Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post

It only gives these guys a platform if you engage with them, right? I agree that no minds are going to be changed here.
    that's the same disingenuous bullshit answer as always. they are spammers, so tgr is giving them a forum regardless of whether anybody responds.

you are giving them the platform. not us. at least be honest about it.

The poly forum was created as a means to keep these type of threads out of our bread & butter forums. I get the occasional complaint about that forum existing, and I usually tell people to stay out of that forum if it bothers them.

It only gives these guys a platform if you engage with them, right? I agree that no minds are going to be changed here.

Could be, although these types of issues tend to heat up after/before ski seasons, seemingly when there is nothing better to do.

There is more discussion going on behind the scenes on limiting access to the poly forum to deter aliases.
    Just get it off the Timeline please.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    that's the same disingenuous bullshit answer as always. they are spammers, so tgr is giving them a forum regardless of whether anybody responds.

you are giving them the platform. not us. at least be honest about it.
    What do you mean "as always"? I'm not being disingenuous either - I've said in the past that we will error on the side of non-moderation. That's usually what you guys want.

Quote Originally Posted by aevergreene View Post
    This.

you are being disingenuous about who gives them a platform, as have many of the previous responses over the years.

Jeezus fucking Christ on a Cross.

You have control of your fucking fingers.

1. Don't like it, stay out.

2. Don't like someones online persona, don't reply.

It really is not Rocket Surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by tom tuttle from tacoma washington View Post
    Jeezus fucking Christ on a Cross.

You have control of your fucking fingers.

1. Don't like it, stay out.

2. Don't like someones online persona, don't reply.

It really is not Rocket Surgery.
    These two.

I don't like them so shut them up!!! Apparently fascism is alive and well in here.

What if they decide to go the other way and erase everything on climate change and LGBT rights.... you know like the Trump admin did to the WH webpage on Jan 20th.

I agree that their ideas suck. But the answer is not to silence, it's to debunk.

you are being disingenuous about who gives them a platform, as have many of the previous responses over the years.
    You guys are feeding them by engaging though. They stay here because they get a reaction.

I can start moderating that stuff, but it's a slippery slope to becoming the next Alpine Zone if that's what you want.

#makeTGRasafespace

I'm all for minimal moderation, but cmon, look at these threads and tell me it's anything but trolling, and completely obnoxious at that. https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...d.php?t=311911

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...d.php?t=311910

Just axe these idiots. Nobody will shed a tear
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

trolling is the foundation of all web forums

let them be
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

no, they stay because they can. banning trolls like dbt and candy is not a slippery slope unless you have other motives. why would you subject your "community" to thousands of provocative, rightwing, racist posts by posters who do nothing else? that is tgr catering to obvious trolls.

DBT is fine. Fuck, he's at least fakes civility. iLC was a troll and he was axed mostly because there was compelling evidence that "he" was a bot

Sanders, even though id like to slap the stupid out of him is a regular poster that spend time in other forums, mostly acting like a troll.

Fluffy, Saul and a couple others are bad and are nothing but sock puppets,
    get paid

You could easily just look for accounts which have greater than 75% (or 90% or some number) of their activity in polyass and ban those. Bot or not, if you're only posting in polyass...

100% support getting PolyAss off the Timeline in the app. You guys removed it from the "New Posts" button on web browsers, please find a way to remove it in the app.

I don't really participate over there so no opinion on the rules or lack thereof in the forum. However I can remember back far enough to when a lot of that bullshit was in the Padded Room, and PolyAss is very welcome to get that shit out of here. Threads about current events going political and turning nasty is inevitable, there will always be a need to put them someplace else. Make a post limit before people can post there if you must, get it off the main page of the app, but don't do away with it entirely.

It's funny, I'm probably one of the more ski bummy posters on here but don't post much in ski\board anymore. My life is skiing, this place has become my escape from that.
    Tgr is like a chairlift ride with old friends; Lots of shit talking and stoned, irreverent musings
    get paid

no, they stay because they can. banning trolls like dbt and candy is not a slippery slope unless you have other motives. why would you subject your "community" to thousands of provocative, rightwing, racist posts by posters who do nothing else? that is tgr catering to obvious trolls.
    Catering to the trolls would be silencing your whining. Instead it's being neutral. If you don't agree with their political views, stay out of those threads unless you feel like engaging. And if you think they are just being provocative, then ignore it!

And it's not thousands. Stop blowing things out of proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    I'm all for minimal moderation, but cmon, look at these threads and tell me it's anything but trolling, and completely obnoxious at that. https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...d.php?t=311911

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...d.php?t=311910

Just axe these idiots. Nobody will shed a tear
    Agree that it's trolling and completely obnoxious. But the question is do we ban someone for being trolling and completely obnoxious? If so, who decides what is trolling and completely obnoxious?

Could you please ban Saul Alinsky

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    It's funny, I'm probably one of the more ski bummy posters on here but don't post much in ski\board anymore. My life is skiing, this place has become my escape from that.
    Tgr is like a chairlift ride with old friends; Lots of shit talking and stoned, irreverent musings
    You are really close to a polyass troll. Not quite, but damn close. Dont fool yourself, idc how long you've been here.

Most of your posts are in there, trolling..

You trigger me all the fucken time. Trolls trigger. I would never post in poly ass if if wasnt busy getting trolled in by you and grape ape.

The Goat is probably the best skier on this forum, chump.
    Take a lap
    crab in my shoe mouth

You are really close to a polyass troll. Not quite, but damn close. Dont fool yourself, idc how long you've been here.

Most of your posts are in there, trolling..

You trigger me all the fucken time. Trolls trigger. I would never post in poly ass if if wasnt busy getting trolled in by you and grape ape.
    Stop being such a fucking pussy. Don't you have any impulse control?

Could you please ban Saul Alinsky

Im 24, so very little

Plus, I have a bullshit meter that just fucken explodes when it goes past a certain point.

Might be premature ejac?

Catering to the trolls would be silencing your whining. Instead it's being neutral. If you don't agree with their political views, stay out of those threads unless you feel like engaging. And if you think they are just being provocative, then ignore it!

And it's not thousands. Stop blowing things out of proportion.
    please. my whining is a tiny tiny fraction of any troll's posts. a number of them had many thousands of posts and started an inordinate number of threads only in polyass. i'm pretty sure if we had a graphic representation of posts per poster it would be obvious.

there are other people here who hold the same views and comment and don't spam with the intent to provoke. allowing obvious spammers is not "conversation" in a "community." it is an intended distortion using your platform.

i agree if people don't like it or can't handle it they should leave and i have from time to time. that doesn't mean these issues aren't relevant and worthy of half-assed critique.

but at least not having to weed through bullshit to look at pretty and funny diversions would be nice.