Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Is it new or does the guy who owned the hill still own it?

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    New point break?
    My first thought.

Regarding ownership, it should be for the peoples.

Hard to say. Depends on the plot map description, as coastal plots could be described as "to 20' of high tide line" for an edge boundary instead of Northings and Eastings.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    You're so negative about it. What I want to know is how to I get out there and stake a claim to that newly formed 5 acres of oceanfront property?
    I think if you put the road in it's yours

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    You're so negative about it. What I want to know is how to I get out there and stake a claim to that newly formed 5 acres of oceanfront property?
    No doubt there are developers pitching this idea to potential marks, err, investors right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    No doubt there are developers pitching this idea to potential marks, err, investors right now.
    I'm absolutely certain there is a EB-5 visa holder out there looking to invest a lot of renminbi in land in the good old USA. Excellent homestead land and cattle grazing business opportunity, priced right at the value of that green card.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    That'll buff right out.

They removed 1.4 million cyds from the Feather River below Oroville Dam in a month. It'll be a big effort but totally doable.
    Maybe, but does it even make sense to cut through the slide area? Looking at the photo it seems like it might make more sense to reroute the road over the new geography.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    No, thats the other thread

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/....php?p=4938350

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Maybe, but does it even make sense to cut through the slide area? Looking at the photo it seems like it might make more sense to reroute the road over the new geography.
    That may end up being the solution. Just pointing out that moving that much debris isn't an insurmountable task by any means.

TUNNEL!!!

New point break?
    Vaya con dios, brah.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    TUNNEL!!!
    Tunnel through unstable moving soil that is prone to further landslides...

You go first.

Nah. I was thinking bigger than going through the landslide debris. A bridge would be fun, too.

Hwy 1 does this every few years. Except during 5 year droughts.

New point break?
    That was exactly what I was thinking. Access at least, once it stops moving. Might act more like a beach break at first, but something is there.

The water depth drops off pretty quickly in that zone, good chance this will all wash away and offer nothing as far as surf and coastal access go.

It will be clear before summer season likely. With the bridge out north of pt sur, Fullers will be very uncrowded if they don't get the road open before the south swells start rolling in. I have a trip planned to Plasket in July and was hoping to surf Fullers, figuring with access from the north closed, it would be uncrowded. Now I'm not sure I'll be able to access.

Good source of current info: https://bigsurkate.wordpress.com/
    picador