Page 118 of 236 FirstFirst ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 5882
    Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    Injectors 5 and 6 on an 2000Merc E320 with 236K on the ticker. If it weren't for beer it'd be sitting but after a sixer noooo let's do this in the rain (halfway into the garage)

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Oh and oil change and a headlight replaced too.

Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

This shit is the BEST!!!
    Git some.

Before and after pics tonight when I get home. Stuff is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    Injectors 5 and 6 on an 2000Merc E320 with 236K on the ticker. If it weren't for beer it'd be sitting but after a sixer noooo let's do this in the rain (halfway into the garage)

At least your hood goes vertical.

Agreed. It restored a bunch of my project car parts.

Fucking amazing stuff. I am in the process of restoring all of my wrenches and channel locks. The humidity here is a tool killer. I can't believe I didn't try this stuff sooner.

Transmission refill gobbled up all this whole gallon and wants more. This stuff isn't cheap!

I used 12 liters when I flushed the tranny fluid and changed the filter recently. The stuff ZF says It's supposed to use is about $20/LR but I used the equivalent from Liqui Moly at less than $10/ltr. 5k miles so far and it seems fine.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Transmission refill gobbled up all this whole gallon and wants more. This stuff isn't cheap!
    I sure hope that’s a manual transmission….

Does anyone have any advice on steel aftermarket bumpers for Nissan Frontiers? Also any insight in getting insurance to pay for an upgraded bumper after crunching a deer rather than a OEM replacement?

From what I read frequently steel bumpers also require upgraded struts/springs up front. Anyone aware of anything else I should consider before proceeding a bit further down the rabbit hole?

If you have a Ford product, look into Forscan for programming features on/off. Program is free, runs best off a laptop connected to the OBD port. You need to buy a cable - Amazon has several, prices around $18-30. Forums have tons of info on what you can change and how to do it.

Takes a little while to learn what/how to use it, but the actual changes are pretty easy and quick.

I changed the factory TPMS thresholds from 60 F / 80 R to a more reasonable 50 psi all around. Turned off some annoying chimes at startup. And changed a setting that allows for scrolling through MP3 files while vehicle in motion (it's blocked otherwise).

Other stuff planned but not ready yet (awaiting parts): LED bulbs for all brake and turn signals (Forscan turns off hyperflash), add hill descent control (truck comes with everything needed even if you don't buy that option - just buy the factory dashboard switch for $18 and reprogram to turn on functionality).
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    Does anyone have any advice on steel aftermarket bumpers for Nissan Frontiers? Also any insight in getting insurance to pay for an upgraded bumper after crunching a deer rather than a OEM replacement?

From what I read frequently steel bumpers also require upgraded struts/springs up front. Anyone aware of anything else I should consider before proceeding a bit further down the rabbit hole?
    When I was still driving a Nissan shrockworks out of Houston was the best in the biz for aftermarket armor. At that time the Chinese hadn't knocked them off yet cuz the interest in Nissan aftermarket parts wasn't nearly as robust as jeep or Ford.

Don't you just go to the approved body shop, get the estimate, have insurance cut you the check, then do the work yourself for a third of the amount and pocket the difference?

I did end up putting new front coils on my Xterra after adding the steel bumper and winch. When you cantilever a couple hundred extra pounds off the front end it has a tendency to make it dive a bit during hard braking which can turn an already stressful deal into the kind of thing you never want to repeat. But I think a lot of guys who are adding armor are modding their suspensions anyway so they kind of go hand in hand even if not out of necessity.
    Last edited by Cruiser; 10-09-2021 at 03:19 PM.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Don't you just go to the approved body shop, get the estimate, have insurance cut you the check, then do the work yourself for a third of the amount and pocket the difference?
    That'll probably be the method but somehow in my life besides a windshield replacement this'll be my first insurance claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    I sure hope that’s a manual transmission….
    It's an E154F which is one of the best manuals Toyota ever made. Gotta treat it right

If you're thinking about a plate style bumper (not just tube), pay close attention to weight. Suspension upgrades only go so far and I don't know how close the Frontier is to the actual axle rating, but I can vouch for my F150 being within a few hundred pounds of the front axle rating, not just the fGAWR (which is just a little lower) after installing a bumper and winch. The same axle in my case is on all F150s of the same generation, so I'm comfortable pushing the GAWR a little with tire and suspension upgrades (as there are factory trucks with a higher GAWR that matches the actual axle rating, just with different tire and spring specs), but again, I don't know what the deal is with the Frontier.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post

It may also affect how the airbags work. I've seen way too many front end collisions where the airbags don't go off because the bumper is too stiff or the tube bumper guards change the dynamics and the sensors don't read right. It actually happens frequently to cop cars with the push bumper.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    It may also affect how the airbags work. I've seen way too many front end collisions where the airbags don't go off because the bumper is too stiff or the tube bumper guards change the dynamics and the sensors don't read right. It actually happens frequently to cop cars with the push bumper.
    Fake news.

You have it backwards. If anything, aftermarket bumpers make the airbags deploy sooner.

https://thecustomtruck.com/do-afterm...ffect-airbags/

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Planning to replace pads and rotors on a 2002 Outback this weekend with my SIL. Local big boxes have crappy service, high prices compared to online and spotty parts quality. What etailer do you like for their service? Brands/types of rotors and pads that you like?
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

I don't like rockauto because they have rotors and pads for less than my cost through a wholesale distributor after shipping, but i've been ordering from there, because it's cheaper.

centric premium blanks have been my go to rotor, part number should start with 120.470xx for subaru rotors. I have stoptech street performance pads which I am not sure are on rockauto so you could just go with like centric posi quiets or something.

Radiator cracked in my legacy awhile back and i finally got around to replacing it the other day. also ordered from rockauto because napa had nothing locally and guess what it was still cheaper for a nicer one. I was worried it went out because the fans didn't come on (or something worse, it is an old 2.5 subaru afterall...) but fans came on when they were supposed to, thermostat opened, everything seems to be working as normal, but it's also not 90 degrees anymore. Popped a timing cover off while I was at it and everything looked ok but I probably should have gotten more into it and considered replacing the water pump and at least the hoses.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Planning to replace pads and rotors on a 2002 Outback this weekend with my SIL. Local big boxes have crappy service, high prices compared to online and spotty parts quality. What etailer do you like for their service? Brands/types of rotors and pads that you like?
    Entire brake pad/rotor kit for that Outback is only $180 at Rockauto! Powerstop brand. They're not Brembo, but I put 'em on my Volvo and I've been plenty happy. Been a fine OEM replacement.
    https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=4663416

Make sure to give yourself an extra 3-4 days for possible shipping delays. I placed 2 separate orders from them in the last few months and BOTH shipped out of NY via fed ex ground taking a few extra days.

Rockauto also has a 5% discount code running at all times, it just changes every month. Google for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I’ve only used rockauto for an etailer but only for stuff that’s too expensive at the parts stores like injectors, coils, sensors and whathaveyou.

For pads and rotors, Wagner’s my go to if you can find them online. I usually get mine at NAPA or Oreilly if you’re not too pissed at them. They’re quiet, the pad backing plates are always machined correctly, last forever, and the rotors rarely warp.

Only out of box warped rotors that I have bought in the past few years have been powerstop. Centric have been solid. Raybestos fell apart but they warrantied them. Bosch was good as well.

These companies seem to constantly be changing factories so I don't trust them 100% and buy from the Daily Driver category on Rock Auto rather than economy or high performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Fake news.

You have it backwards. If anything, aftermarket bumpers make the airbags deploy sooner.

https://thecustomtruck.com/do-afterm...ffect-airbags/

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Do modern trucks even use impact force sensors or are they using accelerometers?

I thought I had read the latter for my 2017 F-150, but I can't recall for sure.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Napper or Rockauto has what you need. Be sure to use silicone lube on the slide pins.
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!