View Poll Results: Is Leavenworth Skier a (fill in the blank)?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Daring, Adventurous Soul

2 8.70%
  • Naive and Foolhardy Traveler

0 0%
  • Chronic Collector of Clapped Out Garbagemobiles

12 52.17%
  • All of the above.

9 39.13%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Sunset at Face Rock in Bandon on shrooms. Dinner at Alloro there, too. Or El Jalepeños if you're cheap.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Is Leavenworth Skier a (fill in the blank)?

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    Sunset at Face Rock in Bandon on shrooms.
    Love that spot. Never schroomed there but we make a habit outta drinking a bit eating even more (well?) and smoking oil. Stay at a spot across the street. Rad spot.

Is Leavenworth Skier a (fill in the blank)?

You should build a fire inside face rock when the tide is out. I forget if we actually did it in face rock or just one of the others, but it's rad to have a fire out there, then when the tide comes in and puts the fire out you just stagger back to shore.

More fitting for this thread, the So. Oregon beaches are considered highway. Won't do any favors for the rust bucket, but it sure is cool and pretty unique just to get to cruise down the beaches.

Also, pro windsurfers train there. Worth watching.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by AKbruin View Post
    Yeah, but a lot of the attractive women are between their mid-20's and mid-30's. I don't know where they fit between the college kids, mountain bikers, stereotypical Oregonian wiccan/hippy weirdos, and elderly antiques-and-Shakespeare connoisseurs. [ETA: But I'm not complaining.]
    shakespeare fest?

I guess I5 if you are in a hurry, but jeeze, the coast hwy is worth doing if you've never gone that way before.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Put a couple of these stickers on each side of the vehicle for your drive home:

Damn millennials, the correct statement is "gas, grass or ass " nobody ride for free.

Fuck the 101, it has dual lockers, buy a compressor and drive on the OR beaches. TSA is not impressed with quality craftsmanship of holsters in unchecked baggage.

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
    Fuck the 101, it has dual lockers, buy a compressor and drive on the OR beaches.
    I am bringing one. Only problem with the Oregon beaches is it puts me several hundred miles in the wrong direction. At this point after Bend we are planning on heading east and detouring through the Painted Hills.

TSA is not impressed with quality craftsmanship of holsters in unchecked baggage.
    I already feel naked.

I think we need to start a new poll , "HOW LONG WILL LEAVENWORTH SKIER'S NEW PROJECT SIT IN HIS NEW DRIVE WAY BEFORE IT GET'S TOUCHED ? " New house with a wife makes him a very busy boy for A LONG TIME.....

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    I think we need to start a new poll , "HOW LONG WILL LEAVENWORTH SKIER'S NEW PROJECT SIT IN HIS NEW DRIVE WAY BEFORE IT GET'S TOUCHED ? " New house with a wife makes him a very busy boy for A LONG TIME.....
    Haha, this.... is too true.

Did I tell you about my CJ2A that has needed new wiring for 3 years?

And I'm selling the 1976 CJ5, so I don't need to work on that (which ate up last weekend.)

(For record I have been making progress on the 1974 J10, albeit slowly. The house thing has been eating up a lot of time since it's a 203K rehab.)

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    Damn millennials, the correct statement is "gas, grass or ass " nobody ride for free.
    Actually it's "...nobody rides for free..."

Damn people who don't comprehend subject/verb agreement.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    Put a kid into the mix and LVNWRTH will have it in gear swap.
    I've given up trying to convince him to stabilize the vehicles and projects in preparation for the Era of Children.

He doesn't create these threads in order to solicit advice or wisdom. His mind is made. Replies are only stroking. 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    I've given up trying to convince him to stabilize the vehicles and projects in preparation for the Era of Children.
    I passed up on a 1969 Jeepster Commando with your advice in mind. It was cheap but needed work.

I'm trying to get my vehicle bucket list ticked off before the kiddos.

He doesn't create these threads in order to solicit advice or wisdom. His mind is made. Replies are only stroking. ��
    I create these threads for amusement and entertainment purposes. And sometimes I am able to glean a pearl of wisdom.

Besides, this is a preemptive trip report.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post

sorry, I'm a public school kid.......

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post

Ok, looking for advice from the collective. Anyone ever filed for a Vehicle Trip Permit?

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    Uh huh.
    Word. Do you have to have the title? Does a Washington trip permit work in California?

State dependent. No title required in the two states in which I've had them issued as prospective purchases were an intended use. Reciprocity is probably state dependent as well. I used them across state lines. Proof of insurance and a bill of sale likely required.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Ok, looking for advice from the collective. Anyone ever filed for a Vehicle Trip Permit?
    Save your money and print off a color copy of the photo below and place it where the plate goes. As long as you make it out of Kalifornia you should be good for 30 days or more with one of these back there. Seems to work for everyone else around the PNW.
    Name:  iu.jpeg
Views: 284
Size:  11.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
    Save your money and print off a color copy of the photo below and place it where the plate goes. As long as you make it out of Kalifornia you should be good for 30 days or more with one of these back there. Seems to work for everyone else around the PNW.
    Name:  iu.jpeg
Views: 284
Size:  11.4 KB
    haha, glorious.

Poser
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

i could see DD slangin fake ID's

You got intel on document services ?
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000