Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by creaky fossil View Post
    Not only NOT a lawyer, but also NOT a psychiatrist/mental health expert.
    I don't think one needs to be a lawyer, psychiatrist or mental health expert to know that you have some serious issues and that you are an asshole and a bully.

but I'm glad you think you know so much about me, my work history, and my skiing background.

try not to be so easily offended and angry.
    bye now.

Tell ya one more thing too: Fischers, as a rule, require someone with solid technique and subtle edge/pressure/angle management skills.
    [rolling my eyes and doing the jerkoff hand motion so hard my arm falls off]

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    Jonny Smellsworst says, "YOU'RE HIRED!"

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    I don't think one needs to be a lawyer, psychiatrist or mental health expert to know that you have some serious issues and that you are an asshole and a bully.

but I'm glad you think you know so much about me, my work history, and my skiing background.

try not to be so easily offended and angry.
    bye now.
    How metro of you, "bye now", flapping hand, lisping all the while, mincing along the carpet like a prancing poodle.

Wonder how it feels to always insist that someone you don't know (ME, in other words) suffers from a variety of maladies. How'd you Dx them, Doc Quackter?

The only thing this little 3-part shout of yours needs now is something from LINDAHL THE UBERGOD, assuring everyone that they're not up to any task that LINDAHL THE UBERGOD handles in his sleep.

Try to pick up some comic tips from one of the old-timers here, like Irrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeee Rasta-Hog Co-Dependent, it may add a bit of well-needed spice to your 3-part shouts.

Speaking of Mike Hattrup and lawyers: Mike's father, Clint, is a fellow member of the WSBA and a fine attorney (retired now I think), a competitive bridge player and very pleasant guy. When I dealt with him 25 or so years ago, Clint spoke proudly of his two sons, Mike and Peter (professional soccer player, now coach). Clint said he never skied a day in his life.

Jonny Smellsworst says, "YOU'RE HIRED!"

How metro of you, "bye now", flapping hand, lisping all the while, mincing along the carpet like a prancing poodle.

Wonder how it feels to always insist that someone you don't know (ME, in other words) suffers from a variety of maladies. How'd you Dx them, Doc Quackter?

The only thing this little 3-part shout of yours needs now is something from LINDAHL THE UBERGOD, assuring everyone that they're not up to any task that LINDAHL THE UBERGOD handles in his sleep.

Try to pick up some comic tips from one of the old-timers here, like Irrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeee Rasta-Hog Co-Dependent, it may add a bit of well-needed spice to your 3-part shouts.
    What the fuck is your problem?
    Who are you?
    Do you think your behavior and posts on this forum are socially acceptable?
    A quick glance at your forum posts reveals that all you do on the TGR forum is go around attacking and insulting people. You don't contribute any stoke, trip reports, advice or comedy. Just blantant ad hominem insults. moreso, you are a complete hypocrite. You are sad and pathetic, and I almost feel bad for you. get a life.
    Last edited by BRUTAH; 06-13-2017 at 05:13 PM.

just got coombacks in the mail, yesterday.

looking forward to skiing them until they can't ski anymore.

calm the fuck down. or not.

at least, be zef.

well you're a tele skier so you obviously don't know what you are talking about

but for real, I owned some fischer wateas. I thought they were really hooky aka too much sidecut in the tip. and from working at a ski shop, I saw a bunch of fischer's come through with delam issues. Fischer always took care of the faulty skis but I wasn't impressed with their manufacturing.

and I skied a bunch of elan skis at an elan specific demo a few years back and some of those skis were literally the worst skis I've ever skied in my life and I've been skiing all my life. Their "amphibo" technology is garbage, I don't like it. But I also like to flex my ski through a turn and don't need a "4-dimensional" ski to help me initiate and get through a turn, I can hold that edge on my own.
    Haha, tele is right you heel-locking wanker.

Fischer has a long tradition of making really good nordic skis and I have had a few pair of those over the years. I also have been on a pair of T-stix 96 for a while now (Atua was the alpine version) that have been great skis. They are well used and full of ptex but still get the job done when I'm not on my newer setups and they don't mind hauling ass even though they aren't overly stiff.

I have never thought of Elan skis as anything special and I'm with you on the techno crap. The Lhotse isn't part of that line, more light touring focused, narrow waist, and nothing too radical, but it was cheap and seems good so far for it's intended use.

What the fuck is your problem?
    Who are you?
    Do you think your behavior and posts on this forum are socially acceptable?
    A quick glance at your forum posts reveals that all you do on the TGR forum is go around attacking and insulting people. You don't contribute any stoke, trip reports, advice or comedy. Just blantant ad hominem insults. moreso, you are a complete hypocrite. You are sad and pathetic, and I almost feel bad for you. get a life.
    I'm just a guy who knows comedy, you're just a Massengill Vinegar-Water solution pretending to be a hero online. Get a new dictionary, look up "stoke" and use the original / not slang definition, and then weep at your posts' arrogant projections! Maybe wail, keen and howl like the bain sidhe you seem to be portraying with unceltic spirit and comedic deficiency.

I've gone to fischers for my ice skates when following the kids on groomers. I find them to be noticeably faster than my Rossi's and on par with my Heads. So, for racing skis, I still think they do a good job. Their edges are not as durable as the other brands for some reason, but they just have a bit more pop for my skiing style. I haven't tried any of their all mountain skis in about 5 years. When I last tried a pair, it was the first ski in ages I didn't feel safe on. They sucked and there are too many other good options.

Ski choice is so subjective. What works for me will be vastly different than what might work for you. The Blister Gear guys destroyed a pair of skis I love. Thank god for Demos.

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    I also have been on a pair of T-stix 96 for a while now (Atua was the alpine version) that have been great skis. They are well used and full of ptex but still get the job done when I'm not on my newer setups and they don't mind hauling ass even though they aren't overly stiff.
    Those TStix 96 are one of Fischer's better skis made in the past 10 yrs, if you like straying from the hard groomed crap. Shame about the twintip's handicapping of the tail purchase, but oh well. No rocker, no rise, just camber & sidecut and a decent core. Fischers are not made for ex-NFL sized people, though, generally -- exceptions for the Alberto Tombas of the world, big dudes with exceptionally fast/fluid feet. Maybe that's why the fat, low-technical-skill Average Maggot hates them.

Their race skis are decent fun and generally not too expensive.

Above someone mentioned thin edges? I may ask why people intentionally ski on rocks. Is that "manly," or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    Ski choice is so subjective. What works for me will be vastly different than what might work for you. The Blister Gear guys destroyed a pair of skis I love. Thank god for Demos.
    Blister, the magazine of the Lift Line Poseur.

Quote Originally Posted by DIYSteve View Post
    Speaking of Mike Hattrup and lawyers: Mike's father, Clint, is a fellow member of the WSBA and a fine attorney (retired now I think), a competitive bridge player and very pleasant guy. When I dealt with him 25 or so years ago, Clint spoke proudly of his two sons, Mike and Peter (professional soccer player, now coach). Clint said he never skied a day in his life.
    WSBA = We Ski Bass-Ackwards?

Clint doesn't ski, what sports are/were Clint's home turf? Sons got the genes from someone!

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    Emphasis on this!
    Doesn't the ranger series rip? I've heard good things from pretty rad skiers who don't worry about former-racer-DPS-esque concerns like subtle edge/pressure/angle management skills.

POWER TO THE SHOP RATS!

creaky, WSBA = Washington State Bar Association. Clint claimed to me to be a non-athlete but he and his wife encouraged his sons to pursue their athletic interests. Seems to have paid off.

Quote Originally Posted by dangerdad View Post
    Doesn't the ranger series rip?
    Everyone I know with Rangers loves 'em. Beautiful skis. My wife recently got some Transalp 88s (Ranger design but quite a bit lighter) for spring/summer touring skis and she is loving them.
    Last edited by DIYSteve; 06-14-2017 at 08:46 PM.

Fischer made the Ranger 108 in a 202cm length, and got more then one old school bad ass to ski them as their every day ski because they are stiff and light. That sold me on getting a pair. My first pair of adult skis were 195 long straight Fischers, and they rocked. Good for Fischer to make a come back.

Quote Originally Posted by dangerdad View Post
    Doesn't the ranger series rip?!
    The Rangers are great skis. Light, decently solid, amazingly predictable. However their construction is terrible. 100% of the Ranger 108s and most R98s at our shop broke last year. The issue is that the sidewall, edge, diecut in the base and the edge of the curve on the top sheet all line up vertically. The entire side of the ski will separate from the core.

Thankfully, next years Ranger115 is built differently with vertical sidewalls and a Ti sheet underfoot. Hopefully that improves things and they bring it to the rest of the line. An unnamed rider on the FWQ broke every pair of his Ranger 108s but didn't break any 115s last year. Promising.

A side not, the Motive 96 from two years ago is a super rad ski and if they recreated it in a 110 width they would blow minds.

creaky fossil dreams of blowing a robot. Fischers? Never skied em. I'm only here to talk shit. Though I do have some of the fancy plastic skins they made, pretty neat tech.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    ^^^^My Fischer Wateas, both original and the final 96 version weren't hooky at all. They are more traditional in that they like carving more than a skid/smear but not hooky. Maybe it was a tuning issue. Also all the Fischers I've had(Atua, og Watea, Watea 96 and Motive 95) are some of the most durable skis I've owned.
    Agree with this. Same experience. Still have the original Atua 96 as my rock skis, and they are still decent to ski in most conditions.

They lost their way for a few years but IMO have made some strides to get back in the game with their touring skis. Any kind of new blood coming into the brand should be viewed as a positive. Hopefully Mike can add his insights into the ski development and they produce some new models or update existing skis.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Love my Hannibal 94's. Best ultralight layup I've skied except for Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Love my Hannibal 94's. Best ultralight layup I've skied except for Blizzard.
    thread drift but have you skied anything of Movement's X-series? curious about the comparison

you're just a Massengill Vinegar-Water solution
    this had me lmao and lolololol-ing..... I think that's the first time I've been called vinegar, would that be a chemical "burn" all-knowing creaky?? oh wait, that's a douche product hahaha is that your recommended brand? I'll give you this, you sure know your way around a thesaurus, but I still question your literacy as you failed to answer any of my questions. I'll be your hero anyday bub

Anyways, I should re-state my initial statement, the fischer watea 84 is the best $75 dollar ski I've ever owned!
    Name:  482377_10200877213354391_1052477207_n.jpg
Views: 825
Size:  87.3 KB
    Here's a pic of them in action. I took this photo for my favorite "shop monkey" (which i'll add that term reeks of racial undertones, but I'm not at all someone as bitter and cranky as you is a racist). Anyways, Fred, one of my favorite ski techs, mounted these for me and placed that rad sticker on em behind the binding. I've never met a ski tech I didn't like, they're a great resource and I would never belittle one. The mountain in the background is from creaky's 'hood, though I doubt he's skied it since he seems to act like he owns montana ski bowl with the way he attacks people in the SW MT thread.

I'd also like to apologize to GoldMember and the rest of the mags that had to read through this bickering and thread drift. I'm better than this bullshit, but sometimes I can't resist a good ole fashioned trolling and shit slinging contest. I'll grow up one day.

^^^ Skied the Vertex with Radical 2 Demo bindings. Meh. 10mm narrower than Hannibals at the same weight. Less stable, less energy in the tail. Sweet spot in the X Series look like the Big Fish, which I haven't skied.

Here's a pic of them in action. I took this photo for my favorite "shop monkey" (which i'll add that term reeks of racial undertones, but I'm not at all someone as bitter and cranky as you is a racist). Anyways, Fred, one of my favorite ski techs, mounted these for me and placed that rad sticker on em behind the binding. I've never met a ski tech I didn't like, they're a great resource and I would never belittle one. The mountain in the background is from creaky's 'hood, though I doubt he's skied it since he seems to act like he owns montana ski bowl with the way he attacks people in the SW MT thread.

I'd also like to apologize to GoldMember and the rest of the mags that had to read through this bickering and thread drift. I'm better than this bullshit, but sometimes I can't resist a good ole fashioned trolling and shit slinging contest. I'll grow up one day.
    You know Freddie, eh? I've got his sticker on all my skis, too. He mounts for me and I take them in now and then when I need them base-welded or structured and a good tune. He's a good guy. Side note on that; I almost bought the shop he works at two owners ago when Vince was selling. Vince really wanted me to buy it but after talking to Fred about it, my conclusion was that if Fred left and went to another shop, so does half the business. When Fred left his previous shop to go to where he's at now, Vince's shop's business about tripled. Fred has a strong following and has earned it.

^^^
    Yep, I worked part time at the Spokane Alpine Haus during the 3 years that I lived in Spokane. Fred is good people and I went out of my way to visit the shop to say hi and drink a keystone light with fred when I was in town last fall. I don't think one could call themselves a skier in the spokane area if they don't have one of those stickers on their skis, or at least know of fred.

Wow, blast from the past for sure. I lived in Spokane for a while as well. Fred helped me out. They can't hear you scream in the trees at Mt Spokane at night.
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

^^^
    Yep, I worked part time at the Spokane Alpine Haus during the 3 years that I lived in Spokane. Fred is good people and I went out of my way to visit the shop to say hi and drink a keystone light with fred when I was in town last fall. I don't think one could call themselves a skier in the spokane area if they don't have one of those stickers on their skis, or at least know of fred.
    Heh...good chance that Keystone Light was one of the bunches I've provided....along with everyone else. If nothing else, he's usually pretty well stocked on beer. And, you're welcome (if it was one I left).

I don't know if you but 'Brian Skis' here on TGR is the last former owner of the Alpine Haus. You probably do know that but, whatever. I haven't seen him on here since the shop was sold to Rachel and Drew. Probably not very interested in this anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Heh...good chance that Keystone Light was one of the bunches I've provided....along with everyone else. If nothing else, he's usually pretty well stocked on beer. And, you're welcome (if it was one I left).

I don't know if you but 'Brian Skis' here on TGR is the last former owner of the Alpine Haus. You probably do know that but, whatever. I haven't seen him on here since the shop was sold to Rachel and Drew. Probably not very interested in this anymore.
    Ya Brian was the owner during my tenure there. He still lingers around these parts but under a different username.

I probably drank your beer so thanks! haha that place was super fun to work at though I hear the current owners have slightly curtailed the drinking that use to go down