Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Long Strange Trip

This Friday!

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

So damn good.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

I watched # 1 last night in spite of having come down with some sort of Bug.

Good stuff!

Some quality footage on there. Parish huffing gas is amazing. As is Jerry "trip-sitting" a spun film crew.

Dropped a quarter of a hit of fluff 15 minutes ago. Gonna watch some of this in about a half hour. Whoop-Whoop!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Good Stuff! Finished Episode 5 last night. Im guessing six is going to get a bit depressing. Im surprised they skipped some stuff. Altamont speedway incident, they didn't really cover even though there where a few clips. Nothing about the great train ride across Canada. I figured a Pigpen Janis connection would have been made.

So far they skipped how Donna and Keith exited the band an Brent came in. Maybe episode six explains, but we have moved past in the timeline.

This is the second source where I have seen Phil say things where never the same after the break in '74. Billy's book is where I think I read it the first time.

Some really cool stuff about Robert Hunter.

MORE VW's. God I miss that shit from tour. Its non existent with Dead and Co. Half my attraction to tour was the tight VW Westy club.

just finished #1 last night, love the footage of the guy given lsd in the lab. He was feelin it. good stuff. he was a bit perturbed when they clapped him out of it. ha

Long Strange Trip

Well shit! Episode 6 was sad. Made me miss it all, and wonder how it could ever have held up under the weight of itself. Jerry was portrayed with a bit of selfish asshole, never seen that before. Kinda dark, but made sense.

Saving 6 for tomorrow , the situation is the boss, no doubt words of wisdom there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    he was a bit perturbed when they clapped him out of it. ha
    That's funny as I was too. His reaction and comments were spot on.

Watched 1-5 the other night, loved it. Not even sure I want to see the last episode.
    crab in my shoe mouth

The hunter piece is brilliant.

So is the old tour manager living in his van down by the river?

And, yeah Jerry was pretty much selfish per every book written about him that I've read. He focused on the music and that's what made him so incredible I guess.

I get the sense that Jerry lived his life by the ethos - If I don't give a shit about what you do, why do you give a shit about what I do?

That can come across as selfish, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    So is the old tour manager living in his van down by the river?

And, yeah Jerry was pretty much selfish per every book written about him that I've read. He focused on the music and that's what made him so incredible I guess.
    Long time fan from 1970 through the early 80's, but when you realize Jerry was junky, this makes sense.

I get Phil's comments about it never being the same after '74.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Yeah, I base the asshole part because of how he called upon his first girlfriend to help him out of his health issues, but once he decided to be a junky again, he tossed her to the wind.

Quote Originally Posted by Labcabin View Post
    Yeah, I base the asshole part because of how he called upon his first girlfriend to help him out of his health issues, but once he decided to be a junky again, he tossed her to the wind.
    Considering she was the only of Jerry's lovers/wives to be interviewed, it should be remembered that they were only together about 4-5 months in late '92-early '93. Garcia agreed to pay her $3k/month for the next 3 years but payments were cut short by his death.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Considering she was the only of Jerry's lovers/wives to be interviewed, it should be remembered that they were only together about 4-5 months in late '92-early '93. Garcia agreed to pay her $3k/month for the next 3 years but payments were cut short by his death.
    True. Where was mountain girl?

There is a shot of Jerry and Mountain Girl in the audience at Monterey Pop. I'm tripping ballz. Ate the full dose around 5:00. Currently enjoying a glass of Pinot and a salmon cake. I have no problem eating good food whilst high as fuck. Anyhoo cranking some Stones and about to jump into this once again. See if I can get past episode 5. Although I'm going into an Exile on Main Street, wormhole as we speak. I freaking love drugs.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Long Strange Trip

The full dose is some WoW. Look it up. There is a lot of good clean fluff about.

All I want to do is trip ballz and ski bumps.
    Mid-Life Crisis? I think not. It's just who I am.
    crab in my shoe mouth

maybe me need a different kind of trip report thread.

Good call. I'm off the Stones and now I'm getting down with King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard. The most important psych-rock band since tGD. Phish is Party music to me. They bring the party like no one can. But if you want to see what the kids who like the fluff like, King Gizzard is it.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Do you like kikagaku moyo or oresund space collective? I've been getting into the psych stuff from the stoner metal side

Long Strange Trip

Links please. I am high right now.
    Nuclear Fusion

Flying Microtonal Banana is so good to my face.
    It's melting
    crab in my shoe mouth

Long Strange Trip

Rattle until you're dead.
    Mrs. Flake is at one of her nephews graduations down in DC. I'm loose as a goose right now.
    crab in my shoe mouth