Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Mudhoney still plays once a year or so at the tractor. Saw them and they still sound awesome.

two of the best of our local community station's DJ's threw down a great set of music tonight to him...Friday 6pm.
    http://www.radiofreeamerica.com/station/khol
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Listening to Louder Than Love album right now in my car sending love to Chris.

Full on Kevin's Mom always cracked me up.

My insane college freshman roommate and I used to rock out to this album back in the day.
    They think I do not know a buttload of crap about the Gospel, but I do.

I sent $25 to my good friend Chris Newman. The Godfather of Grunge. Mark Lanegan is covering one of his songs "Holy Ground" and they just recorded a tribute album dedicated to Chris.

Chris is clean now but heroin was like required and they all did it heavily.

Quote Originally Posted by Grape_Ape View Post
    Listening to Louder Than Love album right now in my car sending love to Chris.

Full on Kevin's Mom always cracked me up.

My insane college freshman roommate and I used to rock out to this album back in the day.
    My best friends name was Kevin, so we used to have a lot of fun at his expense over that one. It was his album back then. Ha.

I read up on Ativan, the prescription he was apparently on (according to his wife). It says that amongst those who are depressed, its use my increase the possibility of suicide.

It is eerie how much of one's reality is chemically derived. Indeed, life itself is an experiential thing, and those experiences and thoughts and feelings are modulated chemically to become our own personal reality.

They had an early SNL tonight replaying the '96 show with Soundgarden (and Jim Carrey host). Caught a little of it and one SG song.

RIP Chris Cornell.....damn that's sad

I always depend on my really cool friend for music these days, but this isn't his field. All I listened to for a bit was grunge - sound garden most, but starting with Superunknown, then nirvana, garbage, silverchair's frog stomp, NIN, and smashing pumpkins (just the bald Billy), but I was 13 and didn't really investigate bands back then. You guys are bringing up stuff I missed. Anyone care to put together a neat little list of albums you consider mandatory listening? I'd love to add them to my meager vinyl collection or cds if need be to see what I missed. Tracking down vinyl from those days is impossible without dropping $100 per album. Fucking cd's. Anyways, TIA.

Super sad news. Loved his voice. Used to always ask my older brother to put SG in his CD player riding to school in his Bronco because I couldn't stand that he graduated to more hardcore shit like Sepultera Roots. Loved the drummer, but fuck that noise.

Love the stories in here and first hand accounts. The dirt weed in the woods then dinner with the mom and step dad rang true with me.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    I always depend on my really cool friend for music these days, but this isn't his field. All I listened to for a bit was grunge - sound garden most, but starting with Superunknown, then nirvana, garbage, silverchair's frog stomp, NIN, and smashing pumpkins (just the bald Billy), but I was 13 and didn't really investigate bands back then. You guys are bringing up stuff I missed. Anyone care to put together a neat little list of albums you consider mandatory listening? I'd love to add them to my meager vinyl collection or cds if need be to see what I missed. Tracking down vinyl from those days is impossible without dropping $100 per album. Fucking cd's. Anyways, TIA.

Super sad news. Loved his voice. Used to always ask my older brother to put SG in his CD player riding to school in his Bronco because I couldn't stand that he graduated to more hardcore shit like Sepultera Roots. Loved the drummer, but fuck that noise.

Love the stories in here and first hand accounts. The dirt weed in the woods then dinner with the mom and step dad rang true with me.
    For All Your 90s Music Needs
    I still call it The Jake.

Sirius is playing Chis Cornell on Lithium today. Some great stuff i haven't heard before. Sad days
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Sirius is playing Chis Cornell on Lithium today. Some great stuff i haven't heard before. Sad days
    Thanks for the heads up! Good stuff. I don't know what I ever did without Sirius

Ativan seems like a shitty medicine.

"Common side effects include weakness, sleepiness, low blood pressure, and a decreased effort to breathe. When given intravenously the person should be closely monitored. Among those who are depressed there may be an increased risk of suicide. With long-term use larger doses may be required for the same effect. Physical dependence and psychological dependence may also occur. If stopped suddenly after long-term use, benzodiazepine withdrawal syndrome may occur."

Quote Originally Posted by Grape_Ape View Post
    Ativan seems like a shitty medicine.

"Common side effects include weakness, sleepiness, low blood pressure, and a decreased effort to breathe. When given intravenously the person should be closely monitored. Among those who are depressed there may be an increased risk of suicide. With long-term use larger doses may be required for the same effect. Physical dependence and psychological dependence may also occur. If stopped suddenly after long-term use, benzodiazepine withdrawal syndrome may occur."
    It's pretty standard as far as benzos go. Each person reacts differently to different drugs but its pretty tame if not abused. In fact, I've little doubt that it would have helped the poor guy if prescribed and used properly. Every drug sounds nasty when you read the side effects. I mean, go read the side effects of basic aspirin.

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    It's pretty standard as far as benzos go. Each person reacts differently to different drugs but its pretty tame if not abused. In fact, I've little doubt that it would have helped the poor guy if prescribed and used properly. Every drug sounds nasty when you read the side effects. I mean, go read the side effects of basic aspirin.
    Good points. We will probably never know exactly what demons he was fighting. Either way, it is very sad to see anyone take their own life.

"Hunger Strike" was the first song I played and sang in front of an audience.

March 2004 in La Vieille Ferme hotel in Serre Chevalier, France. It was the apres ski location of choice for the Scandinavian skiers and snowboarders and I was there with Telepath (RIP) et al. Beers were flowing and everyone was having a great time. I started chatting with the acoustic duo during a set break and they agreed to let me sit in on guitar with one guy while the other guy played harmonica. We quickly brainstormed for a song we could dial in with zero practice and came up with "Hunger Strike". I figured what the hell - we're all drunk and happy and I'll probably never see 99.9% of these people again.

I followed up with a solo country-ified version of "It Must've Been Love" and then passed the guitar back to the guy and proceeded to try out some recently learned Scando pick-up lines on the lasses. It was then that I really understood the power of playing guitar.

What a great trip.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

Fucking benzos. I just read a research paper a week ago that indicated regular use of benzos in people 50+ increased the likelihood of Alzheimers .
    Stay away from that stuff, as is clearly shown by Chris's untimely passing, they suck.
    I will stick with natural highs. This 18 year old Highland Park is working just fine.
    Last edited by liv2ski; 05-22-2017 at 10:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Hunger strike is a great song

Quote Originally Posted by hop View Post
    "Hunger Strike" was the first song I played and sang in front of an audience.

March 2004 in La Vieille Ferme hotel in Serre Chevalier, France. It was the apres ski location of choice for the Scandinavian skiers and snowboarders and I was there with Telepath (RIP) et al. Beers were flowing and everyone was having a great time. I started chatting with the acoustic duo during a set break and they agreed to let me sit in on guitar with one guy while the other guy played harmonica. We quickly brainstormed for a song we could dial in with zero practice and came up with "Hunger Strike". I figured what the hell - we're all drunk and happy and I'll probably never see 99.9% of these people again.

I followed up with a solo country-ified version of "It Must've Been Love" and then passed the guitar back to the guy and proceeded to try out some recently learned Scando pick-up lines on the lasses. It was then that I really understood the power of playing guitar.

What a great trip.
    Your story reminded me of this:

Playing guitar is a great way to pick up chicks. Too bad I didn't capitalize on it very much.

^^yep.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Fucking benzos. I just read a research paper a week ago that indicated regular use of benzos in people 50+ increased the likelihood of Alzheimers .
    Stay away from that stuff, as is clearly shown by Chris's untimely passing, they suck.
    I will stick with natural highs. This 18 year old Highland Park is working just fine.
    I liked me some occasional Diazepam back in the day. Most people I knew that really, really liked it a little too much are dead though, mostly because of combinations with alcohol or street drugs.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

I used to binge drink on xanax bars, would snort them too.

Can't believe I'm still alive.

That shit really loosens the inhibitions. If I wanted to punch someone in the face, sober or just drunk I might not, on Xanax it's like how many people can I punch in the face. Just don't give a shit. Maybe Chris just took enough to not a give a shit and then just ended it.

I was looking at pictures of him and his family online and just so fucking sad that someone can do that to their kids, the pain he's putting them through because of this. Kind of pisses me off, he's no victim, his family is.

inclined to punch people + Xanax = bad idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

I still think he was just getting kinky and accidentally died from Autoerotic asphyxiation. Who kills themselves with a exercise style band and carabinier attached to a door handle?? He gave up hard drugs, but he was a rock star, I'm sure fucking all those crazy gropies made him into a bit of a pervert.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    I still think he was just getting kinky and accidentally died from Autoerotic asphyxiation. Who kills themselves with a exercise style band and carabinier attached to a door handle?? He gave up hard drugs, but he was a rock star, I'm sure fucking all those crazy gropies made him into a bit of a pervert.
    I was thinking that too but his pants would of been off or down, no mention of that unless they agreed to not report those details to save some embarrassment.