Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    That sucks sorry man.

Will hug my Golden tighter this evening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Oh, no...
    He was doing so well...
    I am so, so sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    so just had another chest x ray done, not the news i wanted. Masses in his lungs. Just devastated. Thought he would survive longer than this.
    He is slowing down a little. Dr gave him maybe a month.
    So, so sorry to hear this. You obviously already know this, but just make sure he lives out the rest of his life in style (and comfort), and enjoy every minute you have with him. it sounds like he's been lucky to have you as his owner over the last ten years.

Oh man. That is hard news. So sorry. Will give my pups an extra hug tonight in his honor.

Good steak is always a treat.

Sorry man.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

I'm really sorry, Becks seems like a real cool guy.

Extra rubs for my Newfie tonight and vibes for Becks.

Seven months is a pretty good run with this nasty disease. Glad you got good quality time with him, and can enjoy a few more weeks.

...and cancer still sucks.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Seven months is a pretty good run with this nasty disease. Glad you got good quality time with him, and can enjoy a few more weeks.

...and cancer still sucks.
    Yeah you were right on with your prognosis. I really thought he could make it longer, because he is so strong and fit.

Really sorry to drop into this page and read the above. It sucks to lose a best friend. Try not to hang onto him to long (I do that sometimes) and let him pass away at home, not in a vets office.
    Take care.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

So sorry to read this. I have a 10-year-old Chessie. Couple days ago my vet told me that he needed bilateral ACL surgery . He is my third Chesapeake so I know that I should get two or three more years with him. The recovery time is minimum of six months. For now I plan on keeping him on anti-inflammatories gycoflex and CBD oil. To me it is very difficult to put a 10-year-old dog through multiple procedures
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

He had two long seizures last night, peed everywhere and frothed at the mount. So cancer obviously spread to his brain.
    Probably out him down in next couple days.

He had two long seizures last night, peed everywhere and frothed at the mount. So cancer obviously spread to his brain.
    Sucks man. Personally i wouldn't wait another minute. I can't see my friends suffer. Hard as hell as it is to do, it's the right thing. I've had to do it far too many times in the last 1.5 years. That's the problem when you get multiple pets at the same time.

Good luck, and stay strong. This isn't ever fun.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

If he is eating and happy, give him time. There is no pain or conscious thought during seizures. What will likely be more of a problem is loss of lung function, so if he starts to struggle to breath, that may be your sign. Good luck and enjoy your final days.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    So sorry to read this. I have a 10-year-old Chessie. Couple days ago my vet told me that he needed bilateral ACL surgery . He is my third Chesapeake so I know that I should get two or three more years with him. The recovery time is minimum of six months. For now I plan on keeping him on anti-inflammatories gycoflex and CBD oil. To me it is very difficult to put a 10-year-old dog through multiple procedures
    Give rehab a chance... we have a now 13-yr old lab that had CCL surgery on his right leg a few years ago. The recovery was good, but like you said it’s six months.

Last summer we found out he blew his left CCL too and needed surgery (when he was about 12-1/2). We decided instead to do rehab and hydro therapy, and he’s doing quite well as a result. He still gets stiff occasionally, but he’s 13+ and goes on two 15-20 minute walks a day and swims in the summer. Not bad, I’d say.

Dogs have a very special and peculiar way of letting you know when it’s time. No one knows him better than you, and you know what’s best. Breaks my heart even reading this.

Regarding physical therapy and hydrotherapy specifically, I think that’s good advice. Thanks
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Sucks man. Personally i wouldn't wait another minute. I can't see my friends suffer. Hard as hell as it is to do, it's the right thing. I've had to do it far too many times in the last 1.5 years. That's the problem when you get multiple pets at the same time.

Good luck, and stay strong. This isn't ever fun.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    I'm with skidog on this. Do the right thing.

I put him down on the 29th. We got him anti seizure meds, but they did not work that well. He had two more seizures, the second one hurt his vision and he could not see. He could barely walk.
    Vet came to my house and put him down.

Just devastated. My other dog seems pretty distraught.

Here he is this summer in Hood River, before he started losing his fur.
    Name:  hood fuzzy.JPG
Views: 162
Size:  163.4 KB

Thanks for all the support.

Sorry to hear this... it's always tough to let them go.

Sounds like you did everything possible for him.

Will hug my good boy tight this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Its so hard. What a good looking dog.

Take care.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

My condolences.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I put him down on the 29th. We got him anti seizure meds, but they did not work that well. He had two more seizures, the second one hurt his vision and he could not see. He could barely walk.
    Vet came to my house and put him down.

Just devastated. My other dog seems pretty distraught.

Here he is this summer in Hood River, before he started losing his fur.
    Name:  hood fuzzy.JPG
Views: 162
Size:  163.4 KB

Thanks for all the support.
    That's rough man. Had to put down one of mine two years ago due to an intractable fungal infection and it was brutal. My vet is one of my best friends and we were on the floor with Spot crying like babies.

I’m so sorry.
    My heart is broken for you and your family.
    I too fight uphill with my cat.
    This afternoon I need to admit her to tab her chest fluid and enema.
    I don’t know how much time we have but I am doing everything I can.
    Hang in there.

Prior to leg amputation

Name:  running.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  73.2 KB

Such a handsome boy, I'm so sorry.
    Extra hugs for my two pups tonight.

Prior to leg amputation

Name:  running.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  73.2 KB
    Good lookin' boy, but if his legs never touch the ground, what does he need them for?

Sorry about your loss. Retrievers in all their forms are my favorite dog.

iscariot