Skis Inside 2dr Jeep Wrangler?

So I'm heading to CO this weekend to get some of this new snow (and hiking) and I wanted to know if a pair of 180cm sticks would fit in a 2dr Jeep Wrangler?

The rental companies have them for cheap right now, but I want to make sure they'll fit first. I'll have a passenger, but going through the center console would be fine. I was thinking maybe evening voile strap to the bars under the roof?

Any thoughts are appreciated.

I've gotten my 196 Lhasas in the yj but that was with no passenger up front. Might be interesting to try it with someone riding shotgun.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

I think you'll be okay, the newer wranglers have a lot more interior space than the old ones.

Thanks guys, I'll just go for it and see what happens.

Also f*** the rental car companies.

I drive a 2 door wrangler, and had to mod the car to get 180cm skis and a passenger at the same time. Only place they'll fit is strapped under the roll bar with tips above the visors.

To get this to work I had to remove, or later cut and mod the speaker box that wraps around the roll bar; wouldn't try it in someone elses car.

I have a pair of 170 skis w/ tele bindings that just fit with tails between console and seat, tips nearly touching the tailgate. Doubt it would work with bulkier alpine bindings or longer skis. Of course, the rear seat had to come out for this to work.

There are racks out there that attach to the rear bumper, spare tire rack, or hitch receiver. Maybe one of those could be rented?

http://www.alpineaccessories.com/Ski...ductinfo/1-WM/

these ^^ work on any car with a glass passenger window that rolls up into a metal channel and they are small enough to fit in luggage

back in the day I used mine on a T-top camaro and I knew guys who used them on XJS jags,

The rack works fine and were pretty cheap ... which left more money to spend on coke
    Last edited by XXX-er; 05-18-2017 at 01:26 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Dammit, alright.

Might just end up going the Silvercar route (Audi A4 + ski rack). I was just hoping to get something with some more ground clearance given the snow.

I hate Denver airport, car rentals, and all this bs. Gotta move to the mountains...

Wow i cant belive they dont fit! I had a set of 187 Hojis in my buddies mini. So much for being a utility vehicle

^^^ This. Another example is a fucking Hummer. Not even space inside for my set of spandex rando suit, slipper boots and toothpick skis. And slooooooooooowwwwww, with shitty brakes. Let's drive to the mountains!!
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Denver is somehow the worst place in the country to rent a car. Good luck...

The shittiest part is in dead winter when you HAVE to have AWD/4WD, but there's no way to actually reserve AWD online.

No wonder I-70 is a bumper car track.

ALSO, fuck the airport location, it might as well be in Nebraska.

/endrant

Might not help you as you're renting but put here for posterity. Bike rack.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG0781 (1).jpg 
Views:	788 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	206758
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

I had two 180 skis in a Scion IQ with a passenger. I jeep is slightly bigger...

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Might not help you as you're renting but put here for posterity. Bike rack.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG0781 (1).jpg 
Views:	788 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	206758
    you normaly bring that on the plane with you?

I'm betting not

otoh the ski hiker is small enough to bring with you on the plane
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Does the Wrangler center console still have a drain line to the outside? Used to love loading that up with ice and beer.