Page 56 of 236 FirstFirst ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 5882
    Why do people own subaru's these day? The one and only new car bought by my parents was a 1980 GL with a real high/low transfer case, adjustable rear torsion lift, and a factory stock set of extra rims for snows. Tan/White. It rusted to hell after 300k, but that engine was still going. My Dad had a plate welded in the rear floorboards so we wouldn't fall out if we got out of our seatbelts.

But now, why?

As opposed to what alternative?

Alltrak?

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    As opposed to what alternative?
    A fucking bicycle is more practical and reliable, and I own a 20 year old Rover.

I sure miss my e30. 1990 325i 5 speed. I sold it in 2008 with 180k for $6,000 which was a good deal to me at the time. I've been following some of the recent sales on BaT... Kinda cool to see them worth so much. Always makes me smile to see them on the road.

The only surviving photo I can find of mine...
    Name:  IMG_9975.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  158.9 KB
    Never got around to replacing that lower front bumper valence... Is it me or are those ALWAYS missing on the non-diving board bumper e30s?

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Zander View Post
    dude, smash the grill and stick a screwdriver in the latch.

or put the jumper cables on the starter cable from under the car.
    This! And buy replacement grill at junkyard. Or JC Whitney for $53. Link

Damn, we're in a tight spot!

Hello geniuses.

Looking for any special insight into this one:

79 ford truck:
    originally: headlights would not come on for a minute or so after pulling the switch. Then they just wouldn't come on. Tail lights, marker lights OK.

Replace dash headlight switch. One headlight would be dim, the other bright. When switching with the floor clicker, the dim/bright scenario would switch sides. Since this was a new problem, suspected a defective new switch and went to warrantee the switch. When pulling the switch at the parts store everything worked properly....ie lows lit properly together, highs the same.
    I called it fixed (BobMC calls this an FFI. Fucking Fixed Itself) and went on with life for a week or so.

Last night both lows would not light up, but the brights worked ok.

needless to say, this shit is getting old. I'm going to look at the floor switch and kind of dig into the wiring and see if anything looks hinky, but if there's any special insight into this (some weird fusable link, "that's definitely the floor switch, that's what they do when they fail...." that kind of thing) , please by all means share away.
    I'm well past the stage of enjoying any of this from a hobbyist standpoint and really just want my god damn lights to work.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Hello geniuses.

Looking for any special insight into this one:

79 ford truck:
    originally: headlights would not come on for a minute or so after pulling the switch. Then they just wouldn't come on. Tail lights, marker lights OK.

Replace dash headlight switch. One headlight would be dim, the other bright. When switching with the floor clicker, the dim/bright scenario would switch sides. Since this was a new problem, suspected a defective new switch and went to warrantee the switch. When pulling the switch at the parts store everything worked properly....ie lows lit properly together, highs the same.
    I called it fixed (BobMC calls this an FFI. Fucking Fixed Itself) and went on with life for a week or so.

Last night both lows would not light up, but the brights worked ok.

needless to say, this shit is getting old. I'm going to look at the floor switch and kind of dig into the wiring and see if anything looks hinky, but if there's any special insight into this (some weird fusable link, "that's definitely the floor switch, that's what they do when they fail...." that kind of thing) , please by all means share away.
    I'm well past the stage of enjoying any of this from a hobbyist standpoint and really just want my god damn lights to work.
    I'd look at all your grounds. Clean the connection on all of them and make sure they are making good contact to body/frame. Ground issues can cause weird electrical shit like that.

Well, the connections at the floor switch looked like dog shit. Cleaned and greased everything up and it all works like it should now.
    No big deal sorting shit out here on a sunny day at 45-50 degrees. When it’s 33 degrees and raining and howling wind it’s a nightmare...too much of that lately.

I had e28 and then got an e30 4door sedan. E30 just too small and kinda loud so I sold it. Are the e28’s getting the retro love? Great cars! The e30 cabriolet is different than hardtops and feel much bigger when opened up.

Well, the connections at the floor switch looked like dog shit. Cleaned and greased everything up and it all works like it should now.
    No big deal sorting shit out here on a sunny day at 45-50 degrees. When it’s 33 degrees and raining and howling wind it’s a nightmare...too much of that lately.
    Hell yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    I had e28 and then got an e30 4door sedan. E30 just too small and kinda loud so I sold it. Are the e28’s getting the retro love? Great cars! The e30 cabriolet is different than hardtops and feel much bigger when opened up.
    If in good condition and manual then yes. Maybe not fetching as much as a similar condition e30, but there's still a market for them no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by kungpow View Post
    If in good condition and manual then yes. Maybe not fetching as much as a similar condition e30, but there's still a market for them no doubt.
    I've been keeping an eye out for an e28, really would like a 535is, manual, but good ones are near impossible to find. Man BMW used to make a great car. Not so much anymore. E39 and E46 are the last ones worth a damn. Build quality has fallen.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Just saw this on KSL... Looks like a great deal. I sold my last manual vert for $10.5k. Someone should snap this up.
    1987 BMW 3 Series 325iC http://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/5539081

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

This one looks good too.
    1988 BMW 3 Series 325iS http://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/5512202

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Just saw this on KSL... Looks like a great deal. I sold my last manual vert for $10.5k. Someone should snap this up.
    1987 BMW 3 Series 325iC http://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/5539081

sent from Utah.
    I was planning on scamming him, but he says "no scammers" in the ad.
    bummed.

I was planning on scamming him, but he says "no scammers" in the ad.
    bummed.
    You could always ask if he'd consider being scammed, no harm in asking.

Walk away and live to scam another day.

Here’s a pic the zhp waiting for an oil change and a cleaning.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	27E638E3-C30C-4103-96ED-404CFAF36EB3.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	987.8 KB 
ID:	280757

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Good reminder! The headlights are pretty mangy. It’s due for that treatment too! I’ve got that kit in the garage works great.

New wheels and tires today along with test fitting a hitch rack. Not under the hood, but i have to show this to someone and it seemed douchey to put on the gram.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Those wheels look great. Hitch rack is nice as well.

What kind of rubber did you go with?

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

I just put a set of Firestone Indy 500 on mine. Sticky.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190420_164141.jpeg 
Views:	55 
Size:	112.9 KB 
ID:	281817Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190420_164258.jpeg 
Views:	54 
Size:	108.5 KB 
ID:	281818

sent from Utah.
    sigless.