Page 69 of 83 FirstFirst ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 2051
  1. #1701
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    inpdx
    Posts
    11,983
    i can spell "tgr week in review" & the fucking search can't bring it up in the first page or two of results

    oh, and a shitshow thread got deleted

  2. #1702
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    21,468
    Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    i can spell "tgr week in review" & the fucking search can't bring it up in the first page of two of results

    oh, and a shitshow thread got deleted
    I just type "review" in the little search box that appears when I click "Search Forum" on the top right side of the thread list, and this thread is the second result.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

  3. #1703
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Posts
    5,157
    i can't spell tgr weak in review

  4. #1704
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    inpdx
    Posts
    11,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I just type "review" in the little search box that appears when I click "Search Forum" on the top right side of the thread list, and this thread is the second result.
    just tried that...nope!

  5. #1705
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    21,468
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I just type "review" in the little search box that appears when I click "Search Forum" on the top right side of the thread list, and this thread is the second result.
    Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    just tried that...nope!
    so, just so we're clear, I am not talking about the existing field on the far right with the magnifying/search icon next to it (on the same "line" as "Forum / New Posts / Private Message / etc", right above the words "The Stash"). I'm talking about the text "Search Forum", right next to "Forum Tools" in the lighter blue border just above the list of all the threads, that if you click it opens a search box. I just did it again and it showed as one of the first results.

    If yours doesn't, that's weird.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

  6. #1706
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    inpdx
    Posts
    11,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    so, just so we're clear, I am not talking about the existing field on the far right with the magnifying/search icon next to it (on the same "line" as "Forum / New Posts / Private Message / etc", right above the words "The Stash"). I'm talking about the text "Search Forum", right next to "Forum Tools" in the lighter blue border just above the list of all the threads, that if you click it opens a search box. I just did it again and it showed as one of the first results.

    If yours doesn't, that's weird.
    that one's even worse & returns an error message suggesting i contact the system administrator

  7. #1707
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    21,468
    Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    that one's even worse & returns an error message suggesting i contact the system administrator
    weird. I even tested it with an old account and that also worked for me. Guess you're just fucked.

    and good luck finding a system administrator, they just prop the server closet door open and go drinking.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

  8. #1708
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Before
    Posts
    20,383
    Fucked deletions about fucked deletions.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

  9. #1709
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    4,450
    this is an xpost, but before someone goes whining that they don't know when things happen around here: I'm not an administrator or a mod here anymore, of my own choosing, effective an hour or so ago.

  10. #1710
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,901
    Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    that one's even worse & returns an error message suggesting i contact the system administrator
    I never even saw that second search function.
    But. ^ same

  11. #1711
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,901
    Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    this is an xpost, but before someone goes whining that they don't know when things happen around here: I'm not an administrator or a mod here anymore, of my own choosing, effective an hour or so ago.
    Oh sure, just when the going gets hard

  12. #1712
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    inpdx
    Posts
    11,983
    Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    this is an xpost, but before someone goes whining that they don't know when things happen around here: I'm not an administrator or a mod here anymore, of my own choosing, effective an hour or so ago.
    "thank you for your service"

    was that deleted thread any part of the impetus?

  13. #1713
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    4,450
    Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    was that deleted thread any part of the impetus?
    not really, I hadn't even read it. it's just getting embarrassing being associated with some of the stuff that gets posted here, that the community apparently feels overwhelmingly should be allowed to be posted here. nobody really wants more moderation, and I don't really want people (outside of this forum) to say "hey look at this <choose your variety of horrible thing that gets posted here> that gets posted on this website your are purportedly the administrator of, wtf?" so the best solution is for me to just step aside.

    it is of course unpleasant to deal with the same handful of mentally ill folks who cause drama. of course the obvious solution is to ban them (for their own good and the community's) but everyone just pisses and moans about that too.

    so whatever - not my problem anymore. cya in tech talk

  14. #1714
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bellevue
    Posts
    5,095
    Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    "thank you for your service"

    was that deleted thread any part of the impetus?
    What did I miss? Standard summer thread or something shittier?

  15. #1715
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Posts
    5,157
    Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    it is of course unpleasant to deal with the same handful of mentally ill folks who cause drama.

  16. #1716
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Posts
    10,953
    Who deleted the thread? OP or mod?
    And I guess that I just don't know

  17. #1717
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    21,468
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    I gave my love a cherry...
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

  18. #1718
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    inpdx
    Posts
    11,983
    Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    What did I miss? Standard summer thread or something shittier?
    just some revisited pnw drama

    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Who deleted the thread? OP or mod?
    i have no idea...was considering posting and then it disappeared

  19. #1719
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    646
    Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post

    oh, and a shitshow thread got deleted
    Right as I was reading it. Only made it through the first page. How rude.
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

  20. #1720
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Posts
    10,953
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Who deleted the thread? OP or mod?
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I gave my love a cherry...
    Wtf Danno, is it a secret who deleted the thread? If so, why?
    And I guess that I just don't know

  21. #1721
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Posts
    5,157
    a - who cares
    b - normally it's the OP

    we already lost one good mod to shenanigans today, maybe lets give em a breather. They are the only thing that protects us from trolls (except discipline* not to feed them).


    *correction, they are the only thing

  22. #1722
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Posts
    10,953
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    a - who cares
    Me.
    b - normally it's the OP
    Was it the OP this time?

    Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    we already lost one good mod to shenanigans today, maybe lets give em a breather. They are the only thing that protects us from trolls (except discipline* not to feed them).


    *correction, they are the only thing
    I’d like to know because I want to know if there are some behavior standards here, and maybe more importantly, what they are.

    Let’s not pretend that I don’t support the mods, okay? I just want to know wtf is going on, and I happen to think that I’m enmeshed enough in this community to warrant being told.

    Are you a mod Bromontane? Apologies for not knowing...or caring until now tbh.
    And I guess that I just don't know

  23. #1723
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    551


    Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk

  24. #1724
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    15,084
    It also has herpes
    watch out for snakes

  25. #1725
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Before
    Posts
    20,383
    TGR is becoming a safe space. Isn't that nice.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •