Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Easy ski to turn at slow speeds???

Actually, almost any K2 from the past 6 years will work. They get a lot of hate on here, but I love K2 skis for trying new tricks and skiing slower, or trees/bumps.
    Last edited by aevergreene; 06-05-2017 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by creaky fossil View Post
    Technique.
    I don't have any that's the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Ski to Be View Post
    You can look at a short turn radius that most skis list. plus if you go with something with rocker that has a softer flexing tail in a slightly shorter length than you are used to for slarving around and I think you would be happy. Offering up a specific model without knowing you weight, ability and skiing style might put you in the wrong ski.
    Good point I'm 6"4 210 lbs decent skier. No racing background so my technique blows but I skied my brains out in college at Snowbird for 5 years following around pretty dang good skiers. I used to try and charge but now I'm at old man dentist and i ski a little more cautious. I still like going fast and have plenty of skis for that, I'd like something that turns easy and then I can work on becoming a better bumps skier in while hanging with the kids.

Thanks for the help

K2 Coomback, 104

Rax.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Rax😁 if you don't already know how, skiing switch and filming kids is so much fun. My boys up their game when I get they are filming on cellphone. We watch on lift. I am cruising on some of Splats rockered bro models from way back 178s ? Bottom line smaller ski, slarvy and be the photographer. Soft twin tip. See if you can keep up with them without running into people. They love when you crash. Extra points.
    Education must be the answer, we've tried ignorance and it doesn't work!

Quote Originally Posted by creaky fossil View Post
    Technique.
    This.

But the K2 and Rossi S7 suggestions aren't bad either. Another idea would be any of the Blizzard non-metal freeride skis, or even the Brahma which IMO skis short, yet doesn't lose its composure if pushed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rip'nStick View Post
    Rax�� if you don't already know how, skiing switch and filming kids is so much fun. My boys up their game when I get they are filming on cellphone. We watch on lift. I am cruising on some of Splats rockered bro models from way back 178s ? Bottom line smaller ski, slarvy and be the photographer. Soft twin tip. See if you can keep up with them without running into people. They love when you crash. Extra points.
    Totally agree with this vibe very similar experience with my liitle guys, and along these lines may I suggest the Praxis concept, you don't even need to be moving to turn them. At your height and weight, the 187 will be a breeze

Nordica Patron. Plenty of the 193's still around. Black Crows Anima. You're too big for a S7, even at slow speeds.

I been looking at this thread for a bit and thinking ... any cheap noodley shit ski
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I love how you guys call them "shit skis" when most pros are ripping around on those noodles..

Quote Originally Posted by aevergreene View Post
    I love how you guys call them "shit skis" when most pros are ripping around on those noodles..
    because most pros weigh about 145 pounds there big shoots

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I been looking at this thread for a bit and thinking ... any cheap noodley shit ski
    This thread is classic TGR overthink. It's great.

It's turned into a: "I need a ski for skiing backwards slowly on bunny runs, and sometimes in the park, but only with my kids and only on sunny days for filming. It also must look funny while crashing."
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post
    I actually found that taking the meanest stiffest skis when skiing with beginners is a great way to have fun. I try to stay behind my GF by doing a lot of small hop turns.
    218cm Volkl WC DH with Deflex and 17 din bindings works well for this.

Quote Originally Posted by aevergreene View Post
    you wana ski with beginners/intermediates on groomers using easy to turn skis just use whatever they are on which is usually any short narrow noodlely shit ski hanging up in the rental shop

pro's use these^^ really?
    Last edited by XXX-er; 06-09-2017 at 11:32 AM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know