Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Mike Hattrup Joins Fischer

I saw that he joined Fischer yesterday on his FB page. I guess it's now official.

http://pfpitches.com/fischer-sports/hattrup/

That seems like a good pairing.

Maybe he'll get more Seattle stores to carry the traverse carbons.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

He's covering CA, NV, and AZ so, not likely.

^^^ kinda funny as it also says that the new post is based in Sun Valley

^^ Well, yeah. That's because that's where he already lives and has for the past twenty years or so. He ain't leaving SV.

Well shit that makes sense. Been a fan of his since the Stump films.

Mike Hattrup Joins Fischer

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    He's covering CA, NV, and AZ so, not likely.
    Yeah, but maybe his influence will expand the brand. I hope. Right now seems only Mountain Gear in Spokane carries them. Kinda weak on that local Fischer rep.

^^ I'm sure they'd be happy to have his influence expand the brand. I don't even have any idea who the 'local' rep is for this area. I'm a Rossi guy so don't actually know too much about Fischer's line but I'm sure I'll hear more about it now.

Rumor in Ketchum is Fischer USA is in negotiations to relocate here, taking over the space Scott USA left.

Fischer skis will probably still suck.
    Glen Plake did nothing to make elan skis better, I doubt mike hattrup will do anything to improve fischer's skis.

I just want a place nearby to try on a pair of their boots.

Fischer was crushing it on the racing scene for awhile--my impression from last season is they were starting to make another run, but it's hard to tell.

Is Fischer one of the companies that was just purchased?
    [quote][//quote]

Fischer makes some fantastic touring skis and the best XC skis on the planet. Mike and Fischer are a good match.

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    Glen Plake did nothing to make elan skis better, I doubt mike hattrup will do anything to improve fischer's skis.
    Huh? Fischer makes great skis, they just lean more to the piste side than the "freeride" side of the spectrum.

He joined Fisther?

Sophie is gonna be on a snore board I bet.
    watch out for snakes

I have skied some pretty damn good skis by Fischer. I don't think you know what the hell you are talking about on that front.

Also, my Elan Lhotse skis have worked out well for spring corn and general light/skinny touring sticks. Time will tell how well they hold up I guess. What are you basing your comment on the Elan skis on?

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    I have skied some pretty damn good skis by Fischer. I don't think you know what the hell you are talking about on that front.

Also, my Elan Lhotse skis have worked out well for spring corn and general light/skinny touring sticks. Time will tell how well they hold up I guess. What are you basing your comment on the Elan skis on?
    well you're a tele skier so you obviously don't know what you are talking about

but for real, I owned some fischer wateas. I thought they were really hooky aka too much sidecut in the tip. and from working at a ski shop, I saw a bunch of fischer's come through with delam issues. Fischer always took care of the faulty skis but I wasn't impressed with their manufacturing.

and I skied a bunch of elan skis at an elan specific demo a few years back and some of those skis were literally the worst skis I've ever skied in my life and I've been skiing all my life. Their "amphibo" technology is garbage, I don't like it. But I also like to flex my ski through a turn and don't need a "4-dimensional" ski to help me initiate and get through a turn, I can hold that edge on my own.

^^^^My Fischer Wateas, both original and the final 96 version weren't hooky at all. They are more traditional in that they like carving more than a skid/smear but not hooky. Maybe it was a tuning issue. Also all the Fischers I've had(Atua, og Watea, Watea 96 and Motive 95) are some of the most durable skis I've owned.

^^^glad to hear it and glad you enjoy those skis.^^^

I had a different experience ( I owned fischer watea 84s) and we saw a lot of fischers come through the shop with manufacturing flaws. I don't need to argue over objective opinions about skis (though manufacturing flaws are pretty subjective and they warrantied the skis, which is akin to admitting guilt in said flaws). I'm glad that they have a following and that people like their skis. Personally, I'll take my money elsewhere as I can think of 5+ ski companies that I prefer over fischer and definitely elan skis.

I had a different experience ( I owned fischer watea 84s) and we saw a lot of fischers come through the shop with manufacturing flaws. I don't need to argue over objective opinions about skis (though manufacturing flaws are pretty subjective and they warrantied the skis, which is akin to admitting guilt in said flaws).
    No, it's not "akin to" any such admission. Don't talk like a lawyer when you're just a shop monkey.

I'm glad that they have a following and that people like their skis. Personally, I'll take my money elsewhere as I can think of 5+ ski companies that I prefer over fischer and definitely elan skis.
    Whoa, you must be a True Badass, I bet you find Iggys to be noodles, 'n' shit.

Must suck to have such a monstrously large ego, what size is your cranium and how do you find helmets large enough for that hydrocephalic thing you have goin' on?

Quote Originally Posted by creaky fossil View Post
    No, it's not "akin to" any such admission. Don't talk like a lawyer when you're just a shop monkey.

Whoa, you must be a True Badass, I bet you find Iggys to be noodles, 'n' shit.

Must suck to have such a monstrously large ego, what size is your cranium and how do you find helmets large enough for that hydrocephalic thing you have goin' on?
    haha okay dude. I'm sorry that i've greatly offended you and the strong cult following that fischer skis has. I also didn't realize that using an adjective like "akin" is lawyer speak. Nor did I realize that having a different opinion about skis makes me a badass. but thanks means a lot coming from such a BADASS like yourself
    Last edited by BRUTAH; 06-13-2017 at 11:11 AM.

Not only NOT a lawyer, but also NOT a psychiatrist/mental health expert.

You didn't offend ME, shop monkey. Thinking you offended ME is just, plainly, this.

You offended reality ("Fischers suck"), and the English language ("akin to" not what you said it was). The lawyer part was in you saying it was an admission of design or mfre flaw. It's no such thing. If you knew anything about the business end of big-scale mfre, you'd know that warranty replacements are a part of doing business, and sometimes it's done to keep people happy, because the mfr can absorb the replacement cost easier than the buyer and that can earn buyer fidelity. This should be a "DUH!" moment, but in your case, it's probably a revelation.

Keep projecting YOUR need to be a TGR Badass online, while remaining a shop monkey know-nothing in meatspace.

Tell ya what, though: keep posting that kind of fluffy bullshit, Jonny Smellsworst may hire you to review skis for Blister. You already have the BADASS POSE down pat!

Tell ya one more thing too: Fischers, as a rule, require someone with solid technique and subtle edge/pressure/angle management skills. It's true that if your technique sucks, you'll think Fischers "suck," but you're blaming the wrong part of the equation.
    Last edited by creaky fossil; 06-13-2017 at 11:41 AM.

i'm just here to say;

licence to thrill!

keep ripping mike!

No shit. Doubt Hattrup will have any trouble ripping on any Fischer ski.