dewalt 60v cordless tools

So who has them, used them, or has buddies or workmates with them?

Im about to drop a buncha coin on some of these tools. Circular saw, table saw and chopsaw, impact, and cant find any reviews or real world feedback on them.
    So like we always do ... ask tgr and get flamed !!!

I already have dewalt 20v tools but need more power.
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

60 volt???? Did u say SIXTY volt???? Holy hell! Must have hella torque! I was amazed how torquey and nice my 20v drill is....I've always been a corded tool kind of guy, hooked up to a 5 or 10k genny when needed away from lines and have only just lately gotten into cordless and am kicking myself for taking so long.

But 60 freaking volts???? How long does the power pack last, say for a 60v Sawsall in standard demolition mode (16 penny nails, sheetrock, usual crap)?

https://www.protoolreviews.com/tools...hnology/24441/

Grain of salt.

There are some tools that I prefer in corded power. Table Saw, Drill Press. But damn, 60V is a lot of power.

Have you considered Harbor Freight for your chopsaw needs?
    I still call it The Jake.

Cordless table saw? What? I can understand the desire for cordless versions of hand tools, but what in the hell is the rational behind this?

Holy shit. Those 9 amp-hr 20/60v max batteries run $200 a pop. For the price of your first battery pack replacement for that spread of gear, you'd be able to buy a nice 5-7kw generator and some 10 ga 100' cords. Fuck that.

And those circular saws aren't worm drive either.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

I would expect a 60V lithium ion battery from HF to immediately burst into flames. Very very hot flames. Melt through the bed of your truck flames.

“I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    Cordless table saw? What? I can understand the desire for cordless versions of hand tools, but what in the hell is the rational behind this?

Holy shit. Those 9 amp-hr 20/60v max batteries run $200 a pop. For the price of your first battery pack replacement for that spread of gear, you'd be able to buy a nice 5-7kw generator and some 10 ga 100' cords. Fuck that.

And those circular saws aren't worm drive either.
    Yeah...I totally agree. My kit of cordless tools are a 20v drill, and an 18v screwdriver. When I'm using my sawsall, my circular saw, cut-off saw or my table saw, I"m generally needing more power than a cordless can provide, or at least for a LONGER duration than they can provide. Caveat: haven't tried a 60v yet. But how long do the damn batteries last per charge for heavy work???

I've used them. The lumber yard gave them to me to demo for a week. They are impressive but still a specialty tool. How useful would depend on the application. For a carpenter, I don't think they could replace the plug in version. If your job was something like window installer or backout carpenter...maybe. I like Dewalt's table saws but I don't care for their chop saws. And yes...again...everyone know Festool stuff is great. Not everyone can justify the expense however.

If I read their site correctly, about 1/3rd as long as a 20v.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

+1 for generator

Big stuff keep corded but have used the cordless circular saw, for my needs my next circular saw will be that one

Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post
    I would expect a 60V lithium ion battery from HF to immediately burst into flames. Very very hot flames. Melt through the bed of your truck flames.
    30 minutes after you can't return the piece of sheet.

Thx ttfw but that was tipical magazine write ip. The table and chop saw run the same motor as the corded unit and have plug in cord as well. So im told by the rep at wotev store i was in, in red deer. I need to make a decision ...

I forgot to say that, they are dual power. Too me, I couldn't see the value. Chances are that if I'm cutting a piece of wood, I need to nail it on the house which equals compressor necessitating power. Again, I don't know if this is for pro or homeowner use but I know very few trim carpenters that use a Dewalt miter saw. That would be my big hang up. Again, what is the intended use?

I don't see the point of a cordless tablesaw. And i have been known to blow money on boutique things. I am a non-pro who has a festool track saw, MFT and domino. Cordless track saw would be infinitly more useful than a cordless table saw.

The primary benefit of cordless tools (impacts, drills, skillys) is that you don't have to drag the cord to the work. When you have to take the material to the tool (table, choppy), that benefit is irrelevant. Two other benefit are a no power job site. Even with a cordless table or choppy that gonna be hard to make happen unless you have cordless nail guns (and everything else) and a massive charging station running of an inverter in your truck. Cold kills batteries so you probably need to bring them inside in the dead of winter. The second benefit is to avoid the tangle. On trim jobs, we've usually got a hand held planner, trim rounter, grinder, sander, jiggy, biscuiter etc. rolled out on the assembly table. So your work process could be cut piece of chop and table, profile edges as needed, custom with the grinder/planner because the framer and drywallers are hacks and its the trim carpenters job to make it look awesome without complaining, biscuit the joints, sand everything...and so on. So not having cords attached to all that is helpful.

Again, there is a tool for a job. Without knowing the jobs, its hard to make a suggestion.

Screw guns, sure. But I can't help thinking even Festool is gonna have a hard time powering through most wood that ain't thin finishing trim without binding or draining the batteries too fast. I got a small 18V finishing circular saw and chop saw in one of those Ryobi bundles once that were both discarded after a couple tries. Pretty much the same price as the drill alone. [acknowledging Ryobi is consumer shite]

Living in golden BC you have to be a jack of all trades. And yes sometimes a black out carpenter. The barn reno I did not for weddings had only 1 power out let and 2 saws would trip it every time. So much of my work is done with screws and hammer and nails,, yes on the hourly rate. I hate cords! I need more battries and I figure most of the time the chopsaw will be plugged in so I get 2x60v batteriesand a double charger and a free stand. When iim up building roof systems cords r a problem.a afrkn tripping hazard. My specailty is custom finishing with real wood often rough, recycled or unique pieces. But wotevr pays the bills.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    The primary benefit of cordless tools (impacts, drills, skillys) is that you don't have to drag the cord to the work. When you have to take the material to the tool (table, choppy), that benefit is irrelevant. Two other benefit are a no power job site. Even with a cordless table or choppy that gonna be hard to make happen unless you have cordless nail guns (and everything else) and a massive charging station running of an inverter in your truck. Cold kills batteries so you probably need to bring them inside in the dead of winter. The second benefit is to avoid the tangle. On trim jobs, we've usually got a hand held planner, trim rounter, grinder, sander, jiggy, biscuiter etc. rolled out on the assembly table. So your work process could be cut piece of chop and table, profile edges as needed, custom with the grinder/planner because the framer and drywallers are hacks and its the trim carpenters job to make it look awesome without complaining, biscuit the joints, sand everything...and so on. So not having cords attached to all that is helpful.

Again, there is a tool for a job. Without knowing the jobs, its hard to make a suggestion.
    Wisperwatt

http://www.whisperwattgenerator.com/

I see these on a lot of jobs where the Power Company hasn't gotten around to putting up a Bang Board and AC power.

Of course this is in a stupid place where money doesn't really matter.