Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

McGregor v Mayweather

If Mayweather remains more than a shadow of his former self, is than any reason to believe he doesn't turn McGregor into a punching bag?
    Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.

if it is boxing only, i would expect a healthy, lucid, non-ancient mayweather to destroy mcgregor.

Agreed. Mayweather defends like usual and does enough to win. I will be watching.

The only way Mayweather wins is on points, imho. McGregor is going to try to cut Mayweather off and beat him senseless within the first eight rounds. Mac has barely got a 25 minute gas tank, you think he wants to try go the full distance? Have you ever heard McGregor predict a win on points? No, you haven't. He calls rounds. The man is a headhunter.

I hope McGregor knocks him out.

He's bigger than Mayweather. He's a lot younger. It's harder to corner a guy in the octagon. And he's used to getting punched in the face with 4oz. gloves. Mayweather fights with pillow fists. I just think Mayweather is doomed if McGregor cuts him off into a corner and goes to work on him.

Hard to imagine Mayweather being outclassed by McGregor as a pure boxer...

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    Impossible actually. McGregor is surely stronger and more aggressive and willing to get hurt more though. It's in the octagon? Is it boxing only? I haven't read a thing yet.

Yeah, but I don't think McGregor is in any way intimidated by a smaller, older guy wearing pillow fists. Mac will try to walk through the fire to trap Floyd and beat his head in. Plus, he's never demonstrated a gas tank past 25 minutes. Why would he indulge Floyd in "pure boxing"? I bet he tries to overpower him.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Impossible actually. McGregor is surely stronger and more aggressive and willing to get hurt more though. It's in the octagon? Is it boxing only? I haven't read a thing yet.
    Aug 26, 154lbs, 10oz gloves, boxing rules.

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    Aug 26, 154lbs, 10oz gloves, boxing rules.
    Thanks. So boxing rules=boxing ring too?

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    Why would he indulge Floyd in "pure boxing"? I bet he tries to overpower him.
    Aren't they fighting under ordinary boxing rules? I mean that goes a long way... I'm sure he won't be intimidated but it doesn't make him a great boxer.

fwiw I obviously prefer McGregor and hope he wins (he's absolutely hilarious) but I just think he's disadvantaged. Like if you made Body Miller do a skimo race or something... yeah he's a better GS racer, but that is not the event. Unless I am missing something.

Aren't they fighting under ordinary boxing rules? I mean that goes a long way... I'm sure he won't be intimidated but it doesn't make him a great boxer.

fwiw I obviously prefer McGregor and hope he wins (he's absolutely hilarious) but I just think he's disadvantaged. Like if you made Body Miller do a skimo race or something... yeah he's a better GS racer, but that is not the event. Unless I am missing something.
    Size, height, reach, McGregor has the edge in all of it. He cuts way down; his natural walk around weight is significantly higher than 154. He's just a bigger guy. No one has ever knocked him out and that's including 4oz gloves and kicks to the head. He's got a chin. It really looked like Diaz had him in trouble in the 3rd round of their second fight but McGregor dug deep and came back convincingly to win the 4th and 5th. Has Mayweather ever rallied like that? Doesn't he just dance around out of reach? What's the measure of that chin? Has it ever been hit with a left like McGregor's?

Mayweather will just try to keep him away and score points with jabs. He's one of the most skilled and frustrating boxers ever, a genius at pissing people off by not letting a fight break out in a boxing match.

Will it work against McGregor? I dunno. Boxing rules help Mayweather and hurt McGregor. I think Mayweather wins a decision that everyone feels like McGregor won.

mo money mo money

I'm surprised folks think this is going to be close. This is what amounts to a club fighter versus one of the greats.

McGregor is going to be lost.

For a $100 million I would love to get knocked out by Floyd.
    McGregor just made the best deal of his life, win or lose.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I think Mayweather wins a decision that everyone feels like McGregor won.
    +1

Just here to be the first to say Mayweather wins by knockout in the 4th. I don't know shit about mma or boxing. But I've still got Floyd knocking him out in the 4th.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Mayweather's looking good for a 79 year old.

The build up to this fight is gonna be incredible
    Zone Controller

White folks gonna be pissed off. They'll probably re-elect Trump after this.

McGregor v Mayweather

Here's Conor in round 2 taking shots. Ha
    https://youtu.be/U_yW8VY0kYc
    Zone Controller

And Diaz is a better boxer than Mac but amateurish compared to Mayweather. I would give the nod to Macgregor if this was mma but seriously?