Woodstock VT, where to ride?

Taking a trip to Woodstock for work and I think I can squeeze in 1 ride while I'm there. What should I do? Like road bikes and mountain bikes. Would be renting. Staying at the Woodstock resort. (Thanks boss!)

Go!

Woodstock mtb trails or Ascutney Trails are super close. Rt 12 north [lots of newer pavement] > 107 > 14 > 4 [a bit crowed, but ok] is a good long rode route. Rt 12 > 44 > 106 is a great smaller route. For a soul crusher try Rt 105 > 131 > 100 > 4.
    Depends on how long you have to ride, the Woodstock MTB trails would probably be best.

Paging Butta.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

The Woodstock trails, Killington town trails or Pittsfield (Green Mt?) would be good choices. Woodstock if time is limited.

Check out Boston Lot trails just over the NH border.

Ascutney trails is 25 minutes away. Pittsfield is 35 minutes. Both are great choices.

Get in touch with biggins, that's his neighborhood.

The woods around here a freaking nasty swamp. More standing water than I've seen in a long time. Today will help, but if we get more rain, slop fest. Road ride or better yet, go for a dirt road adventure. No traffic and incredible scenery.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Yeah- Aquaduct in Woodstock is still closed for water (EDIT: nope, open but limited), so unless your trip is at least a week out those are not an option. Likely the same story at the Inn, but call and ask- Nick Mahood (I think that's right) runs the nordic/mtb program and can tell you how those trails are shaping up. As mentioned, Ascutney, which is about 60% open last I checked, is not far and rules. Green Mountain Trails are a bit further NW, but they open this weekend and also rule. Ummmmm, Boston Lot to the east in Leb/Hanover/Wilder is a popular spot for the UV, but from Woodstock, personally, I'd rather stick to small town riding, which Boston Lot is not.

So, in order of proximity: Woodstock Inn trails, Aquaduct (Woodstock), Ascutney, GMT, Boston Lot.
    In order of my preference: Ascutney, GMT, Woodstock Inn, Aquaduct, Boston Lot

Shoot me a pm if you need more info when you're here. Check out Chef Brad's Crazyside, Worthy Kitchen and Inn on the River for local eats, don't drink the tap beer at Bentley's and do get a breakfast sandwich from Mon Vert. Also the Inn is siiiiiiiiiiick. You could not leave the Inn the entire time you're there and have a perfectly lovely time. Thank your boss indeed.

Edit: Turns out Aquaduct IS open, and WAMBA has started their Thursday night group rides. Ascutney also has a great Tuesday night ride with one of the all time legends of the VT MTB scene, Jim Lyall, heading things up. Vt-free covered road routes pretty well, unless you have a roadie that can handle gravel/packed dirt, in which case there are about a million options for sweet (but climb-tastic) rides. Lastly, re: road rides, look for a group ride that leaves from the green right in front of the Inn on Wednesday nights- cool gang of folks who have the region mapped.