Page 198 of 236 FirstFirst ... 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 ... LastLast
Results 4,926 to 4,950 of 5882
    Looks like a cam bolt and the associated tabs.

^yup. I think I'm gonna wait to hear what insurance says. If they'll cover it, it'll get replaced with new parts. If not, I'll explore plan b, c, d.

This is the wife's DD and she drives a bunch for work, so a quicker solution is sort of important.

Looks like some used ones on ebay for about $200. You can also look on car-parts.com.
    Do you have a mechanic that is willing to install used parts ? You might look at brake/suspension shops. Sometimes they charge a bit less than a full service shop and are way more experienced at this sort of thing. A few years back my kid hit something and bent the lower control arm on an old Benz and the local suspension shop sourced/replaced it for less than half of what a Indy euro shop wanted.

See if Rockworx will weld it on. Then trade the RAV4 in and get something else

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    See if Rockworx will weld it on. Then trade the RAV4 in and get something else
    Yeah, I may try giving him a call. I really don't want to get rid of it though, its such a good rig.

That sucks.

You could weld it but I wouldn't. Especially not your wife's daily. I'd be concerned about why it broke, rust, etc

You can buy the rear subframe cheap. Source one and find someone to put it in. I'm sure you could handle it yourself, but that job would definitely suck.

Make some calls. Flatbed to GJ? We had a shop here that specialized in replacing Subaru rear subframes and they would knock them out in no time.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

How are the 08ish diesel jeep grand cherooke? I know some of the issues with the engine since I was looking to get a r350. This engine dies not have all the emissions systems. The jeep would be free but wife says the 6spd avant will have to go.
    Last edited by Cocximus; 03-28-2023 at 10:15 PM.

$5 a gallon and extra stinky diesel for what? You towing? Long commute? Farmer cred?

Quote Originally Posted by Cocximus View Post
    How are the 08ish diesel jeep grand cherooke? I know some of the issues with the engine since I was looking to get a r350. This engine dies not have all the emissions systems. The jeep would be free but wife says the 6spd avant will have to go.
    We had a gasser 3.7. The interior felt like it was put together by a rabid toddler. One of the worst vehicles I've ever been in.

... wife says the 6spd avant will have to go.
    Ah, man. Hate to see that. At least you will still have the car.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    That sucks.

You could weld it but I wouldn't. Especially not your wife's daily. I'd be concerned about why it broke, rust, etc

You can buy the rear subframe cheap. Source one and find someone to put it in. I'm sure you could handle it yourself, but that job would definitely suck.

Make some calls. Flatbed to GJ? We had a shop here that specialized in replacing Subaru rear subframes and they would knock them out in no time.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
    Not sure why I wasn't considering this yesterday, but I used to work at a body shop in Gunnison and it sounds like they will be able to do the job. Working on getting a quote and sourcing parts now. LKQ has subframes in the $200 dollar range.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Not sure why I wasn't considering this yesterday, but I used to work at a body shop in Gunnison and it sounds like they will be able to do the job. Working on getting a quote and sourcing parts now. LKQ has subframes in the $200 dollar range.
    It was probably that drive through the construction on 50 that probably broke the damn thing in the first place!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

I'm in a place where a jeep is a lot more useful. There's a lot of skiing and hiking terrain that can only be accessed with a HC vehicle. Also, many roads require chains. I took my Audi in places that mall crawlers won't, but it's slow and risky. Yes the 6spd is nice and it served me very well, but I think it's time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Touring_Sedan View Post
    We had a gasser 3.7. The interior felt like it was put together by a rabid toddler. One of the worst vehicles I've ever been in.
    I am starting to understand. I am OCD about squeaks or any kind of noise. The white(road) noise of all terrain tires is a feature.

I am starting to understand. I am OCD about squeaks or any kind of noise. The white(road) noise of all terrain tires is a feature.
    For me, it wasn't even the wind noise or squeaks. It was all the unbelievably shitty plastic with square edges that felt like they'd break if you looked at them the wrong way. The gated shifter was dumb as fuck, as was the transfer case control. I still can't figure out how the fuck they made the interior on something that big feel so small. At 6 foot 3, I struggled to find a comfortable driving position.

Day 1. Air compressor does not want to start. I put the key in the ignition from the passenger side, start the engine, the compressor runs. I close the door to get to the other wheel and the doors lock. Fortunately I figured out how to open the door with a coat hanger before emptying the tank idling. Kinda concerning how easy it was. Not that crack heads would bother. I have to find a place to stash the coat hanger in case this shit happens again.

Late 80s goodness...
    E30 fuel rail and rebuilt injectors. Cause i like my inline 6 smooooove....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20230407_232827180.jpeg 
Views:	56 
Size:	111.2 KB 
ID:	454831
    sigless.

I know it's hard to believe, but i had to hunt around the house for the Vaseline. Too busy lately for furious masterbation ALL the time. I'll install these suckers in the morning.
    sigless.

Gah, pics man.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20230407_233755086.jpeg 
Views:	53 
Size:	128.1 KB 
ID:	454843
    sigless.

What can folks tell me about high torque electric impact wrenches? I'm doing the struts and lower control arms on my Nissan Frontier and have had a bitch of a time on the front strut bolts. So much so that the first one I've tried won't come lose with with a buddy's air impact wrench that supposedly has 500 ft/lbs of torque as well as hitting it with a torch as much as I dare without melting my CV boot

. I've got Ridgid tools and see that they have a 1/2" impact that has ~1300 ft/lbs of torque. Am I going to have any luck with this thing? I'm fine cutting a bolt out with a Sawzall but realistically I've got 2 strut bolts and 4 LCA bolts to wrestle through still. Thoughts? I've already got other Ridgid tools hence my interest in their impact.

Edit: Everything has been soaking in PB Blaster for the last week too! These things are fucked!!!

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    What can folks tell me about high torque electric impact wrenches? I'm doing the struts and lower control arms on my Nissan Frontier and have had a bitch of a time on the front strut bolts. So much so that the first one I've tried won't come lose with with a buddy's air impact wrench that supposedly has 500 ft/lbs of torque as well as hitting it with a torch as much as I dare without melting my CV boot

. I've got Ridgid tools and see that they have a 1/2" impact that has ~1300 ft/lbs of torque. Am I going to have any luck with this thing? I'm fine cutting a bolt out with a Sawzall but realistically I've got 2 strut bolts and 4 LCA bolts to wrestle through still. Thoughts? I've already got other Ridgid tools hence my interest in their impact.

Edit: Everything has been soaking in PB Blaster for the last week too! These things are fucked!!!
    My Milwaukee electric impact seriously changed my game. There are a ton of things that I was just too busy or lazy to do that suddenly became fast and easy...tire rotation, suspension, etc. Anything that involved taking wheels off became that much faster and easier.

I think they're highly worth it.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Do you have a long breaker bar? I'd try that before buying a massive impact gun - assuming you already have a typical impact.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Do you have a long breaker bar? I'd try that before buying a massive impact gun - assuming you already have a typical impact.
    Yeah man. 2 foot breaker bar and a 2 foot cheater.

Yeah man. 2 foot breaker bar and a 2 foot cheater.
    Damn. It's stuck.

I'm just picturing snapping off a big bolt by hitting it with 1300 ft-lb, and then having to deal with that...
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Damn. It's stuck.

I'm just picturing snapping off a big bolt by hitting it with 1300 ft-lb, and then having to deal with that...
    I view it as being kinda like the dirt bike saying:
    "More throttle may either fix the situation or make it worse, but it will remove all doubt."