PSA Intuition Liners Sale

fluidmotionsports.com
    I used discount code LINERS and got another 20% off. Not sure if it applies to all items.
    Prices are in Canadian dollars
    Don't miss oot

Thanks for the heads-up -

The prices jump around a lot depending on sizing, but I ordered a 27.5 pair of the "rosso descente" liners for $135 CAD shipped (with LINERS code). Should be around $99 US.

I wanted a tongue liner for my alpine boots. Currently have an old set of Powerwraps in there, and they're too stiff and have been cooked too many times. (Foam is hard.) The description on these sounds like a good fit for my foot and boot (Garmont Shaman) -- need something lower volume around the forefoot/ heel/ ankle, but a little thicker around the shin.

https://fluidmotionsports.com/collec...r-by-intuition
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    The description on these sounds like a good fit for my foot and boot (Garmont Shaman) -- need something lower volume around the forefoot/ heel/ ankle, but a little thicker around the shin.

https://fluidmotionsports.com/collec...r-by-intuition
    I ordered the same ones for the same reason. I was thinking of ordering 2 pair but i'll wait to see how the fit is and decide then.

their ebay store had/has even better deals on certain liners.

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    their ebay store had/has even better deals on certain liners.

Wasn't that on very small sizes?
    Please post a link. I'm curious to see what you say and I didn't.

yes, mostly smaller size.
    http://www.ebay.com/usr/fluidmotionsports
    I just checked your link. they appear to be listing at those same prices. either way, good deals to be had.

Thanks Nick
    I thought I might have given some bad intel but the 20% discount code makes it worth buying direct if the code is applicable.

My liners arrived today. I think they're gonna work great for my foot & the fit I need. Thanks again Kenny!

FYI, for anyone looking -- the "rosso descente" liners have minimal foam around the foot, and very very little on the sole. These will require a separate footbed, and are not the older style Intuition liner with a thick foam sole -- the kind where Intuition used to say that you didn't need a footbed, and to mold the liner without a footbed in place.
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Thanks for the info on those liners. I need some for an older pair of plug boots that I'm going to try to soften up by cutting part of the shell. The liners in those were so thin, my feet froze in them. Hoping the ultralon, even though thin, will be a little warmer.

Impression of Rosso Descente?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Thanks for the info on those liners. I need some for an older pair of plug boots that I'm going to try to soften up by cutting part of the shell. The liners in those were so thin, my feet froze in them. Hoping the ultralon, even though thin, will be a little warmer.
    Resurrecting an old thread. Can you provide your thoughts on this liner now that it’s been a while? Thinking of jumping on this deal.

They didn’t really work in the boots I was hoping to salvage.

They didn’t really work in the boots I was hoping to salvage.
    Hmm. Ok. My boots aren’t terribly old and still perform well, but they’re cold. I saw that deal and it is tempting. Current boots are Salomon X Max 120.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    My liners arrived today. I think they're gonna work great for my foot & the fit I need. Thanks again Kenny!

FYI, for anyone looking -- the "rosso descente" liners have minimal foam around the foot, and very very little on the sole. These will require a separate footbed, and are not the older style Intuition liner with a thick foam sole -- the kind where Intuition used to say that you didn't need a footbed, and to mold the liner without a footbed in place.
    Can you provide your impressions of the Rosso Descente?

Quote Originally Posted by mikdes26 View Post
    Hmm. Ok. My boots aren’t terribly old and still perform well, but they’re cold. I saw that deal and it is tempting. Current boots are Salomon X Max 120.

There just wasn't room in the plug boots I had for the liners. Even though they're thinner than most Intuitions, I couldn't get the overlap on the lower boot to close without pinching the tongue. I downsized the liners...boots are 28.5 and I got 27.5 liners but no dice.

There just wasn't room in the plug boots I had for the liners. Even though they're thinner than most Intuitions, I couldn't get the overlap on the lower boot to close without pinching the tongue. I downsized the liners...boots are 28.5 and I got 27.5 liners but no dice.
    Did you heat them first?

No. If I sell them, I want to be honest when I say never baked. Heating puffs up the foam so my guess is, it would be worse.

PSA Intuition Liners Sale

No. If I sell them, I want to be honest when I say never baked. Heating puffs up the foam so my guess is, it would be worse.
    I don’t have any experience heating Intuitions, but someone told me the heating makes them more malleable, allowing for them to fit in a shell they might not otherwise fit in.

Last edited by mikdes26; 11-19-2017 at 09:54 PM.

For reference, an off the shelf inuition I cannot get into my boots.

This may be apples to oranges here as I am talking any wrap liner same size as my full tilt shells (which are notoriously low volume) so dif liners and dif shells. But only way they work is if I heat them and mold them.

Mikdes26, where abouts are you located?
    Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    That grip walk shit is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Sizzler View Post

This may be apples to oranges here as I am talking any wrap liner same size as my full tilt shells (which are notoriously low volume) so dif liners and dif shells. But only way they work is if I heat them and mold them.

Mikdes26, where abouts are you located?
    Portland, OR.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Sizzler View Post

Right, so a wrap is way different than a tongue liner and I'm guessing your Full Tilts are a 3-piece boot, not a race plug overlap so that's a huge difference. As you say, apples and oranges.

I only have one day skiing these liners, but am happy with the fit. I cooked them a little less than I would a traditional overlap Intuition, so they didn't go 100% jelly-like, but I think I got a pretty good fit around the heel and ankle.

The toe box is mostly neoprene, so no heat molding going on there. I used an Intuition toe cap anyway, but not sure if it did anything to affect the fit anywhere in the liner.

This liner has a low volume foot/instep and medium volume shin/calf, which seems to fit me and my boot really well. YMMV, a lot, on liners...