Check Out Our Shop
Page 239 of 242 FirstFirst ... 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 LastLast
Results 5,951 to 5,975 of 6044
    Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Chupie do it got ball jernts? Because your vibration saga sounds like ball jernts, or some other slop-inducing problem with the way wheels point in the Y , or lean in the Z plane?
    All ball joints are new. Entire front end suspension and steering is new, except for lower control arms + lower control arm bushings. Alignment done after redoing everything up front. It steers and tracks normally.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Small peanuts, but tackled the heater bypass valve on the Tahoe tonight. Very glad the old one hadn’t disintegrated in the hoses like I’d seen in a few videos, actually looked like it had split at a plastic welded seam.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Touring_Sedan View Post
    Meh. Not too bad.

Well that’s not too bad. Just gotta figure out the dashboard and put it back together. I’ll see what YouTube has to offer. Thank you sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Well that’s not too bad. Just gotta figure out the dashboard and put it back together. I’ll see what YouTube has to offer. Thank you sir.
    Double check the part number. I guessed in the model year. I have a decent set of trim pulling tools if you need them.

Quote Originally Posted by Touring_Sedan View Post
    Double check the part number. I guessed in the model year. I have a decent set of trim pulling tools if you need them.
    Appreciate this bigtime. Going to look for the part this week. Once I’ve got it in hand I’ll holler to stop by to borrow those tools. I have no idea yet what I’m doing in regards to pulling the dash but hopefully YouTube can assist.

Had a fun time putting this little piece of Boulder, CO on the Bronco last week.
    Had to get her ready for some beach time down on Anna Maria Island.
    My daughter cruised around town all weekend with her friends.
    We are on the wait list for a 4 point roll bar later in July. Having a local shop fab it up and tie it into the frame the right way.
    You lose the 3 point belts in these things when you take the top off, so hardtop will go back on until we can get it done up right.

https://videos.smugmug.com/Auto/Bron...il/master.m3u8

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Had a fun time putting this little piece of Boulder, CO on the Bronco last week.
    Had to get her ready for some beach time down on Anna Maria Island.
    My daughter cruised around town all weekend with her friends.
    We are on the wait list for a 4 point roll bar later in July. Having a local shop fab it up and tie it into the frame the right way.
    You lose the 3 point belts in these things when you take the top off, so hardtop will go back on until we can get it done up right.

https://videos.smugmug.com/Auto/Bron...il/master.m3u8
    That thing is so rad. 20 year old Rev would be hard as a rock. 47 year old Rev is still pretty hard, but requires big tires.

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

At 50, i'm just happy to get any attention.

Seeing the big smile on my daughter's face when I pulled up to the restaurant (they were there all week, so this was a surprise) with the Softopper on, almost made all the blood spilled worth it.
    3 separate pretty good cuts from this install, and I get to take it all apart this weekend once the new gaskets for the hardtop show up. Until then, she is not allowed any backseat passengers. It was all good on the 20 mph island, but here in the real world I am not taking the risk.

Check this shit out.
    https://www.thedrive.com/news/the-no...eceXwC--8MXiWu

I don't trust any of these online auctions, not one bit.

Check this shit out.
    https://www.thedrive.com/news/the-no...eceXwC--8MXiWu

I don't trust any of these online auctions, not one bit.
    So dicey.

I did some work for a PE company that ended up buying Cars and Bids. It was an honest process at that time, FWIW. I've sold a rig on BAT and it was also fine for me but I've heard of a lot of sketchiness on these platforms.

"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

The car business has always been sketchy. Although I was never a Bobby Stainless level kinda guy I was the asst used car sales manager at BMW of Murray for a few years. People hustling shitty or fucked titled cars is a gig onto itself. We had a list of people we couldn’t buy cars from, most of them involved a known group of traveling folks from the Northwest.

Hustlers invade everywhere that money is easily made.

yeah, gypsies roll through here every few years, steal a few dozen farm trucks, forge papers on em, sell em in tennessee or wherever the next week.
    swing your fucking sword.

Week of July 15th is roll bar time. Thinking about paint matching it to the Eddie Bauer copper color on the bottom.
    Probably will roll with it just epoxy color for a bit just to see how it looks first.
    These guys do great work. They will tie it into the frame with flex bushings so the body can still move.
    Should be safer than the cab when done.

It's the little things.

Booger finally has working power windows thanks to an hour spent tracing everything back to a faulty master switch.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    yeah, gypsies roll through here every few years, steal a few dozen farm trucks, forge papers on em, sell em in tennessee or wherever the next week.
    This sounds like a Wes Anderson movie.

Week of July 15th is roll bar time. Thinking about paint matching it to the Eddie Bauer copper color on the bottom.
    Probably will roll with it just epoxy color for a bit just to see how it looks first.
    These guys do great work. They will tie it into the frame with flex bushings so the body can still move.
    Should be safer than the cab when done.
    Then it's stage6 Bronco suspension time from SoloMotorsports and give the rev a truly priaprismic woody?

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    This sounds like a Wes Anderson movie.

Cow College Hellraiser 2: Pikeys

Is it just me or are all of our significant others WAY too quick to think a car's done for? LMAO. After a pretty trouble free existence since I got my C30 up and running, it started sounding like a riced out Civic without a muffler. The fix was simple and cheap. It was literally just that the bolts connecting the turbo to the cat backed out. My fault for trying to reuse said bolts when I did that job. Here's how the conversation went:
    Wife: "Hey. The cars sounding really bad. Like something is REALLY wrong with the engine."
    Me: "Ok. Lemme check it out."
    Me: "Meh. Just sounds like an exhaust leak somewhere. I'll have to investigate when I can get to it."
    Her: "I don't know. Maybe we need to start thinking about getting a newer car. I'm really worried about it."
    Me: "FFS, can I at least look into a bit more before coming to that conclusion?"

So I finally get it jacked up and crawl under it with the engine running, and lo and behold. I can see the gasket flapping in the breeze. Obvious problem is obvious. Pick up a new gasket and some fly new copper bolts at the dealer. Spent an hour dealing with it. Boom. Problem solved. Engine still running great. Makes you wonder how many people have traded in (for nothing) or junked their cars over simple issues. [/FACEPALM]

Wife is stoked on the car again tho, so it's all good. Drives great and seriously. It's been a mostly trouble-free delight ever since I got 'er sorted out a couple years back and like 20,000 miles ago.

Sent from my Pixel 8 using TGR Forums mobile app

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20240613_165512268.jpeg 
Views:	37 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	495068

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20240613_182353057.jpeg 
Views:	30 
Size:	115.8 KB 
ID:	495069

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    It's the little things.

Booger finally has working power windows thanks to an hour spent tracing everything back to a faulty master switch.

Is Booger a Suburban?

Those old switches are a bit complex. Lots going on behind there, especially if it is tied back to a key switch in the rear as well.

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    Then it's stage6 Bronco suspension time from SoloMotorsports and give the rev a truly priaprismic woody?
    Yeah, No.

Those things look great, but not going to be any desert racing any time soon.
    Stock height with 33's is perfect. Next step is a simple gear upgrade to give it a little more nuts.

Man, Warthog. Your Bronco's looking great! Truly an inspiration. Well done, mate!

Is Booger a Suburban?

Those old switches are a bit complex. Lots going on behind there, especially if it is tied back to a key switch in the rear as well.
    Booger is my girls' new name for the green FJ62.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Man, Warthog. Your Bronco's looking great! Truly an inspiration. Well done, mate!

Thanks man. Lotta fun, honestly. Watching my girls enjoy it and appreciate it is a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Is it just me or are all of our significant others WAY too quick to think a car's done for? LMAO. After a pretty trouble free existence since I got my C30 up and running, it started sounding like a riced out Civic without a muffler. The fix was simple and cheap. It was literally just that the bolts connecting the turbo to the cat backed out. My fault for trying to reuse said bolts when I did that job. Here's how the conversation went:
    Wife: "Hey. The cars sounding really bad. Like something is REALLY wrong with the engine."
    Me: "Ok. Lemme check it out."
    Me: "Meh. Just sounds like an exhaust leak somewhere. I'll have to investigate when I can get to it."
    Her: "I don't know. Maybe we need to start thinking about getting a newer car. I'm really worried about it."
    Me: "FFS, can I at least look into a bit more before coming to that conclusion?"

So I finally get it jacked up and crawl under it with the engine running, and lo and behold. I can see the gasket flapping in the breeze. Obvious problem is obvious. Pick up a new gasket and some fly new copper bolts at the dealer. Spent an hour dealing with it. Boom. Problem solved. Engine still running great. Makes you wonder how many people have traded in (for nothing) or junked their cars over simple issues. [/FACEPALM]

Wife is stoked on the car again tho, so it's all good. Drives great and seriously. It's been a mostly trouble-free delight ever since I got 'er sorted out a couple years back and like 20,000 miles ago.

It's stuff like this that gets me. I know a properly sorted car that's 15 years old can be perfectly reliable and all but I do ~1200 miles a week and it just seems like I'd be asking for trouble. It was the best road trip car I've ever had though...