ya know. That's not how it works.
    I guess I've had a lot of friends just disappear off the face of the earth in the blink of an eye and even though I got dealt a shitty hand, I'm still here. It sounds cliche, but I walk around most days looking at other people wondering if they get it. If they understand that none of this is a guarantee. That was my inspiration for the climb I suppose. I don't know about the long term (none of us do), but I know that I have this opportunity right now.
    I hope you get there too! Let me know if I can help.
    Most people don't get it unless they've been through it. I always say its a club you never want to join but the people are some of the greatest you will ever meet. Looking to get there Sept of 2018. Let me know if you want to go again! Maybe put together a group of survivors and care givers! That's actually a good idea!

Congratulations on kicking your own ass (cancer)!

You can pass it. Have people lost from cancer? But you have to cheer
    The most important is cotonou cancer.

^ da fuck? alias time.

anyway, bro, stoked for you. i had avoided clicking your thread bc we all see too many of these end badly. finally read through your story, and its very inspirational. good on you, keep on sending er', and good luck on your climb. Fuck cancer.

^and to the above whose wife want's to watch from the base, thats badass. sorry for the diagnosis, and hope you both get to enjoy that trip together.

update? photos?

Wrining Hands. Waiting for the TR on this. I know it will be EPIC Man, I would love to climb and board the grand.

Stoked for you. And what a way to hold the middle finger up . You need a summit pick with a "Fuck Cancer" banner

Cancer's taking another run at Tate, but as anyone who has met him, been around him, watched his vids...knows....this mag has a huge heart and a fuck-ton of people behind him. You're digging deep Tate, and we've got your back!!!

and, FUCK CANCER.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

#fuckcancer

Go Tate!
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Hang in there, Tate. Enjoyed your Mammoth video last winter.

FKNA kill that shit Tate. You got this.

Tate, so sorry to hear. I hope you caught it early and I didn't jinx you!

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    Cancer's taking another run at Tate, but as anyone who has met him, been around him, watched his vids...knows....this mag has a huge heart and a fuck-ton of people behind him. You're digging deep Tate, and we've got your back!!!

and, FUCK CANCER.
    Fuck!! This sucks to hear. Hang in there Tate. Kick its ass!
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Thinking of you, Tate. I'm looking forward to the next video.

Keep fighting. You made it to the Survivor's Club, we want to keep you as an active member. Fuck Cancer.
    If it's too loud, you're too old

Glad to hear your doing better! Great story of recovery! Can't wait to see the trip report!
    Magic Mountain Freeride Team...bringing your grom's game to the next level.

The only ski you'll ever need...http://worthskis.com/skis/the-magic/

"Errare Humanum Est"

Hey everyone!
    I've been working closely with TGR to turn this mission into a short film that hopefully raises some awareness about younger people like myself getting Colorectal Cancer. Please give it a look and share it with a friend!
    Please feel free to ask me any questions about my experience.
    Thanks,
    Tate

www.DeathCookieEntertainment.com

Sometimes fear just means that you need to push your shins into the front of your ski boots and fuckin send it!

Looking forward to seeing this! Hope you and yours are doing well.

Rad! Looks awesome.