Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

YEA WISCONSIN!!!!!!!!!

Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

On Wisconsin!!!!!
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Huh, my hometown, Appleton, fell from 1st to 3rd.

No huge surprise there, too bad the craft beer in that area (FRV) hasn't really taken off. They can't quite seem to figure out IPA's yet. However, if you go north to Merrill, Wisconsin stop in at Sawmill Brewing for a tasty IPA.

Also, I've always been surprised that cider's aren't very popular back there. Don't drink Cherry Wine from Door County though, man, that stuff is terrible.

Proud to have been born and raised in WI.

I'll drink to that. Cheers Green Bay.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    Proud to have been born and raised in WI.
    same here...I think we typed about this a while back, where you from?

Glad to see many others, along with myself, chose to leave the hardwood forests and dairy farms for pine trees, sage brush and jagged mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    same here...I think we typed about this a while back, where you from?

Glad to see many others, along with myself, chose to leave the hardwood forests and dairy farms for pine trees, sage brush and jagged mountains.
    I'm from the Milwaukee area. You?

I have an office back there so I feel like I can say that I contribute to the drunkenness of WI!

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    I'm from the Milwaukee area. You?

I have an office back there so I feel like I can say that I contribute to the drunkenness of WI!
    Born and raised in Appleton. Spent most of my childhood between there and Merrill, WI (north of Wausau)

Spent my college years in LaCrosse (the amount I drank in LaCrosse my freshman year alone probably also helps that number) and lived in Milwaukee for a year for my internship (Oklahoma Ave area) and ate at the frozen yogurt/burger shop (Copps?) many times.

For a Midwest state, WI fucking rocks...good mtb, fly and ice fishing, xc skiing and dive bars. Totally underrated state IMO.

My daughter graduated from UW-Madison last year, we visited a number of times and enjoyed ourselves. A couple of times we went to football games on Saturday at Camp Randall and Sunday at Lambeau, that was good times. We're going back this summer to visit some friends who have a place up in Eagle River, that should be fun. I like Wisconsin. I don't quite get the Bloody Marys with like a whole meal served with them on skewers but hey.

What non-WI city cracked the top 5 @ #4?
    Also:
    "The study also found cities with heavy drinking tend to have better-educated, higher earning and healthier populations than cities with the lowest excessive drinking rates"
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Currently living in Madison and doing my best improve our ranking.

Iceman- Bloodys are like an appetizer at most WI bars, and you have to love the sidecar (small glass of beer) that's served with.

Right I forgot about the beer that comes with it. A drink that comes with a meal, and another drink. Classic.

YEA WISCONSIN!!!!!!!!!

Um pretty sure a Wisconsinite would not describe a 5" skewer of veggies as a meal.

Now if it was a big ole knife of those mac and cheetos, and some deep fried chicken fingers, well that's a start anyway.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    My daughter graduated from UW-Madison last year, we visited a number of times and enjoyed ourselves. A couple of times we went to football games on Saturday at Camp Randall and Sunday at Lambeau, that was good times. We're going back this summer to visit some friends who have a place up in Eagle River, that should be fun. I like Wisconsin. I don't quite get the Bloody Marys with like a whole meal served with them on skewers but hey.
    It's how the sconies get their recommended 5 servings of fruits and vegetables per day

Quote Originally Posted by dtown View Post
    For a Midwest state, WI fucking rocks...good mtb, fly and ice fishing, xc skiing and dive bars. Totally underrated state IMO.
    WI also has some of the best hunting be it whitetail, black bear, waterfowl or my favorite ruffed grouse hunting in the country. The Great Lakes also offer fantastic salmon and open water trout.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post

Also, I've always been surprised that cider's aren't very popular back there. Don't drink Cherry Wine from Door County though, man, that stuff is terrible.
    You shouldn't be surprised. WI is a beer (and brandy) state and cider is generally reserved for people to don't like the taste of beer or some college kids.

I would agree about the Cherry Wine as I don't like sweet wines, but Von Stiehl Winery produces some fantastic dry reds and ice wine is very popular for some.

My freshman year college dorm roomie was 27 year old marine 'nam vet from WI who'd just had his military prison life sentence commuted and was on the lam for a pharmacy robbery in Milwaukee. Greatest dude ever.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Um pretty sure a Wisconsinite would not describe a 5" skewer of veggies as a meal.
    Dude you are going to the wrong bars. Or maybe the right ones.

Is that a jalepeno Slim Jim in there?
    I still call it The Jake.

Probably so. Google image wisconsin bloody mary and you will see that I showed you a rather mild iteration. They can be all the way off the hook and I have seen it in person.

YEA WISCONSIN!!!!!!!!!

That's hilarious!
    Edit- oh damn ice why did you erase it? I sent the link to my wife!

damn i had no idea that was a thing there. i've only been to wisconsin once and thought it was just one-off.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Probably so. Google image wisconsin bloody mary and you will see that I showed you a rather mild iteration. They can be all the way off the hook and I have seen it in person.

I have a warrant in Wisconsin. Fuvk WI
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000