Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 193
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Fresh Lake City
    Posts
    3,315
    Hell ya! what a rad and a great way to celebrate kicking cancer's ass!

    Try not to think about how much you'd like your skis as you hike down Looking forward to the TR!

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    tahoe
    Posts
    2,813
    SEND IT!!!!!!!!!!!
    ++++++++++++++++

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,301
    So happy for you!

    Kick that hill's ass!

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Land of Brine Shrimp and Magic Underwear
    Posts
    6,000
    Fuck yeah Tate! Fuck Cancer!
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow... flying through the air.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Drunkofmyassastan
    Posts
    605
    Fantastic! Glad you are cancer free right now. Just be aware that it could come back at any time. My wife was cancer free for 8 years and it came back in her hip and other places. She was also misdiagnosed. Doc said it was arthritis. Went to different doc and he knew cancer was back without an x-ray. Stage 4 and terminal within a few years.

    Climbing the Grand is one of my goals before she is gone. Jen can't climb with the bad hip, can't ever ski again either, but wants to be at base to watch. Looking forward to your trip report!

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Cardiff, CA
    Posts
    2,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Millsie View Post
    Fantastic! Glad you are cancer free right now. Just be aware that it could come back at any time. My wife was cancer free for 8 years and it came back in her hip and other places. She was also misdiagnosed. Doc said it was arthritis. Went to different doc and he knew cancer was back without an x-ray. Stage 4 and terminal within a few years.

    Climbing the Grand is one of my goals before she is gone. Jen can't climb with the bad hip, can't ever ski again either, but wants to be at base to watch. Looking forward to your trip report!
    Really sorry to hear this. I try to stay positive about reoccurrence, but it's definitely always in the back of my mind. A part of me wants to feel like I can cross some finish line and it will all be over, but.... well, ya know. That's not how it works.
    I guess I've had a lot of friends just disappear off the face of the earth in the blink of an eye and even though I got dealt a shitty hand, I'm still here. It sounds cliche, but I walk around most days looking at other people wondering if they get it. If they understand that none of this is a guarantee. That was my inspiration for the climb I suppose. I don't know about the long term (none of us do), but I know that I have this opportunity right now.
    I hope you get there too! Let me know if I can help.
    www.DeathCookieEntertainment.com

    Sometimes fear just means that you need to push your shins into the front of your ski boots and fuckin send it!

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    JAC
    Posts
    884
    Get after it and thrive. Fuck Cancer (in the ass) in your case

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Drunkofmyassastan
    Posts
    605
    Quote Originally Posted by HotTate View Post
    Really sorry to hear this. I try to stay positive about reoccurrence, but it's definitely always in the back of my mind. A part of me wants to feel like I can cross some finish line and it will all be over, but.... well, ya know. That's not how it works.
    I guess I've had a lot of friends just disappear off the face of the earth in the blink of an eye and even though I got dealt a shitty hand, I'm still here. It sounds cliche, but I walk around most days looking at other people wondering if they get it. If they understand that none of this is a guarantee. That was my inspiration for the climb I suppose. I don't know about the long term (none of us do), but I know that I have this opportunity right now.
    I hope you get there too! Let me know if I can help.
    Most people don't get it unless they've been through it. I always say its a club you never want to join but the people are some of the greatest you will ever meet. Looking to get there Sept of 2018. Let me know if you want to go again! Maybe put together a group of survivors and care givers! That's actually a good idea!

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5,911
    Congratulations on kicking your own ass (cancer)!

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    3
    You can pass it. Have people lost from cancer? But you have to cheer
    The most important is cotonou cancer.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    312
    ^ da fuck? alias time.

    anyway, bro, stoked for you. i had avoided clicking your thread bc we all see too many of these end badly. finally read through your story, and its very inspirational. good on you, keep on sending er', and good luck on your climb. Fuck cancer.

    ^and to the above whose wife want's to watch from the base, thats badass. sorry for the diagnosis, and hope you both get to enjoy that trip together.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Tech Bro Central
    Posts
    2,874
    update? photos?

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lakeside California
    Posts
    496
    Wrining Hands. Waiting for the TR on this. I know it will be EPIC Man, I would love to climb and board the grand.

    Stoked for you. And what a way to hold the middle finger up . You need a summit pick with a "Fuck Cancer" banner

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    crown of the continent
    Posts
    13,933
    Cancer's taking another run at Tate, but as anyone who has met him, been around him, watched his vids...knows....this mag has a huge heart and a fuck-ton of people behind him. You're digging deep Tate, and we've got your back!!!

    and, FUCK CANCER.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

    Patterson Hood of the DBT's

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,326
    #fuckcancer

    Go Tate!
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

  16. #41
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sonoma & Truckee
    Posts
    11,148
    Hang in there, Tate. Enjoyed your Mammoth video last winter.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,967
    FKNA kill that shit Tate. You got this.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Drunkofmyassastan
    Posts
    605
    Tate, so sorry to hear. I hope you caught it early and I didn't jinx you!

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    OOTAH
    Posts
    2,522
    Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    Cancer's taking another run at Tate, but as anyone who has met him, been around him, watched his vids...knows....this mag has a huge heart and a fuck-ton of people behind him. You're digging deep Tate, and we've got your back!!!

    and, FUCK CANCER.
    Fuck!! This sucks to hear. Hang in there Tate. Kick its ass!
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Tech Bro Central
    Posts
    2,874
    Thinking of you, Tate. I'm looking forward to the next video.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    741
    Keep fighting. You made it to the Survivor's Club, we want to keep you as an active member. Fuck Cancer.
    If it's too loud, you're too old

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    take a guess
    Posts
    2,178
    Glad to hear your doing better! Great story of recovery! Can't wait to see the trip report!
    Magic Mountain Freeride Team...bringing your grom's game to the next level.

    The only ski you'll ever need...http://worthskis.com/skis/the-magic/

    "Errare Humanum Est"

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Cardiff, CA
    Posts
    2,109
    Hey everyone!
    I've been working closely with TGR to turn this mission into a short film that hopefully raises some awareness about younger people like myself getting Colorectal Cancer. Please give it a look and share it with a friend!
    Please feel free to ask me any questions about my experience.
    Thanks,
    Tate

    www.DeathCookieEntertainment.com

    Sometimes fear just means that you need to push your shins into the front of your ski boots and fuckin send it!

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    5,341
    Looking forward to seeing this! Hope you and yours are doing well.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    5,873
    Rad! Looks awesome.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •