Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    I was thinking that too but his pants would of been off or down, no mention of that unless they agreed to not report those details to save some embarrassment.

His body guard and people got to the body first, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Personally I'd rather people thought I accidentally died jerking off and choking myself out.
    "He died doing what he loved"
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Personally I'd rather people thought I accidentally died jerking off and choking myself out.
    Yea. Me too. Guy was just trying to bust a nut maybe.

David Carradine style.

That's why you always use the buddy system.

This.
    I still think he was just getting kinky and accidentally died from Autoerotic asphyxiation. Who kills themselves with a exercise style band and carabinier attached to a door handle?? He gave up hard drugs, but he was a rock star, I'm sure fucking all those crazy gropies made him into a bit of a pervert.
    I used to work with older, wealthy, established, very famous rock stars on the road. The one thing that was universal to nearly all of them was that because they had lived that way for so long they had done EVERYTHING they'd ever remotely fantasized about and then some. They were always looking for the next thing that would take them to an edgy place. I say that not as a criticism but as an observation. Trust me when I say that when you are that famous and that rich in rock & roll, you have seen and done stuff beyond most of our abilities to imagine. Sometimes my job was to facilitate some of it.

I would also suspect that if this were the case his people may have rearranged things to look less nasty if they were indeed nasty than when he was found, or, there may have been some agreement with the coroner's office to let his memory remain in a reasonably solid place for his wife, kids and the world instead of detailing the most grizzely facts.

Honestly I hope to god that there was nothing nasty about it all, but I kind of doubt it. And I kind of hate myself for thinking what I do think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

I LoL'd.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    This.

I used to work with older, wealthy, established, very famous rock stars on the road. The one thing that was universal to nearly all of them was that because they had lived that way for so long they had done EVERYTHING they'd ever remotely fantasized about and then some. They were always looking for the next thing that would take them to an edgy place. I say that not as a criticism but as an observation. Trust me when I say that when you are that famous and that rich in rock & roll, you have seen and done stuff beyond most of our abilities to imagine. Sometimes my job was to facilitate some of it.

I would also suspect that if this were the case his people may have rearranged things to look less nasty if they were indeed nasty than when he was found, or, there may have been some agreement with the coroner's office to let his memory remain in a reasonably solid place for his wife, kids and the world instead of detailing the most grizzely facts.

Honestly I hope to god that there was nothing nasty about it all, but I kind of doubt it. And I kind of hate myself for thinking what I do think.
    Sounds like we need some stories.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

Didn't his wife alert his assistant to have him check on Chris? Doesn't sound like some kind of auto-erotic asphyxiation. "hey Chris is jerking off and choking himself, will you check on him in a bit?" Probably not.

More like a call from the wife to the road manager, "I've been trying to call Chris for hours and he's not answering. Will you go bang on the door please and make sure he's OK?" I've answered that call from the SO who's at home. Among others.

Then the road manager tries to call him, no answer. Bangs on the door, no answer. Has the front desk open the door, finds the awful scene and while the hotel clerk is dialing 911 tidies things up to make it look as benign as possible in the few moments available. That's what I would have done in that role.

Like I said, I hate to suspect what I do, but the whole picture doesn't make sense to me. Of course, suicide rarely does. My first thought was the maybe he had a partner in the auto-asphyxia adventure who ditched out when it got ugly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

I thought the NYT article said he and his wife had talked on the phone and then she called his assistant/friend to check on him because she was worried. Either way a senseless tragedy.

I read she was worried because he was slurring his words and told her he took more Antivan than he was supposed to.

So either he was doing auto erotic asphyxiation and passed out or fell due to being intoxicated OR he took enough to make him not care and kill himself purposefully.

Well bummer. I had tuned out social media and news for most of the summer. Heard on the radio he died but none of this. Friend told me yesterday. Figured I could get the scoop on teh trusty tgrs.
    Vibes to friends, family and fans.
    Certainly lost some of my hearing to spoonman among others.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    The whole Badmotorfinger album came out in my early teens, like 12 or 13 probably. Talk about a game changer. I bought a guitar, an oversized amp with a grunge distortion pedal and just went fucking nuts!!
    bump

chris was the epitome of the rockstar that maintained integrity. conspiracy theory ?
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

wooooow super karmic energy, was just going to post

Fuck

RIP Chris Cornell.....damn that's sad

I listened to some Soundgarden, Audioslave and his solo stuff the last few weeks. Kind of went down a rabbit hole while I was brain deep in work. His cover of nothing compares 2u, Patience and some others just blew my mind.

Another one that either went too young or maybe flew to close to the sun? Who knows, that’s a whole philosophical discussion but I’m glad for his time and music while he was here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    To this day one of the best versions of Ave Maria I've ever heard; and I'm reminded of that every year about this time. What a voice.
    I still call it The Jake.

I was a "sorta fan" at one point. I grew a little weary of the constant drumbeat of how "ground-breaking and unique" CC's stuff was. Over the years - thanks to Apple Music - I've gone down many a rabbit hole with the "if you like this artists, you should check out"....and I've found there was so much undeniable talent out there that it really makes the stuff Soundgarden and CC put out kinda pale by comparison. The stuff coming out of Europe - in particular Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, and Germany - is so far beyond anything I ever listened to, going back to the 80's...the talent is just SICK. Not to take away from CC's legacy, but the idol worship of him and SG is kinda pedestrian after hearing some of the stuff out of Europe that never made it to the "big scene" in the US during that era. And now his legacy has become a bit of a shit-show with the family jousting...it's just exhausting...thank god there's other stuff out there that I don't have to have fed to me by "big music"...
    Gravity. It's the law.

Dislikable post is dislikable.

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    I was a "sorta fan" at one point. I grew a little weary of the constant drumbeat of how "ground-breaking and unique" CC's stuff was. Over the years - thanks to Apple Music - I've gone down many a rabbit hole with the "if you like this artists, you should check out"....and I've found there was so much undeniable talent out there that it really makes the stuff Soundgarden and CC put out kinda pale by comparison. The stuff coming out of Europe - in particular Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, and Germany - is so far beyond anything I ever listened to, going back to the 80's...the talent is just SICK. Not to take away from CC's legacy, but the idol worship of him and SG is kinda pedestrian after hearing some of the stuff out of Europe that never made it to the "big scene" in the US during that era. And now his legacy has become a bit of a shit-show with the family jousting...it's just exhausting...thank god there's other stuff out there that I don't have to have fed to me by "big music"...
    This.

RIP Chris Cornell.....damn that's sad

Cool. You guys are hip.

This is the Chris Cornell mourning and appreciation thread, so you can fuck right off with your hipster vibe to a more appropriate thread where they talk about cool obscure musicians from cool obscure places.

Or not, I guess. Just pointing out that you’ve misjudged your audience.

As a point of discussion, I’m not a critic. I can appreciate that there are different tastes and superior musicians to everybody who “made it big.” Growing up in the 90s, Chris Cornell on my radio in my shitty old s-10 pickup or while chilling with friends or, more likely, chilling alone shaped an appreciation for him, his style, and his music that has nothing to do with who is the better singer or musician. It doesn’t even register as something worth discussing in this context.

So yeah. Fuck off. But it’s cool if you do it here.
    focus.

"There's these amazing guys from like, Europe, or somewhere, I don't know their names, but they're way better than that dead guy you guys like, you dumb sheeple."

I'm not even a big CC fan by any means and that post still bugged me.

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    So if you die, is it cool if I go on your appreciation thread and say there were so many cooler and better European dudes than you? Seems fair.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    So if you die, is it cool if I go on your appreciation thread and say there were so many cooler and better European dudes than you? Seems fair.

Im fine if you do that for me. In fact, I encourage it.