Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    Is holding your junk covered under the new law?
    Depends on who's holding it

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Well, you aren't allowed to eat or drink anymore, so I'd guess yes.
    That's a secondary offense. If you wreck or are speeding and it's determined you were also distracted by eating you get another ticket for that.

If a cop catches your fat ass eating a burger you won't be pulled over for just that.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    That's a secondary offense. If you wreck or are speeding and it's determined you were also distracted by eating you get another ticket for that.

If a cop catches your fat ass eating a burger you won't be pulled over for just that.
    Right. Like they won't have a convenient excuse to pull you over for that "secondary" offense. I know better. It's Washington after all.

My neighbor is a widow and her sons are fatherless because of a texting driver.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    No helmet, no problem in Hawaii. Wanna sit in the back of a truck? Go for it. Cops get a stipend to drive their own personal vehicles, so it wasnt weird to see a trashy mustang with police lights pull over and scoop people off the Pali.

"Sucka all pau."
    "Scrape that lolo buggah off da groun."
    I didn't realize it was a bad idea to ride in the back of a truck until I was in the Navy and a friend informed me it was against the law in Florida. In highschool, we would roll 7 deep in the bed of a Ranger to go beach. One driver and passenger with a seat belt, 7 teenagers in the bed. Cops didn't batt an eye.

So driving with children or spouses is now illegal in WA?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Backseat toddler meltdown is pretty fucking distracting. Nagging wife even more. Both together and you're dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kailua_Boys View Post
    I didn't realize it was a bad idea to ride in the back of a truck until I was in the Navy and a friend informed me it was against the law in Florida. In highschool, we would roll 7 deep in the bed of a Ranger to go beach. One driver and passenger with a seat belt, 7 teenagers in the bed. Cops didn't batt an eye.
    That shit is more natural selection, the people taking part in the behavior are putting themselves at risk for the most part in the bed of a truck. Using a phone while driving 80mph puts everyone around you at risk including yourself.

Good to know. Coming up next month and renting a car. I kinda know where I am going but I better let the phone talk to me.

Green Ranger? One of the passengers named Phil?

Pffft... The Green Rangers name is Tommy...

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Yes. Exit 25 area (my exit). Nothing like the right lane of traffic going from 80mph to a dead stop in the blink of an eye.
    I'm a few exits east of you and drive by that exit heading east on I-90 every day around 5:30. Holy fuck that is a shit show.

As much as really, really don't want to see the speed limit lowered, at this point they need to just lower it from 70 to 60 or even 55 from after the Preston exit until after that clusterfuck. At least until they fix that shit. As you said, most people aren't expecting to suddenly come up on a miles long line of basically parked cars on a 70 mph interstate once they are east of Issaquah. It's either slam on the brakes or change lanes abruptly without any time to see if there's room. I've seen several accidents (well, the aftermath of accidents) and I see close calls almost everyday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Koons View Post
    Amirite? Am I fuckin rite? Somebody testify. Gun held sideways. You want to meet up to ski? Eat a dick, worthless scum jong.

What's really awesome is when stupid motherfuckers in the line of stopped cars decide they're too important to be held up and from a standstill pull into the next lane which is still free flowing at 70-80mph and then try and butt back in to stopped traffic at the head of the line.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    What's really awesome is when stupid motherfuckers in the line of stopped cars decide they're too important to be held up and from a standstill pull into the next lane which is still free flowing at 70-80mph and then try and butt back in to stopped traffic at the head of the line.
    Oh yea. That's why I stay in the center lane until closer to the exit to avoid those. I turn left towards snoqualmie anyway.

Yep, that is almost always the cause of the close calls I was referring to and causes a chain reaction where everyone is either braking hard or abruptly changing lanes to the left or both. Basically fucks up the entire freeway until after that exit.

And inevitably some clueless fucktard that got into the left lane to get past that shit, stays in the left lane going 60 mph for miles after instead of getting back over to the right or speeding up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Koons View Post
    Amirite? Am I fuckin rite? Somebody testify. Gun held sideways. You want to meet up to ski? Eat a dick, worthless scum jong.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    driverless cars gonna fix all those problems
    /thread

driverless cars gonna fix all those problems
    Yup

Have you ever heard people say something like "when I was a kid we didn't have car seats, we road in the bed of a truck, etc. and we're still alive!" Well, yeah, you're alive. There are plenty of others who aren't!

someday, i'm gonna miss the rush of road rage.
    Don't worry. You'll be raging against the machines.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Have you ever heard people say something like "when I was a kid we didn't have car seats, we road in the bed of a truck, etc. and we're still alive!" Well, yeah, you're alive. There are plenty of others who aren't!
    Well yeah, I didn't say it was a good idea.

No it was a white Ranger. Unless this is some sort of inside joke I'm not picking up on.

I rode behind the seats of my stepdads 65 El Camino from Oakland to LA as a kid. Think I got CO poisoning or something cuz I didn't feel so hot. Rode in the back in a sleeping bag on the drive back home. It didn't really suck too bad that time. Wish I had discovered pot at that time though.

PSA: WA Distracted Driver Law Starts In August.

No it was a white Ranger. Unless this is some sort of inside joke I'm not picking up on.
    No. My cousin in Kailua has a green ranger that's had a bed full of chucklenuts headed to the beach for the last 20 years.

No. My cousin in Kailua has a green ranger that's had a bed full of chucklenuts headed to the beach for the last 20 years.
    Oh haha. If his last name starts with an A or a T then I know who you're talking about. In fact, I'm probably friends with him if he's in the 30 to 40 age range.

PSA: WA Distracted Driver Law Starts In August.

Oh haha. If his last name starts with an A or a T then I know who you're talking about. In fact, I'm probably friends with him if he's in the 30 to 40 age range.
    Yep. A. He's on the higher end of that range. You probably know the rest of my fam too then. He has two younger brothers.