Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

New England Striper Conditions?

Big big bass in cc bay and the canal this morning. Multiple 50#+, a bunch of 40+ (not me unfortunately I'm in my office but am getting out to buzz bay tomorrow am)
    Decisions Decisions

35# off mashnee this morning (canal side). Last 3 days have been insane down there
    Decisions Decisions

Canal kinda went off this morning, 20#+ average, fish everywhere, started pre-dawn. Was fishing w 4 others, at one point all 5 of us were hooked at once
    Decisions Decisions

What rig/bait are you using..?

Magic swimmers in mackerel and ghost
    Decisions Decisions

50" 40# this morning. Almost dragged me in. Not the best pic, was trying to get her released and we were bordered by a steep drop off

Epic morning with big schools of mackerel running through, best bite 5-6am but fish throughout the morning
    Decisions Decisions

So rad. Nice work.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Hit the canal for 830p - 715a today. Caught around 50 stripers. Not getting any work done today
    Decisions Decisions

Nice work! That is the same face I saw after we polished some Angels Envy this winter!

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post

50" 40# this morning. Almost dragged me in. Not the best pic, was trying to get her released and we were bordered by a steep drop off

Epic morning with big schools of mackerel running through, best bite 5-6am but fish throughout the morning
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Haha yep same face I had that whole trip, every day 16-30" of fresh
    Decisions Decisions

I heard the canal was off the fuckin wall this summer. Wish I lived in Mass… never thought I'd say that.

I had twice as many 30# fish this summer (so far) than 30" or under. Insane bite from the July new moon onward. Glass half empty, didn't fish the beaches as much as usual which kinda sucks but whatever
    Decisions Decisions

Bump! Flying back for 9 days Monday, will be in Bourne 5/27 PM through midday 5/29. Planning on heading out Monday AM early, and hopefully Tuesday too. Anyone heading out in a vessel bigger than a recreational flatwater kayak that has room for another fly rod? Heard its hot in Buzzards Bay, whats the word EC mags?
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Wow missed this. You still around? Canal somewhat slow this morning
    Decisions Decisions

How'd you make out Phall? I didn't find anything larger than 24" fishing from shore, they were sure there though.

44" this morning in the canal
    Decisions Decisions

44" this morning in the canal
    I don't suppose ya got any pics ?
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Not from today but I'll get one up soon (I hope)
    Decisions Decisions

Not from today but I'll get one up soon (I hope)
    those striper pics have inspired me to get back on it. Need an ugly stick and a few things . Even when blues are running, so fun on the cape on the water

Been a long time since I have had a bluefish on the hook. Starting to move up into Maine so I will be out drinking whiskey at sunset

Ended up coming on Cape the 27th, with a nasty cold, and the weather kept me inside until the 29th. Launched the kayak at Monument and paddled out. Didnt catch much on the N side, so changed up flies, ant began paddling and trolling towards Toby's. Caught one on the troll, and got on the sand bar off Tobys to the N and caught 6-7 decent schoolies. Tried to hit 10 but couldn't make it. Lots of kayaks and boats off the rocky channel marker to the SW of Toby's all morning, didn't risk the paddle out as the kayak I had is small and the wind was a little high. I'll PM you, Brock, before I head back out next time and hopefully we can meet up. I need to invest in a pedal kayak, seems to be the right way to do it out there. I absolutely love catching stripers on the fly rod.
    4 of the biggest of the 9 caught
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	striper1.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	311.2 KB 
ID:	237719

Name:	striper2.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	566.3 KB 
ID:	237720

Name:	striper3.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	320.8 KB 
ID:	237721

Name:	striper4.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	306.5 KB 
ID:	237722

jgb@etree Guest
    My 8yo landed a 28# 41" striper chunking bunker on the bottom in ~40' of water just off Penfield Light on Saturday AM. It hit his bait like a freight train and was just ripping line off of the spool (12lb mono). Took him about 10 mins to tire out the fish, which isn't bad considering the fish weighed almost as much as he does! I'll have to get my wife to send me her pics as I was too busy helping net the fish to get one.

He did a great job, so I let him take over cap'n duties until we got back to the harbor. Here's the shit eating grin that resulted and didn't leave his face for the rest of the day:

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    My 8yo landed a 28# 41" striper chunking bunker on the bottom in ~40' of water just off Penfield Light on Saturday AM. It hit his bait like a freight train and was just ripping line off of the spool (12lb mono). Took him about 10 mins to tire out the fish, which isn't bad considering the fish weighed almost as much as he does! I'll have to get my wife to send me her pics as I was too busy helping net the fish to get one.

He did a great job, so I let him take over cap'n duties until we got back to the harbor. Here's the shit eating grin that resulted and didn't leave his face for the rest of the day:

still waiting for those pics. after all, it's father's day weekend....ya gotta boast

Biggest one of the day yesterday went to my old man

Name:	IMG_6420.JPG 
Views:	104 
Size:	213.5 KB 
ID:	239892

Almost a keeper, might have been, we didn’t measure

Ipswich River, Ipswich MA about a mile from the mouth. Frozen chunk mackerel

^^^^^HUGE