Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Could you please ban Saul Alinsky

...and all his aliai?
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...-Update/page56

A line has been crossed.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Is "the line" that NSFW photo, I assume? Stuff like that will be removed; report it when you see it.

That thread has prompted a few emails between the mods and myself. Given how much the members want an "unmoderated" community, we try to step back unless illegal stuff is going on.

Did you guys start this forum for ski bums to talk about random shit, or for racists like Saul or white supremacists like Damian to have a platform? You guys need to grow some balls and do what's best for your brand. Just a tiny bit of sensible moderation would go a long way.

Saul is a stage 5 stalker. whoever this coward is he knows me and my family, and posted personal info about us. It was mostly wrong and misleading, but unsettling nonetheless.

The fact that a nameless troll on here can just expose and out maggots while hiding behind a fake alias is bullshit.

I'm not sure how many different aliases this idiot has, or who he is, but I'd be interested in seeing how deep this rabbit hole goes.

PS. Check twodogs IP and see where it goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Did you guys start this forum for ski bums to talk about random shit, or for racists like Saul or white supremacists like Damian to have a platform? You guys need to grow some balls and do what's best for your brand. Just a tiny bit of sensible moderation would go a long way.
    ^ this
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    Is "the line" that NSFW photo, I assume? Stuff like that will be removed; report it when you see it.

That thread has prompted a few emails between the mods and myself. Given how much the members want an "unmoderated" community, we try to step back unless illegal stuff is going on.
    This...

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    ...and this are not necessarily incompatible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

You guys act like it's easy to decide who to ban, that there's some obvious consensus that TGR is missing.

So, first, look at the roolz thread, propose changes. Come up with a definable standard to apply. Then list who fits your standard.

I don't think it's very easy. And I doubt that everyone's lists will sync up.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Saul is a stage 5 stalker. whoever this coward is he knows me and my family, and posted personal info about us. It was mostly wrong and misleading, but unsettling nonetheless.

The fact that a nameless troll on here can just expose and out maggots while hiding behind a fake alias is bullshit.

I'm not sure how many different aliases this idiot has, or who he is, but I'd be interested in seeing how deep this rabbit hole goes.

PS. Check twodogs IP and see where it goes.
    I wanted to add that doxxing is clearly against the roolz, did you report the post(s)?

also, from what I gather, IP address is not always (or even often?) an accurate way to ID folks. But I'm just a dentist.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    also, from what I gather, IP address is not always (or even often?) an accurate way to ID folks. But I'm just a dentist.
    I once got a very angry PM from skifishbum telling me that splat had "traced" the IP address of some alias to me. He was currently involved in some kind of flame war with said alias and basically threatened to punch me in the face if he ever saw me in person again. I had been on vacation without internet access for over a week. So, no, the admins here are not cyber forensics experts.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    You guys act like it's easy to decide who to ban, that there's some obvious consensus that TGR is missing.

So, first, look at the roolz thread, propose changes. Come up with a definable standard to apply. Then list who fits your standard.

I don't think it's very easy. And I doubt that everyone's lists will sync up.
    If you are a sock puppet, you get banned. That's it.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I once got a very angry PM from skifishbum telling me that splat had "traced" the IP address of some alias to me. He was currently involved in some kind of flame war with said alias and basically threatened to punch me in the face if he ever saw me in person again. I had been on vacation without internet access for over a week. So, no, the admins here are not cyber forensics experts.
    The IP traces started out fairly reliable became but highly unreliable over time, it seems. I've wondered if someone's IP can be spoofed long term through an anonymizer or other program by someone malevolent enough to make others appear to be the offending alias. For a while, years ago, everyone's IP was showing so they would have been available for the spoof. I owe you an apology on that, Dan.

hey jer! come on out!

edit: NOT meaning you are saul, which would be a bummer, but splat's apologizing!

It would be worthwhile to have an honest and introspective "is it still worth having polyass at all?" conversation imo.

If I were in charge of TGR and this website helped pay my salary, I would dump that whole shithole and permanently ban, via whatever technical means necessary, every single poster who posts 75%+ of their posts in polyass, and anyone whose alias they are. I would then create a read-only forum called "the moron trash heap" or something, purely to shame people, and I would move political threads there when they became intolerably stupid, which is another way of saying "when they get created." Because having pictures of dead people, members threatening other members, hate speech of all kinds, and just generally a horrifically hostile political subforum dominated by the mentally unhinged simply cannot reflect well in any sense on your business - what financial or PR benefit does this convey? None.

I don't understand how anyone can think there's any mentally healthy way to argue about politics online with strangers, or that any meaningful perspective can be gleaned about someone's political views without knowing them personally, how old they are, their job/family/socio-economic status, their gender, their upbringing, and something about the way they think. And even then, it's very difficult to have productive political discourse. Think about talking politics with your family. And for us! Not only are we all largely anonymized, but most of the serial polyass posters are aliases on top of that. Utterly pointless to discuss political issues with someone you can't distinguish from a blip of text on a computer screen. Not that I haven't done it, but it's like doing tequila shots at the end of the night: occasionally tempting, always a bad decision in retrospect.

Also, we've all lived online for a while now, and everyone has posted in forums. It's 2017, nobody can honestly claim they get any happiness out of those arguments, nobody wins them, everybody loses. We've all posted online long enough to know the state of mind one is in when arguing online with strangers about politics, and despite the repeated claims of "lol I do this because it's funny to me when you guys are mad," this is total bullshit - you're addicted to it, it gets you worked up, you reply to everything and have these big drawn-out fights.... for what? This isn't even a political site, not even close. Go fight on twitter if you want to waste hours upon hours of your life deliberately making yourself angry about things you could do something about instead of actually going and doing something about them.

Edit: just now since I've posted this I've seen yet more drama with some handful-of-posts polyass troll pseudo-doxxing/threatening another poster. Angry political arguments just don't need to be permitted on every website, it increasingly leads to this sort of shit.

Put polyass on the trash heap. Just imo
    Last edited by mbillie1; 05-31-2017 at 09:33 AM. Reason: just saw the shit in tpr

i was cheering loudly until you killed it

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    Iit's like doing tequila shots at the end of the night: occasionally tempting, always a bad decision in retrospect.
    :

If you are a sock puppet, you get banned. That's it.
    serious question: how do you define a sockpuppet? I am serious, look at the roolz thread and propose changes. Your proposed change missed my next requirement, "Come up with a definable standard to apply. Then list who fits your standard."

It's not as easy as you seem to think, because what if my list is different than yours is different than ????

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    The IP traces started out fairly reliable became but highly unreliable over time, it seems. I've wondered if someone's IP can be spoofed through an anonymizer or other program. For a while, years ago, everyone's IP was showing. I owe you an apology on that, Dan.
    Semen tracing is the new IP trace.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Semen tracing is the new IP trace.
    adds new meaning to the term "sockpuppet"!

Can we get rid of non skiers or snowboarders too?
    Too many stokeless clowns that don't SKI OR SNOWBOARD.
    GTFO if you don't slay the gnar.

Seriously Gape Ape can't possibly be a skier. Buh-buy.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Second that

It would be worthwhile to have an honest and introspective "is it still worth having polyass at all?" conversation imo.

If I were in charge of TGR and this website helped pay my salary, I would dump that whole shithole and permanently ban, via whatever technical means necessary, every single poster who posts 75%+ of their posts in polyass, and anyone whose alias they are. I would then create a read-only forum called "the moron trash heap" or something, purely to shame people, and I would move political threads there when they became intolerably stupid, which is another way of saying "when they get created." Because having pictures of dead people, members threatening other members, hate speech of all kinds, and just generally a horrifically hostile political subforum dominated by the mentally unhinged simply cannot reflect well in any sense on your business - what financial or PR benefit does this convey? None.

I don't understand how anyone can think there's any mentally healthy way to argue about politics online with strangers, or that any meaningful perspective can be gleaned about someone's political views without knowing them personally, how old they are, their job/family/socio-economic status, their gender, their upbringing, and something about the way they think. And even then, it's very difficult to have productive political discourse. Think about talking politics with your family. And for us! Not only are we all largely anonymized, but most of the serial polyass posters are aliases on top of that. Utterly pointless to discuss political issues with someone you can't distinguish from a blip of text on a computer screen. Not that I haven't done it, but it's like doing tequila shots at the end of the night: occasionally tempting, always a bad decision in retrospect.

Also, we've all lived online for a while now, and everyone has posted in forums. It's 2017, nobody can honestly claim they get any happiness out of those arguments, nobody wins them, everybody loses. We've all posted online long enough to know the state of mind one is in when arguing online with strangers about politics, and despite the repeated claims of "lol I do this because it's funny to me when you guys are mad," this is total bullshit - you're addicted to it, it gets you worked up, you reply to everything and have these big drawn-out fights.... for what? This isn't even a political site, not even close. Go fight on twitter if you want to waste hours upon hours of your life deliberately making yourself angry about things you could do something about instead of actually going and doing something about them.

Edit: just now since I've posted this I've seen yet more drama with some handful-of-posts polyass troll pseudo-doxxing/threatening another poster. Angry political arguments just don't need to be permitted on every website, it increasingly leads to this sort of shit.

Put polyass on the trash heap. Just imo
    QFT

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    LOL

this is rich as fuck
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

How high was he at the time?

[giant wall 'o text]
    The poly forum was created as a means to keep these type of threads out of our bread & butter forums. I get the occasional complaint about that forum existing, and I usually tell people to stay out of that forum if it bothers them.

It only gives these guys a platform if you engage with them, right? I agree that no minds are going to be changed here.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Could be, although these types of issues tend to heat up after/before ski seasons, seemingly when there is nothing better to do.

There is more discussion going on behind the scenes on limiting access to the poly forum to deter aliases.

IP addresses change. Your office IP is different than your home IP. When your phone isn't using work or home WiFi, it also has a different IP. After a month a lot of them may change, anyway, unless you pay extra for a static. And then there's proxy servers, but most of us probably aren't using them to access TGR. Actually, they're a great way to access country restricted streaming content, especially on YouTube.
    And I think crusty sock puppets are pretty obvious.
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.