Page 70 of 91 FirstFirst ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 2271
    No socks. Not a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    *checks notes*

it's only acceptable to wear socks with loafers when wearing pants and when using thin socks (which allow loafer comfort appreciation).
    Calling Old Larry, loafer protocol issue...
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

No, he’s right. And I’d also add, only when the temp is below 70 or it’s after September and before March.
    I still call it The Jake.

At the risk of being further vilified for posting midweek in the "Week in Review" thread, I would like to clear some things up.

"timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Jeezuz...and it's only Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    https://burningman.org/network/about...a/photo-guide/

Rules and Etiquette
    Burning Man’s number one rule of etiquette for photography is Ask First — you should get permission before taking somebody’s photo. Does this mean you can’t grab a shot of somebody cruising by on a really cool bike, or capture a compelling scene you happen to see through your telephoto lens? No, of course not — realistically, you should ask first whenever realistically possible. But the question you have to ask yourself before pressing the shutter is “Am I invading this person’s privacy in any way?”. If the person is fully or partially nude, in the middle of a very private moment, or doing anything that perhaps they would not want the whole world to see, then yes, you definitely need to ask first — do not press the shutter. If somebody is doing henna body painting on a nude model in Center Camp, and there are a dozen people with cameras surrounding them snapping away, can you just jump in and take pictures as well? No you can’t — instead, set an example for the others. Go up to the model and ask first. Some of the other photographers undoubtedly already did so, and the ones who did not perhaps will appreciate the reminder that they should have.

Ask First is Burning Man’s number one photography rule — but I have my own official number one photography rule for you as well, which is Don’t Be “That Guy”. If you have been to Burning Man you know which “that guy” I mean — that guy in a paparazzi swarm chasing after every naked woman who walks by, like she was an A-list celebrity with a new haircut. That guy with the giant telephoto lens elbowing people out of his way to get his close-up boob shots at the Critical Tits ride. In other words, that guy who over the last few years has been making women in particular feel less and less comfortable freely expressing themselves at Burning Man, for fear they will end up as the screensaver on their officemates’ computers. And yes, it is predominantly guys causing the problem, but female photographers obviously need to keep basic photographic etiquette in mind in as well.
    Maybe since Burning man is so rad we could take a little bit from their ethics on the issue...

fuck you.... who you gunna run outta town next?

We live in a special place. A county like no other in human kind. We all have the right to say NO. NO! you cannot come in my home. NO you cannot take that from me. NO you cannot make me do that. It's called the 2nd Amendment. It's what makes us special. Every one of us has the god given right to just say no! And the ability to back it up. Because GUNS
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

https://burningman.org/event/prepara...hooting-video/

Our Photo & Video Rights and Responsibilities is an important read for anyone thinking about coming to Black Rock City with a camera.

If you are shooting images or video to release something “to the public” then you’re probably going to need to register as BRC Media. If you are shooting for noncommercial use to share with friends and family through your personal social networks, you do not need to register. (See more on Personal vs. Professional Use) Regardless of your project, under the Terms and Conditions every participant in Black Rock City with a camera agrees they will:

Respect other participants’ privacy ask for permission BEFORE shooting.
    Not distribute imagery that violates personal privacy (eg. nudity, illegal acts).
    Not use media in any promotional or commercial manner.
    Seek and receive permission from Burning Man before any publication or non-personal use.
    Remove images from distribution if requested.
    Register any UAV or “drone” with the BRC Airport. Click here for more drone info.
    While Burning Man supports the right of participants to express themselves using cameras and document their experiences, extra consideration must be taken to ensure the privacy of all participants is protected and media is used in a way that upholds our community principal of decommodification. Oh, and don’t be a creeper!
    Also..

Personal vs. Professional Use
    At Burning Man, you don’t have to be getting paid to be a Pro. “Professional Use Media” is used to describe pretty much any media project that is intended for public distribution.

Personal Use Media:
    Burners are welcomed to use photos, videos, and audio recordings obtained at the event for their personal use, which includes:

Sharing with your friends and personal social media networks.
    Displaying on personal websites—as long as the websites do not sell any products or services, and do not pretend or appear to be an official Burning Man website.
    Posting to your personal accounts on photo-sharing sites such as Flickr, Instagram, YouTube, and Tumblr—as long as the posts aren’t commercial in any manner and the accounts aren’t used for purposeful promotion. You may not directly monetize any media through paywalls or advertisements.
    Even if your images and videos are for Personal Use, you must read, understand, and follow the Photo & Video Rights and Responsibilities. Every burner with a camera has a responsibility to be respectful to the community and its members!

Professional Use Media:
    If you wish to use any photo, video, or audio from the event for any non-personal use, you must apply as Professional Use Media for the Burning Man event. We require this registration process to protect the privacy and other rights of participants and to prevent commercial exploitation of Burning Man.

Non-personal use includes:

Publishing photos in a printed or online book, magazine, or newspaper.
    Using footage in a professional quality video.
    Displaying images on a non-personal website or in a gallery show.
    Using imagery in a documentary or TV show.
    Distributing media to any third-party group or publication. This includes offering photos for publication, or making any commercial or promotional use of event media.
    A general rule of thumb for whether a use is non-personal: Is the event imagery being used for financial gain, OR being widely distributed beyond your personal network of friends and family? If either of these is true, please apply as Professional Use Media by contacting press@burningman.org. You are also responsible for obtaining clear and informed consent from the subjects in your photos. If your image violates the privacy or other rights of another participant, you should not display it in any public manner. If you did not pre-register as a professional shooter at the event, you may apply for permission later if you or someone else wishes to make non-personal use of your images. But you must obtain our written permission before the use is made.

You wouldn't last a day on the playa.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    fuck you.... who you gunna run outta town next?
    Fuck you.

People choose their behavior at Burning Man under the assumption that they will be respected and people will follow the rules.

People who dont fucking suck. They ruin it for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    We live in a special place. A county like no other in human kind. We all have the right to say NO. NO! you cannot come in my home. NO you cannot take that from me. NO you cannot make me do that. It's called the 2nd Amendment. It's what makes us special. Every one of us has the god given right to just say no! And the ability to back it up. Because GUNS
    go to bed, dad, you’re drunk

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    Fuck you.

People choose their behavior at Burning Man under the assumption that they will be respected and people will follow the rules.

People who dont fucking suck. They ruin it for everyone.

well, you would certainly know all about ruining things for everyone.....you gonna cunt this thread up too?

this ain't burning man.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    well, you would certainly know all about ruining things for everyone.....

this ain't burning man.
    Ignore it bro.

ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    There's a conundrum in forum modding ...
    I would like to be very clear I am not a moderator nor practice moderation for most things.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Pio's campaign "getting sabotaged", lol, that's rich.

The only thing that sabotaged James Piotrowski was one, maybe two of the following:

a) a slight curve and weak gravitational field

b) the timing of the 2016 release of the McRib

c) the voter makeup of the state of Idaho.
    I voted for him. I also saw his Pilot on its side in real life so it may have been a sympathy vote.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Or -

d) The rare southern Idaho land kraken reached out a tentacle, disrupting the travel path of an unlucky Pilot, and - just as swiftly as it appeared - vanished again, into the deep.
    Gets someone every year.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Hey guys, hate to be a stickler here, but it’s Tuesday.

Can we save the Week In Review thread until we’ve got a final accounting of all the threads destroyed in the previous 7 days?

Thanks
    Lol

That's definately a picture of one womans ass completely in focus while shes on private property that you have been publicly fantasizing about for years...
    How long did you stare at it while unfocusing your eyes? Do you see the ass after the sailboat.

Jeebus. nobody got the joke?

Best photobomb ever. Pay fucking attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Fuck you.

You couldn't be more wrong, really, more wrong; but please tell me, because you have experience with these things, right?

Yes. I just made up the burning man photography ethics website.

I hacked burning man . Org, and I made it up.

To fuck with TGR.

The burning man organizers didn't make and post those guidelines.

How to stop the Kraken. Need a Medusa head.

It's like having herpes, when you think it's gone, Boom, back again.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

you keep that shit forever, like luggage

Oh, right.

Nothing is more important than growing the spank banks of the middle aged tgr frat boys.

Oh, right.

Nothing is more important than growing the spank banks of the middle aged tgr frat boys.
    Yea but that awesome sound
    Own your fail. ~Jer~